Might and Magic Heroes VI doesn't work any nvidia card/driver
Sry for this post but UBIsoft don't care about this problem.. many users can't play this game if have nvidia card (all series) Game is randomly crashing all the time ...only nvidia cards owners. Ubisoft not answer own tickets.. Pls support this problems if you have any idea.. The game is unplayabble in this way. Pls help US!! thx Chromi
Sry for this post but UBIsoft don't care about this problem..
many users can't play this game if have nvidia card (all series)

Game is randomly crashing all the time ...only nvidia cards owners.
Ubisoft not answer own tickets..
Pls support this problems if you have any idea..
The game is unplayabble in this way.
Pls help US!!
thx

Chromi

Posted 01/10/2013 04:57 PM   
I am also a customer of ubisoft heroes 6 and i too am unable to play this game and as i have a 610m nvidia card i can't use the 301.24 drivers that people have been saying make the game work. This problem has been going on for a long time and ubisoft hasn't with the information given to us hasn't even tried to fix the problem or just doesn't want to as they do not keep us informed. Once heroes 6 updated to 1.8 and installed the new town screen the game freezes on the town screen however its not a crash as the game still run the music plays in the background and you can still click but the town screen will not go away. This also occurs when you enter a battle the screen goes black but then doesn't fade away and it just leaves a black screen while music still plays in the background. From what people having been saying is that the 301.24 nvidia driver is the only version that the game works on however 610m doesn't support that driver. Pls nvidia help us support this problem. Thanks
I am also a customer of ubisoft heroes 6 and i too am unable to play this game and as i have a 610m nvidia card i can't use the 301.24 drivers that people have been saying make the game work. This problem has been going on for a long time and ubisoft hasn't with the information given to us hasn't even tried to fix the problem or just doesn't want to as they do not keep us informed.

Once heroes 6 updated to 1.8 and installed the new town screen the game freezes on the town screen however its not a crash as the game still run the music plays in the background and you can still click but the town screen will not go away. This also occurs when you enter a battle the screen goes black but then doesn't fade away and it just leaves a black screen while music still plays in the background.

From what people having been saying is that the 301.24 nvidia driver is the only version that the game works on however 610m doesn't support that driver.

Pls nvidia help us support this problem.

Thanks

Posted 01/11/2013 06:47 AM   
Have you tried using the latest 310.90 driver? I don't have Heroes to test with, but i did get freezes+black screen often when i was using 306.97 to 310.70 driver for my 610M, but after upgrading to 310.90 it is better now :) rarely freeze The freezing+black screen was due to TDR, for more info here [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389688/geforce-drivers/nvidia-statement-on-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/[/url] Owh btw, since we have the same GPU, could you test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 to see whether you get to see artifacts during loading screen, because my 610M keeps showing artifacts with every driver i tested (the weird thing is artifacts only visible during the 2nd Loading screen while the 3D scenes were okay) So i wonder if it was my GPU hardware issue or not (if other people 610M didn't get artifacts it's probably hardware issue, and i can request a replacement if it's) here is the link [url]http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/aliens_vs_predator_directx_11_benchmark_tool.html[/url]
Have you tried using the latest 310.90 driver?
I don't have Heroes to test with, but i did get freezes+black screen often when i was using 306.97 to 310.70 driver for my 610M, but after upgrading to 310.90 it is better now :) rarely freeze

The freezing+black screen was due to TDR, for more info here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389688/geforce-drivers/nvidia-statement-on-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/

Owh btw, since we have the same GPU, could you test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 to see whether you get to see artifacts during loading screen, because my 610M keeps showing artifacts with every driver i tested (the weird thing is artifacts only visible during the 2nd Loading screen while the 3D scenes were okay)

So i wonder if it was my GPU hardware issue or not (if other people 610M didn't get artifacts it's probably hardware issue, and i can request a replacement if it's) here is the link http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/aliens_vs_predator_directx_11_benchmark_tool.html

Posted 01/11/2013 04:16 PM   
[quote="AdamN"]Have you tried using the latest 310.90 driver? I don't have Heroes to test with, but i did get freezes+black screen often when i was using 306.97 to 310.70 driver for my 610M, but after upgrading to 310.90 it is better now :) rarely freeze T[b]he freezing+black screen was due to TDR, for more info here [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389688/geforce-drivers/nvidia-statement-on-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/[/url] Owh btw, since we have the same GPU, could you test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 to see whether you get to see artifacts during loading screen, because my 610M keeps showing artifacts with every driver i tested (the weird thing is artifacts only visible during the 2nd Loading screen while the 3D scenes were okay) So i wonder if it was my GPU hardware issue or not (if other people 610M didn't get artifacts it's probably hardware issue, and i can request a replacement if it's) here is the link [url]http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/aliens_vs_predator_directx_11_benchmark_tool.html[/url][/quote][/b] Operating System: Windows 7 x86 (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti 1024 Mb Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz) Game ver1.8 (Steam) also Freeze screen on battle or city. Nvidia drivers 310.90: [b]Still have freezes[/b] I am tryed test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 and it is work good on my system.
AdamN said:Have you tried using the latest 310.90 driver?
I don't have Heroes to test with, but i did get freezes+black screen often when i was using 306.97 to 310.70 driver for my 610M, but after upgrading to 310.90 it is better now :) rarely freeze

