Can I Change My GPU In My Laptop?
Well, the question says it all really. I just want a straight answer so either yes, no or a link to a website if yes. I have a Toshiba Satellite P850-321.
Well, the question says it all really. I just want a straight answer so either yes, no or a link to a website if yes. I have a Toshiba Satellite P850-321.

Posted 01/15/2013 07:10 PM   
Nothing on its product sheet gives me the impression the GPU is upgradable or that the motherboard provides an MXM interface for an add-in card. So, no. Even if you could, I tend to not advise doing this. Consumer laptops are designed with a small range of hardware in mind, and mobile GPUs can vary greatly in their power consumption and heat dissipation requirements. It's best to purchase a laptop that has been engineered around those needs.
Nothing on its product sheet gives me the impression the GPU is upgradable or that the motherboard provides an MXM interface for an add-in card. So, no.

Even if you could, I tend to not advise doing this. Consumer laptops are designed with a small range of hardware in mind, and mobile GPUs can vary greatly in their power consumption and heat dissipation requirements. It's best to purchase a laptop that has been engineered around those needs.

NVIDIA | Content & Technology
Technical Marketing Analyst, Gaming Products and Technologies

Posted 01/15/2013 07:35 PM   
Ok thank you and, whilst I'm on this topic, is it possible for me to add more memory to my shared graphics card because it has a maximum storage or 1.9GB and I don't use all my RAM anyway.
Ok thank you and, whilst I'm on this topic, is it possible for me to add more memory to my shared graphics card because it has a maximum storage or 1.9GB and I don't use all my RAM anyway.

Posted 01/16/2013 07:49 AM   
Scroll To Top