NVIDIA PhysX System Software failed installation
Greetings, I just downloaded a game and it gave me an error. So it redirects me to the NVIDIA physx system software page and so I thought I might just update it. It redirects me to: [url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-driver.html[/url] However after I downloaded and installed the latest one, PhysX-9.10.1031 in particular, it gave me an error during the installation. The error was: "The feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PhysX.msi' in the box below. Use souce: C:NetgameRise of Dragonian Era" [img]http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3692/nvidiaphysxproblem.png[/img] I have no choice but to click on cancel. So I thought I will just download PhysX.msi and browse them but it says that it is an invalid package. So I was thinking of uninstalling it and install an older version of it but it gave me the same error regarding the PhysX.msi during removing it. Any ideas? and by the way my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB. Thanks in advance.
Greetings,
I just downloaded a game and it gave me an error. So it redirects me to the NVIDIA physx system software page and so I thought I might just update it.

It redirects me to:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.1031-driver.html

However after I downloaded and installed the latest one, PhysX-9.10.1031 in particular, it gave me an error during the installation. The error was:

"The feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'PhysX.msi' in the box below.

Use souce:
C:NetgameRise of Dragonian Era"

I have no choice but to click on cancel. So I thought I will just download PhysX.msi and browse them but it says that it is an invalid package. So I was thinking of uninstalling it and install an older version of it but it gave me the same error regarding the PhysX.msi during removing it.

Any ideas? and by the way my GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB.
Thanks in advance.

Posted 12/29/2012 12:08 PM   
This error is caused by invalid registry entries pointing to a missing "PhysX.msi" package. Search the registry and rename the culprit keys until the installer no longer fails. Another option might be to reinstall that game so the file is no longer missing, then uninstall/upgrade PhysX.
This error is caused by invalid registry entries pointing to a missing "PhysX.msi" package. Search the registry and rename the culprit keys until the installer no longer fails.

Another option might be to reinstall that game so the file is no longer missing, then uninstall/upgrade PhysX.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 12/29/2012 05:39 PM   
thanks nvtweakman! I searched for "Rise of Dragonian Era" on the registry editor and delete all the bits and pieces and ultimately, installation goes smooth!
thanks nvtweakman! I searched for "Rise of Dragonian Era" on the registry editor and delete all the bits and pieces and ultimately, installation goes smooth!

Posted 01/02/2013 02:08 PM   
Glad it helped :) I recommend in the future however that you rename registry keys instead of deleting them. Deleting registry keys can get you into big trouble further down the line, forcing you to reinstall Windows. A trick I use is to add the text _REMOVE so I can find them later if need be. It's enough to solve the problem while also keeping a backup of sorts.
Glad it helped :)

I recommend in the future however that you rename registry keys instead of deleting them. Deleting registry keys can get you into big trouble further down the line, forcing you to reinstall Windows. A trick I use is to add the text _REMOVE so I can find them later if need be. It's enough to solve the problem while also keeping a backup of sorts.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 01/02/2013 08:05 PM   
Scroll To Top