Team Fortress 2 in 3D
I recently emailed Nvidia and they said they have no plans to make 3D vision work with team fortress 2. which is a shame because i have tried the game with other 3D products and its amazing even if its just in anaglyph it would still look real good due to team fortress 2's art style. would'nt it be easier to make 3d vision work with a game that's nearly 7 years old!? rather than more up to date releases
I recently emailed Nvidia and they said they have no plans to make 3D vision work with team fortress 2.
which is a shame because i have tried the game with other 3D products and its amazing even if its just in anaglyph it would still look real good due to team fortress 2's art style.

would'nt it be easier to make 3d vision work with a game that's nearly 7 years old!?
rather than more up to date releases

Posted 12/20/2012 04:50 PM   
I've mostly seen problems in TF2 related to water shaders. Being an online game it would be good if Valve actually could fix them. Last time I checked Nvidia had done work in the TF2 source engine making the actual crosshair appear at the right depth when enabling the nvidia crosshair. At first I thought Valve had fixed the crosshair in some of their games but not others but it seems like it's Nvidia doing advanced crosshair adjustment. Please note that I havn't tried TF2 in 3D Vision recently.
I've mostly seen problems in TF2 related to water shaders.

Being an online game it would be good if Valve actually could fix them.

Last time I checked Nvidia had done work in the TF2 source engine making the actual crosshair appear
at the right depth when enabling the nvidia crosshair.

At first I thought Valve had fixed the crosshair in some of their games but not others but
it seems like it's Nvidia doing advanced crosshair adjustment.

Please note that I havn't tried TF2 in 3D Vision recently.

Posted 12/20/2012 07:08 PM   
TF2 works just fine in 3d for me...
TF2 works just fine in 3d for me...

AsRock X58 Extreme6 mobo
Intel Core-i7 950 @ 4ghz
6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 2000
DUAL EVGA Geforce GTX 570's SLI
Corsair TX 950w PSU
NZXT Phantom Red/Black Case
3d Vision 1 w/ Samsung 2233rz Monitor
3d Vision 2 w/ ASUS VG278HE Monitor

Posted 12/20/2012 08:42 PM   
Have you been by the water passage on 2fort?
Have you been by the water passage on 2fort?

Posted 12/20/2012 09:07 PM   
Rarely is a game perfect in 3D if its not a nvidia sponsored game. Water being messed up in TF2 where water is very limited is pretty minor. Game looks good in 3D.
Rarely is a game perfect in 3D if its not a nvidia sponsored game. Water being messed up in TF2 where water is very limited is pretty minor.

Game looks good in 3D.
Indeed, it is very good. I considered it perfect until I played 2fort with those long water corridors. On such a map you can just disable 3D Vision until mapchange.
Indeed, it is very good.

I considered it perfect until I played 2fort with those long water corridors.

On such a map you can just disable 3D Vision until mapchange.

Posted 12/21/2012 04:36 PM   
Scroll To Top