310.90 problems, help?
Hi guys, i just made an nvidia account to ask you this question, do i have to uninstall my current driver (310.70 beta) before installing a new one like the 310.90? the 310.90 caused me to do a factory reset on my alienware and it was very frustrating, but i just want to know this for future reference, because alot of people tell me i need to uninstall my driver before installing a new one, and some say its not necessary, i just want a straight answer. Any help is appreciated.
Hi guys, i just made an nvidia account to ask you this question, do i have to uninstall my current driver (310.70 beta) before installing a new one like the 310.90? the 310.90 caused me to do a factory reset on my alienware and it was very frustrating, but i just want to know this for future reference, because alot of people tell me i need to uninstall my driver before installing a new one, and some say its not necessary, i just want a straight answer. Any help is appreciated.

Posted 01/21/2013 01:26 AM   
[quote="nickprs"]do i have to uninstall my current driver (310.70 beta) before installing a new one like the 310.90?[/quote] No you don't have to but sometimes people recommend it. It's also possible to install new driver over top without issue, or select the custom > clean install option provided during setup.
nickprs said:do i have to uninstall my current driver (310.70 beta) before installing a new one like the 310.90?

No you don't have to but sometimes people recommend it. It's also possible to install new driver over top without issue, or select the custom > clean install option provided during setup.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 01/21/2013 11:22 AM   
Thanks for the response tweakman, ill keep that in mind for when i need to update my driver but i think ill stay away from the 310.90 for now because some people have problems with it like me and other do not, ill see what the next driver brings.
Thanks for the response tweakman, ill keep that in mind for when i need to update my driver but i think ill stay away from the 310.90 for now because some people have problems with it like me and other do not, ill see what the next driver brings.

Posted 01/21/2013 03:49 PM   
Scroll To Top