You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU
Hello all, I just upgraded from my windows xp sp2 x86 to an windows 7 ultimate 64 bits. My hardware specs are: Fujitsu siemens esprimo P5730 core 2 duo E8400 My video card is an EVGA geforce gt610 1Gb. on my new setup after installing nvidia driver 310.90 whql i get the following error: You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU. My tv screen is connected via hdmi cable to my video card. I did some searching on the web but i get no resolution on how to fix it. I have tried installing older drivers with no luck, just installing the graphic driver only with no other other modules and still no luck. Also tried to unlock the installation file in its properties and then running it as administrator with no luck. Please advise.
Hello all,

I just upgraded from my windows xp sp2 x86 to an windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.
My hardware specs are:
Fujitsu siemens esprimo P5730 core 2 duo E8400

My video card is an EVGA geforce gt610 1Gb.
on my new setup after installing nvidia driver 310.90 whql i get the following error: You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU.

My tv screen is connected via hdmi cable to my video card.

I did some searching on the web but i get no resolution on how to fix it.
I have tried installing older drivers with no luck, just installing the graphic driver only with no other other modules and still no luck.
Also tried to unlock the installation file in its properties and then running it as administrator with no luck.

Please advise.

Posted 01/08/2013 11:58 AM   
I am having the same issue. I have looked everywhere and tried everything I could think and nothing has solved the problem. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!
I am having the same issue. I have looked everywhere and tried everything I could think and nothing has solved the problem. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Posted 01/08/2013 04:32 PM   
I just installed Windows vista 64bits and have also the same result giving me the same error: You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU. I am running out of ideas here. on my 32bits system the card works just fine. Please advise.
I just installed Windows vista 64bits and have also the same result giving me the same error:
You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU.

I am running out of ideas here. on my 32bits system the card works just fine.

Please advise.

Posted 01/08/2013 07:22 PM   
[quote="Echelon1"]on my 32bits system the card works just fine.[/quote] And just the other day some guy tried to argue with me about this, again... Stay with 32-bit Windows. There are more disadvantages to 64-bit Windows than there are advantages.
Echelon1 said:on my 32bits system the card works just fine.

And just the other day some guy tried to argue with me about this, again... Stay with 32-bit Windows. There are more disadvantages to 64-bit Windows than there are advantages.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 01/08/2013 08:23 PM   
The 64 bits installations can work with more RAM. The 32 bits can also do this but then you have to fiddle with the PAE settings of windows. And not all games/ drivers can work with the software mod of windows PAE. But i am kinda upset about that no official statement from on of the Gforce/ Nvidia guys has been made as allot of people have this issue.
The 64 bits installations can work with more RAM.
The 32 bits can also do this but then you have to fiddle with the PAE settings of windows.

And not all games/ drivers can work with the software mod of windows PAE.

But i am kinda upset about that no official statement from on of the Gforce/ Nvidia guys has been made as allot of people have this issue.

Posted 01/09/2013 01:31 PM   
I have this issue also . Tried clean install,uninstalling in safe mode. Had to go back to 310.70. Has anyone found a fix or will we have to wait for a beta?
I have this issue also . Tried clean install,uninstalling in safe mode. Had to go back to 310.70. Has anyone found a fix or will we have to wait for a beta?

3way 680 sli 3930k @4.25ghz, liquid cooled, asus rampage 4 x79 , Samsung 512 ssd, win7-64 ultimate, half x ,32 gig quad channel memory 1666mgz, 1200ax psu, x-fi Fatal1ty, lg dual layer dvd burner, pioneer quad layer blue ray burner, 2 tb hd ,1.5 tb hd 52"Samsung lcd .

Posted 01/09/2013 06:16 PM   
This will help a bit: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/527036/geforce-drivers/310-90-will-not-load-with-gtx-690/

MSI Z77A-GD65 - I7-3770K - CORSAIR 16GB1600Mhz - ASUS N690GTX 4096MB - X-Fi Titanium - CORSAIR SSD 240GB FORCE GT - CORSAIR AX850 PRO - Win 7 Ultimate 64 BIT

Posted 01/09/2013 07:07 PM   
Thnx it certanly did help a bit as Nvidia is trying to solve this. But the thread gives no solution but you can add an post if you are affected by this.
Thnx it certanly did help a bit as Nvidia is trying to solve this.
But the thread gives no solution but you can add an post if you are affected by this.

Posted 01/10/2013 09:39 AM   
I probably should be a little clearer on the issue I am having. I have been using driver 310.70 ever since it came out with no issues. I updated to 310.90, clean install, and every time I turn my pc on from a cold boot screen resolution goes to standard vga and I get the pop up message on desktop "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU". I then do a clean install of 310.70 and everything work well again. Has anyone herd if ManuelG is going to release a hot fix? Alot of people are having this issue!
I probably should be a little clearer on the issue I am having. I have been using driver 310.70 ever since it came out with no issues. I updated to 310.90, clean install, and every time I turn my pc on from a cold boot screen resolution goes to standard vga and I get the pop up message on desktop
"You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU". I then do a clean install of 310.70 and everything work well again.
Has anyone herd if ManuelG is going to release a hot fix?
Alot of people are having this issue!

3way 680 sli 3930k @4.25ghz, liquid cooled, asus rampage 4 x79 , Samsung 512 ssd, win7-64 ultimate, half x ,32 gig quad channel memory 1666mgz, 1200ax psu, x-fi Fatal1ty, lg dual layer dvd burner, pioneer quad layer blue ray burner, 2 tb hd ,1.5 tb hd 52"Samsung lcd .

Posted 01/10/2013 04:58 PM   
I have the same problem too!! UGH! I finally installed the latest version, and BOOM! this stupid error comes along! Has there any been updates lately??
I have the same problem too!!
UGH!
I finally installed the latest version, and BOOM!
this stupid error comes along!

Has there any been updates lately??

Posted 03/14/2013 08:15 PM   
Just update your BIOS, it's working for me :)
Just update your BIOS, it's working for me :)

Posted 09/23/2013 05:48 PM   
Scroll To Top