The freezing+black screen was due to TDR, for more info here https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/389688/geforce-drivers/nvidia-statement-on-tdr-errors-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-/

Owh btw, since we have the same GPU, could you test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 to see whether you get to see artifacts during loading screen, because my 610M keeps showing artifacts with every driver i tested (the weird thing is artifacts only visible during the 2nd Loading screen while the 3D scenes were okay)

So i wonder if it was my GPU hardware issue or not (if other people 610M didn't get artifacts it's probably hardware issue, and i can request a replacement if it's) here is the link http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/aliens_vs_predator_directx_11_benchmark_tool.html

Operating System: Windows 7 x86 (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650Ti 1024 Mb
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Game ver1.8 (Steam) also Freeze screen on battle or city.
Nvidia drivers 310.90:

Still have freezes

I am tryed test Aliens vs Predator D3D11 Benchmark v1.03 and it is work good on my system.

Posted 01/11/2013 07:53 PM   
Hi, thanks for testing AvP, but i was hoping for [b]NightSword6283[/b] to test AvP since both of us have the same GPU (610M) :D Most of the time TDR are caused by power supply not providing sufficient power to the GPU, you should also check your power supply, just in case it doesn't provide enough power as it suppose to be. There's also a case where TDR was affected by a slow HDD access, moving the game to a faster HDD might reduce the chance for TDR to occurs. There might also be background processes that causing slowing down to the display driver, since Vista and newer OS giving 2 seconds timeout for display driver to finish it works and respond (otherwise TDR will occur), having a slow overall performance will make the GPU unable to finish it works on time (slow I/O access will also affect overall performance) Btw, have you tried this solution here [url]http://www.downloadatoz.com/howto/fix-might-magic-heroes-vi-black-screen-graphics-and-does-not-respond-issues,28423.html[/url]
Hi, thanks for testing AvP, but i was hoping for NightSword6283 to test AvP since both of us have the same GPU (610M) :D

Most of the time TDR are caused by power supply not providing sufficient power to the GPU, you should also check your power supply, just in case it doesn't provide enough power as it suppose to be.

There's also a case where TDR was affected by a slow HDD access, moving the game to a faster HDD might reduce the chance for TDR to occurs.

There might also be background processes that causing slowing down to the display driver, since Vista and newer OS giving 2 seconds timeout for display driver to finish it works and respond (otherwise TDR will occur), having a slow overall performance will make the GPU unable to finish it works on time (slow I/O access will also affect overall performance)

Btw, have you tried this solution here http://www.downloadatoz.com/howto/fix-might-magic-heroes-vi-black-screen-graphics-and-does-not-respond-issues,28423.html

Posted 01/12/2013 05:36 AM   
Hello AdamN im currently downloading the AvP test and i will get back to you with once complete. Also i have downloaded the latest driver for my 610m and Heroes 6 still does the same thing it still freezes only difference was that it didn't do it as often however it still does it between 10 to 40 minutes of gameplay if im lucky.
Hello AdamN im currently downloading the AvP test and i will get back to you with once complete. Also i have downloaded the latest driver for my 610m and Heroes 6 still does the same thing it still freezes only difference was that it didn't do it as often however it still does it between 10 to 40 minutes of gameplay if im lucky.

Posted 01/12/2013 06:02 AM   
Hello AdamN i finished downloading AvP and tested it with the spec i have which is: Nvidia 610m 2Gb Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz 4GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System Everything runs fine to me i don't see any artifacts during the loading screen, it just seems to have bad frame rate which is expected as the 610m isn't the most powerful card i hope that helps.
Hello AdamN i finished downloading AvP and tested it with the spec i have which is:

Nvidia 610m 2Gb
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System

Everything runs fine to me i don't see any artifacts during the loading screen, it just seems to have bad frame rate which is expected as the 610m isn't the most powerful card i hope that helps.

