Drivers for GeForce Go 7400 (in Sony Vaio)
I have rather old Sony laptop - VGN-FE890. It uses GeForce Go 7400 video card and for this card there is no driver neither in windows itself nor here, at NVidia site. This problem is not new for me, I saw it when I were installing preview version of Windows 8. It was easily solved by downloading driver for Vista/Windows7 version 179.48. But it doesn't want to get installed on release version of Windows 8. When I run setup I'm getting the following error: The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit. Generally, I did all the same like on this screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCfHAGS624. Here guy install those drivers on Dell laptop I believe. I think it is not a problem with drivers, but rather with some drivers signature. It is stated somewhere that it won't work on this version of Windows (and at this laptop), but because it was working in preview I almost sure it must work in release. Is there any way to solve this problem?
I have rather old Sony laptop - VGN-FE890. It uses GeForce Go 7400 video card and for this card there is no driver neither in windows itself nor here, at NVidia site. This problem is not new for me, I saw it when I were installing preview version of Windows 8. It was easily solved by downloading driver for Vista/Windows7 version 179.48. But it doesn't want to get installed on release version of Windows 8.

When I run setup I'm getting the following error:
The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Generally, I did all the same like on this screencast: Here guy install those drivers on Dell laptop I believe.

I think it is not a problem with drivers, but rather with some drivers signature. It is stated somewhere that it won't work on this version of Windows (and at this laptop), but because it was working in preview I almost sure it must work in release.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Posted 01/11/2013 05:14 PM   
[quote="xorets"]I have rather old Sony laptop - VGN-FE890. It uses GeForce Go 7400 video card and for this card there is no driver neither in windows itself nor here, at NVidia site. This problem is not new for me, I saw it when I were installing preview version of Windows 8. It was easily solved by downloading driver for Vista/Windows7 version 179.48. But it doesn't want to get installed on release version of Windows 8. When I run setup I'm getting the following error: The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit. Generally, I did all the same like on this screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCfHAGS624. Here guy install those drivers on Dell laptop I believe. I think it is not a problem with drivers, but rather with some drivers signature. It is stated somewhere that it won't work on this version of Windows (and at this laptop), but because it was working in preview I almost sure it must work in release. Is there any way to solve this problem? [/quote] For a system like yours, you may want to try 3rd party site like laptopvideo2go.com and get their modified driver. They may have modified drivers that you can use with your GPU. But keep in mind the drivers haven't been tested for your particular system, OS and GPU combination so you may encounter unpredictable problems.
xorets said:I have rather old Sony laptop - VGN-FE890. It uses GeForce Go 7400 video card and for this card there is no driver neither in windows itself nor here, at NVidia site. This problem is not new for me, I saw it when I were installing preview version of Windows 8. It was easily solved by downloading driver for Vista/Windows7 version 179.48. But it doesn't want to get installed on release version of Windows 8.

When I run setup I'm getting the following error:
The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Generally, I did all the same like on this screencast: Here guy install those drivers on Dell laptop I believe.

I think it is not a problem with drivers, but rather with some drivers signature. It is stated somewhere that it won't work on this version of Windows (and at this laptop), but because it was working in preview I almost sure it must work in release.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

For a system like yours, you may want to try 3rd party site like laptopvideo2go.com and get their modified driver. They may have modified drivers that you can use with your GPU. But keep in mind the drivers haven't been tested for your particular system, OS and GPU combination so you may encounter unpredictable problems.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 01/11/2013 11:35 PM   
The last driver we provided for Geforce 7 series notebook GPUs did not include Sony notebooks because Sony did not participate in the Verde program at the time. We have dropped Geforce 7 series Go GPU notebook support for quite some time and have no immediate plans to bring back support.
The last driver we provided for Geforce 7 series notebook GPUs did not include Sony notebooks because Sony did not participate in the Verde program at the time. We have dropped Geforce 7 series Go GPU notebook support for quite some time and have no immediate plans to bring back support.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/12/2013 12:23 AM   
Thank you for pointing me out at this resource. I were able to install the driver, but it doesn't start reporting the error 0000002B. Is this something solvable. P.S. I can't express how much a hate Sony attitude.
Thank you for pointing me out at this resource. I were able to install the driver, but it doesn't start reporting the error 0000002B. Is this something solvable.

P.S. I can't express how much a hate Sony attitude.

Posted 01/12/2013 12:39 PM   
Problem is solved. I took drivers 180.70, replaced inf file and installed. http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista/180.70/disclaimer
Problem is solved. I took drivers 180.70, replaced inf file and installed.

http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista/180.70/disclaimer

Posted 01/12/2013 01:13 PM   
Scroll To Top