GTX 660 Ti PC crashing
Hello, I just upgraded my GPU from an ATI Radeon 5670 to an MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition with 2GB of VRAM. Before the upgrade, I was able to run modern games, including Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on the highest graphics settings. Now that I've upgraded, I've been having one issue after the next with hard freezes and driver crashes. I started out on 310.90 and then rolled back to 306.97 after seeing some posts here. Even with that driver, I just crashed again while trying out an ENB with Skyrim. This crash, by the way, was to the point where I couldn't even get out of the game using ctrl+alt+delete. I could only get out by doing a hard reset. I thought maybe the card just can't handle that kind of load, but on the last crash my fps was running consistently at 40-50, and at the time of the crash, it was at 40.5 fps. Any help would be appreciated! By the way, this is a fresh install of Windows 7, so I'm pretty sure it's not the previous ATI drivers. My system: OS - Win7 CPU - AMD FX 8120 Eight-core Processor, 3.11 GHz RAM - 8 GB PSU - Rocketfish 900W Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Hello,

I just upgraded my GPU from an ATI Radeon 5670 to an MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition with 2GB of VRAM. Before the upgrade, I was able to run modern games, including Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on the highest graphics settings. Now that I've upgraded, I've been having one issue after the next with hard freezes and driver crashes. I started out on 310.90 and then rolled back to 306.97 after seeing some posts here. Even with that driver, I just crashed again while trying out an ENB with Skyrim. This crash, by the way, was to the point where I couldn't even get out of the game using ctrl+alt+delete. I could only get out by doing a hard reset.

I thought maybe the card just can't handle that kind of load, but on the last crash my fps was running consistently at 40-50, and at the time of the crash, it was at 40.5 fps. Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, this is a fresh install of Windows 7, so I'm pretty sure it's not the previous ATI drivers.

My system:

OS - Win7
CPU - AMD FX 8120 Eight-core Processor, 3.11 GHz
RAM - 8 GB
PSU - Rocketfish 900W
Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX

Posted 01/14/2013 04:20 PM   
Scroll To Top