Alienware M17X
How to install the newest driver 310.90 for GforceX 260M card on my Alienware M17x
How to install the newest driver 310.90 for GforceX 260M card on my Alienware M17x

Posted 01/23/2013 01:13 AM   
this is how you install driver 310.90 on your Alienware laptop: DON'T DO IT !!!!!! use 306.97 but don't use any 310 drivers until these drivers are fixed with the next release that is suppose too be within a week from now.
this is how you install driver 310.90 on your Alienware laptop: DON'T DO IT !!!!!!
use 306.97 but don't use any 310 drivers until these drivers are fixed with the next release that is suppose too be within a week from now.

Corsair C70 case, ASUS Sabertooth X58,Intel i7 970 6 core cpu, 24gigs Avant memory, PNY GTX 680 4GB, Corsair AX1200 psu with sleeved cables, Sound Blaster Z, 2 LG Blu-Ray, 2 Crucial M500 120GB SSD, 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB HDD, Microsoft SideWinder X4 keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse, Xbox 360 controller, Logitech 5.1 speakers, LG 27" IPS LED monitor, 3 Noctua 120mm fans, 2 Noctua 140mm fans, 1 Noctua 92mm fan, Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO cpu cooler. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. GPU has a small overclock by me.

Posted 01/23/2013 03:11 AM   
I believe your laptop features NVIDIA Hybrid SLI. Notebooks with Hybrid SLI technology are not supported by our current drivers.
I believe your laptop features NVIDIA Hybrid SLI. Notebooks with Hybrid SLI technology are not supported by our current drivers.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/23/2013 08:34 AM   
According to the following link all you have to do is disable Hybrid SLI and your motherboard GPU in your BIOS and install the latest GeForce drivers using a modified INF file that includes your 260M GPU. Of course it's not officially supported by Nvidia or Alienware. [url]http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/702681-alienware-m17x-r1-graphics-help.html[/url]
According to the following link all you have to do is disable Hybrid SLI and your motherboard GPU in your BIOS and install the latest GeForce drivers using a modified INF file that includes your 260M GPU.

Of course it's not officially supported by Nvidia or Alienware.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/702681-alienware-m17x-r1-graphics-help.html

HP Firebird 802 + HP 2159m monitor + Windows 7 Home Premium + Windows 8 Pro with Media Center
2 x GeForce 9800 S dGPU in 2-way SLI + nForce 760i SLI mGPU
GeForce Display Driver 266.58 WHQL installs correctly without modification.
GeForce Display Driver 296.10 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but NVIDIA Control Panel is broken.
GeForce Display Driver 320.49 WHQL requires modified NV_DISP.INF file to install correctly but 2-way SLI is broken.

Posted 01/23/2013 01:36 PM   
why nvidia do not support as standard the Alienware Notebooks? they/u (nvidia) does have an contract for sure to deliver your graphikcards to dell for manufacturing the Alienware Laptops this must be a big deal that dell use Nvidia in the Alienware Noteboooks? so, ... and now we arrived at the point that i do not understand: WHY the HELL (sorry) nvidia does [b]not [/b][b]Support [/b]Alienware Notebooks when u(nvidia) [b]release [/b]the [b]drivers[/b]? is there any reason, that i can understand? u, nvidia, must make millions of euros with dell so i do not understand why the drivers are not configured for Alienware Notebooks when they get released , huh??? [u][b]Another Question:[/b][/u] i am useing the first Release of the Alienware M17x Notebooks and i wanna know if i can change /upgrade to another Graphikcard? ( iam currently using 260M and the 9400 integrated one) and can i do this by myself or do i need to Study Electronic at the University to do this?
why nvidia do not support as standard the Alienware Notebooks?
they/u (nvidia) does have an contract for sure to deliver your graphikcards to dell for manufacturing the Alienware Laptops this must be a big deal that dell use Nvidia in the Alienware Noteboooks? so, ... and now we arrived at the point that i do not understand: WHY the HELL (sorry) nvidia does not Support Alienware Notebooks when u(nvidia) release the drivers?

is there any reason, that i can understand?

u, nvidia, must make millions of euros with dell so i do not understand why the drivers are not configured for Alienware Notebooks when they get released , huh???

Another Question:
i am useing the first Release of the Alienware M17x Notebooks and i wanna know if i can change /upgrade to another Graphikcard? ( iam currently using 260M and the 9400 integrated one)
and can i do this by myself or do i need to Study Electronic at the University to do this?

Posted 01/24/2013 02:17 PM   
Scroll To Top