Posted 01/12/2013 06:38 AM   
[quote="NightSword6283"]Hello AdamN i finished downloading AvP and tested it with the spec i have which is: Nvidia 610m 2Gb Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz 4GB Ram Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System Everything runs fine to me i don't see any artifacts during the loading screen, it just seems to have bad frame rate which is expected as the 610m isn't the most powerful card i hope that helps.[/quote] Hi, thanks for testing it, i had a bad feeling that my 610M had a bad video memory chips :( Driver 310.90 might not be perfect but at least it's better than 310.70 :) My 610M came with 29x.x driver from Lenovo, and it was stable (even better than 310.90 in stability i think), i don't know how that driver can be compatible with my 610M while officially 600 series support available since 3xx.x driver It seems that Heroes 6 unable to handle TDR very well if it can't restore the graphics back to normal after GPU reset. I would like to test Heroes 6 but even the demo version size is 4gb :( and i have a slow internet The only UbiSoft game i have is FarCry3 and it works just fine with my 610M (Low setting)
NightSword6283 said:Hello AdamN i finished downloading AvP and tested it with the spec i have which is:

Nvidia 610m 2Gb
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
4GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Operating System

Everything runs fine to me i don't see any artifacts during the loading screen, it just seems to have bad frame rate which is expected as the 610m isn't the most powerful card i hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for testing it, i had a bad feeling that my 610M had a bad video memory chips :(

Driver 310.90 might not be perfect but at least it's better than 310.70 :)
My 610M came with 29x.x driver from Lenovo, and it was stable (even better than 310.90 in stability i think),
i don't know how that driver can be compatible with my 610M while officially 600 series support available since 3xx.x driver

It seems that Heroes 6 unable to handle TDR very well if it can't restore the graphics back to normal after GPU reset.

I would like to test Heroes 6 but even the demo version size is 4gb :( and i have a slow internet
The only UbiSoft game i have is FarCry3 and it works just fine with my 610M (Low setting)

Posted 01/12/2013 07:47 AM   
I am having the whole crashing problem with this game too, currently using up to date drivers
I am having the whole crashing problem with this game too, currently using up to date drivers

Posted 02/05/2013 05:38 PM   
Same problem, Nvidia card and intel processor...ubisoft is such a fail...a game breaking bug that is present in the game for months still not fixed :/ Btw. the solutions posted here are worthless, thanks for the try, but still they are worthless. The only hope I have is that Nvidia dudes work closely with those id**** who made the game.
Same problem, Nvidia card and intel processor...ubisoft is such a fail...a game breaking bug that is present in the game for months still not fixed :/

Btw. the solutions posted here are worthless, thanks for the try, but still they are worthless.

The only hope I have is that Nvidia dudes work closely with those id**** who made the game.

Posted 03/05/2013 07:35 PM   
I have just bought the game. Fresh laptop, also brand new DELL running a 2GB 650M This game updated to 1.80 on install and crashes when I open a city screen. Exactely as described above, music playing, clicking mouse maked the right noises but no actual interaction with the game. I am running windows 8 Did a fix ever appear as this pretty much makes the game unplayable?
I have just bought the game. Fresh laptop, also brand new DELL running a 2GB 650M

This game updated to 1.80 on install and crashes when I open a city screen.

Exactely as described above, music playing, clicking mouse maked the right noises but no actual interaction with the game.

I am running windows 8

Did a fix ever appear as this pretty much makes the game unplayable?

Posted 07/03/2013 08:50 AM   
Okay, a long search online finds a work around which after 2 hours of play appears to solve this: 1) Run the Game 2) CTRL+ALT+DEL 3) Select Task Manager 4) Click on Heroes of Might and Magic Game (Click show all if it is not visible) 5) Select the "Go to details" Tab (Windows 8) 6) Select priority - High 7) Set Affinity and UNTICK CPU0 Works fine now it would seem
Okay, a long search online finds a work around which after 2 hours of play appears to solve this:

1) Run the Game
2) CTRL+ALT+DEL
3) Select Task Manager
4) Click on Heroes of Might and Magic Game (Click show all if it is not visible)
5) Select the "Go to details" Tab (Windows 8)
6) Select priority - High
7) Set Affinity and UNTICK CPU0

Works fine now it would seem

Posted 07/03/2013 05:52 PM   
Zanziba, that suggestion seemed to get me passed a combat screen that just wouldn't load (black) but I couple of battles latter the game would hang. GeForce GT640 w/GeForce Driver 320.49
Zanziba, that suggestion seemed to get me passed a combat screen that just wouldn't load (black) but I couple of battles latter the game would hang. GeForce GT640 w/GeForce Driver 320.49

Posted 08/04/2013 07:53 PM   
Scroll To Top