Faulty chipset GeForce 8600m GT in Macbook pro
I have an Apple laptop, which is mounted a faulty GPU GeForce 8600m GT. I would like to replace it with a good one, but I do not know which chipset is no technical defects and to be suitable for my hardware. This is a faulty chipset G84-600-A2 installed in my MacBook. There are three other chipsets matching the 8600m GT graphics: G84-601-A2 G84-602-A2 G84-603-A2 Which one should I buy, and that will work? Regards, Tom
I have an Apple laptop, which is mounted a faulty GPU GeForce 8600m GT. I would like to replace it with a good one, but I do not know which chipset is no technical defects and to be suitable for my hardware.

This is a faulty chipset G84-600-A2 installed in my MacBook.

There are three other chipsets matching the 8600m GT graphics:

G84-601-A2
G84-602-A2
G84-603-A2

Which one should I buy, and that will work?

Regards,
Tom

Posted 01/10/2013 05:35 PM   
I think you should consult this with Apple's tech support, because not all laptop have a replaceable GPU (ie. soldered)
I think you should consult this with Apple's tech support, because not all laptop have a replaceable GPU (ie. soldered)

Posted 01/10/2013 07:42 PM   
This is a very well published problem, both Nvidia and Apple know about it, Apple did have a replacement program for the 8600 chip - basically the whole logic board was replaced. BUT the program has ended in most country's you could try Apple but your MacBook Pro will be well out of any extended g/tee by now so if you can still find a working logicboard you will probably have to pay for the repair yourself. Dar.
This is a very well published problem, both Nvidia and Apple know about it, Apple did have a replacement program for the 8600 chip - basically the whole logic board was replaced. BUT the program has ended in most country's you could try Apple but your MacBook Pro will be well out of any extended g/tee by now so if you can still find a working logicboard you will probably have to pay for the repair yourself.

Dar.

Posted 01/10/2013 11:57 PM   
Thanks for your reply. I contacted Apple, but they demand exorbitant prices for replacement graphics card, and even more for the motherboard. They do not want to tell me what I should solder the chip. I can fix it myself, but I do not know which chip is suitable. Apparently all the chips work with the MacBook, but I do not know who is without flaws.
Thanks for your reply. I contacted Apple, but they demand exorbitant prices for replacement graphics card, and even more for the motherboard. They do not want to tell me what I should solder the chip. I can fix it myself, but I do not know which chip is suitable.
Apparently all the chips work with the MacBook, but I do not know who is without flaws.

Posted 01/11/2013 10:50 AM   
it require some experience to replace it by yourself, G84-601-A2 G84-602-A2 G84-603-A2 all is ok, but you must sure it is 128bit, (there is some 64bit in market,maybe it is not work good)
it require some experience to replace it by yourself,
G84-601-A2
G84-602-A2
G84-603-A2
all is ok, but you must sure it is 128bit, (there is some 64bit in market,maybe it is not work good)

Posted 03/29/2013 08:29 AM   
Scroll To Top