GTX 660 Ti PC crashing
Hello, I just upgraded my GPU from an ATI Radeon 5670 to an MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition with 2GB of VRAM. Before the upgrade, I was able to run modern games, including Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on the highest graphics settings. Now that I've upgraded, I've been having one issue after the next with hard freezes and driver crashes. I started out on 310.90 and then rolled back to 306.97 after seeing some posts here. Even with that driver, I just crashed again while trying out an ENB with Skyrim. This crash, by the way, was to the point where I couldn't even get out of the game using ctrl+alt+delete. I could only get out by doing a hard reset. I thought maybe the card just can't handle that kind of load, but on the last crash my fps was running consistently at 40-50, and at the time of the crash, it was at 40.5 fps. Any help would be appreciated! By the way, this is a fresh install of Windows 7, so I'm pretty sure it's not the previous ATI drivers. My system: OS - Win7 CPU - AMD FX 8120 Eight-core Processor, 3.11 GHz RAM - 8 GB PSU - Rocketfish 900W Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Hello,

I just upgraded my GPU from an ATI Radeon 5670 to an MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition with 2GB of VRAM. Before the upgrade, I was able to run modern games, including Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on the highest graphics settings. Now that I've upgraded, I've been having one issue after the next with hard freezes and driver crashes. I started out on 310.90 and then rolled back to 306.97 after seeing some posts here. Even with that driver, I just crashed again while trying out an ENB with Skyrim. This crash, by the way, was to the point where I couldn't even get out of the game using ctrl+alt+delete. I could only get out by doing a hard reset.

I thought maybe the card just can't handle that kind of load, but on the last crash my fps was running consistently at 40-50, and at the time of the crash, it was at 40.5 fps. Any help would be appreciated!

By the way, this is a fresh install of Windows 7, so I'm pretty sure it's not the previous ATI drivers.

My system:

OS - Win7
CPU - AMD FX 8120 Eight-core Processor, 3.11 GHz
RAM - 8 GB
PSU - Rocketfish 900W
Mobo - Asus Sabertooth 990FX

Posted 01/14/2013 04:20 PM   
Same also, can anyone solve this? but mine is Palit GTX 660 ti
Same also, can anyone solve this? but mine is Palit GTX 660 ti

Posted 05/10/2014 03:31 PM   
I'm running 335.23 with no issues with games on a gtx660 oc edition. I'm yet to try Skyrim with this card. All I can suggest is try reinstalling the nvidia drivers, give the latest drivers a go or even the beta drivers 335.50 You can use DDU as posted on these forums to completely remove old drivers and left over entries. The chances are your current drivers have got corrupted. Skyrim mods can be very tricky with many dirty edits and compatibility issues with other mods which can cause crashes so ensure you read and check each one before installing.
I'm running 335.23 with no issues with games on a gtx660 oc edition. I'm yet to try Skyrim with this card.
All I can suggest is try reinstalling the nvidia drivers, give the latest drivers a go or even the beta drivers 335.50
You can use DDU as posted on these forums to completely remove old drivers and left over entries. The chances are your current drivers have got corrupted.
Skyrim mods can be very tricky with many dirty edits and compatibility issues with other mods which can cause crashes so ensure you read and check each one before installing.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC
AMD FX8350 8 Core unlocked Black Edition 4.0Ghz
CPU cooler T4 Hyper coolmaster
StrikeX AeroCool gaming case
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Rev.3 Bios version FD
RAM G-Skill RipJawX F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL/4G x2 8GB total
PSU OCZ ZT series Bronze 80 650w
Monitor wllyama Resolution 1680 X 1050, 59.999Hz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

Posted 05/10/2014 09:15 PM   
Scroll To Top