NVIDIA Installer failed
  8 / 9    
after installing the the latest geforce experience 1.8.1.0, things just went bad, cant open the program. it keeps on not responding.. help.. EVGA GTX 760 pci.e 3.0 gddr5
after installing the the latest geforce experience 1.8.1.0, things just went bad, cant open the program. it keeps on not responding.. help..

EVGA GTX 760 pci.e 3.0 gddr5

Posted 12/21/2013 12:05 AM   
Ah Nvidia, you old trolls. Updated to 1.8.1 (or rather it tried to) and now i get "Unable to connect to nvidia. Try again later" Not once has this software managed to update itself without failing. I know that nobody from Nvidia even reads these threads but venting here does at least help me to feel a bit better, get things off my chest so to speak :)
Ah Nvidia, you old trolls. Updated to 1.8.1 (or rather it tried to) and now i get "Unable to connect to nvidia. Try again later"

Not once has this software managed to update itself without failing. I know that nobody from Nvidia even reads these threads but venting here does at least help me to feel a bit better, get things off my chest so to speak :)

Posted 12/21/2013 11:50 AM   
What in the fucking Fuck Nvidia? One year later, #107 posts all with the same issue and no response other than gather and send logs? These graphic cards cost as much as smart phones and you have no feedback at all... ? No,comment/apology/recommendation/work-around or fix ... ?
What in the fucking Fuck Nvidia?
One year later, #107 posts all with the same issue and no response other than gather and send logs?

These graphic cards cost as much as smart phones and you have no feedback at all... ?
No,comment/apology/recommendation/work-around or fix ... ?

Posted 12/31/2013 03:11 AM   
Try this. Delete all Geforce related driver stuff including Experience and all that blah blah. Turn computer off. Turn it back on. Disable Windows firewall and the firewall AND antivirus protection on any antivirus software you may have installed. Run driver installer again, cross your fingers. Worked for me! :D
Try this. Delete all Geforce related driver stuff including Experience and all that blah blah. Turn computer off. Turn it back on. Disable Windows firewall and the firewall AND antivirus protection on any antivirus software you may have installed. Run driver installer again, cross your fingers. Worked for me! :D

Posted 01/09/2014 11:17 AM   
FINALLY. After several attempts of everything mentioned in this thread (originally tried to update 'working' drivers, it failed, then deleted all drivers and having all following attempts fail the driver installation) and having only basic VGA (32 True Colors) for several hours, my system came around (but, I'm not exactly sure which of the following worked). Basically everything I did is below (and, I'm not sure which ACTUALLY made it work): 1) Tried to "Uninstall" all Nvidia products using Windows uninstall (Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall, blah blah), but some wouldn't allow them to be uninstalled. 2) Delete everything I could find *nvidia* on my C: drive. 3) Went into all Users and gave them full permissions, and removed login passwords (I don't think the passwords had anything to do with it, but I wanted to try to be thorough) 4) Downloaded CCleaner (free from CNET) 5) Shut off Antivirus 6) Ran CCleaner (Cleaner and Registry, on the left hand side of the window, and repaired) 7) Re-ran the above step (CCleaner) about 4 times (or until nothing shows up in the 'results' window) 8) Shut down the computer (pick it up and throw it out the window) <== just kidding on that part 9) Complete your reboot and hope that windows does an Update (mine actually had 4 updates) 10) Once the computer rebooted, Windows was running my Display with its default drivers (I had very good graphics and could get 1920 x 1080 (before I was stuck in extremely crappy graphics) 11) I was suspicious, but fired up a "High Graphically Intense" Game and it ran fairly decently (I couldn't tell how degraded my video was, cause I didn't crank it up to "WHOOPY" settings, but it would have been easily playable around 30fps). 12) Created a "System Restore" point (believe it or not, I had never done this) 13) Put my big boy pants on and bravely decided to try to re-downloaded the latest Nvidia driver. (Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment) 14) And holy crap!!!! It worked. I hope something above works for you guys. I only had to deal with this for a few hours, but if I wouldn't have been able to game, I might have lost it!!! Good Luck!
FINALLY. After several attempts of everything mentioned in this thread (originally tried to update 'working' drivers, it failed, then deleted all drivers and having all following attempts fail the driver installation) and having only basic VGA (32 True Colors) for several hours, my system came around (but, I'm not exactly sure which of the following worked).

Basically everything I did is below (and, I'm not sure which ACTUALLY made it work):
1) Tried to "Uninstall" all Nvidia products using Windows uninstall (Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall, blah blah), but some wouldn't allow them to be uninstalled.
2) Delete everything I could find *nvidia* on my C: drive.
3) Went into all Users and gave them full permissions, and removed login passwords (I don't think the passwords had anything to do with it, but I wanted to try to be thorough)
4) Downloaded CCleaner (free from CNET)
5) Shut off Antivirus
6) Ran CCleaner (Cleaner and Registry, on the left hand side of the window, and repaired)
7) Re-ran the above step (CCleaner) about 4 times (or until nothing shows up in the 'results' window)
8) Shut down the computer (pick it up and throw it out the window) <== just kidding on that part
9) Complete your reboot and hope that windows does an Update (mine actually had 4 updates)
10) Once the computer rebooted, Windows was running my Display with its default drivers (I had very good graphics and could get 1920 x 1080 (before I was stuck in extremely crappy graphics)
11) I was suspicious, but fired up a "High Graphically Intense" Game and it ran fairly decently (I couldn't tell how degraded my video was, cause I didn't crank it up to "WHOOPY" settings, but it would have been easily playable around 30fps).
12) Created a "System Restore" point (believe it or not, I had never done this)
13) Put my big boy pants on and bravely decided to try to re-downloaded the latest Nvidia driver. (Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment)
14) And holy crap!!!! It worked.

I hope something above works for you guys. I only had to deal with this for a few hours, but if I wouldn't have been able to game, I might have lost it!!!

Good Luck!

Posted 01/15/2014 02:50 AM   
I tried some of the different ways mentioned here. These are the steps I did, but it was ultimately step 4 that made it work so it's possible the previous steps are unnececessary. 1. Click Windows + r, type "lusrmgr.msc", click users, and delete updatususer 2. Go to Computer>Disk Drive>Users and remove the updatususer (if it says it's in use, just restart your computer then remove this) 3. Go to control panel, Programs and Features, and uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (I kinda freaked out because the resolution went to 800x640, but after a restart and fixing the resolution, it became normal) 4. The thing that finally worked: Control Panel, Device Manager, click your GPU (might be under display adapters), make sure the status says "device is working properly", click the Driver tab, update driver. Now manually browse to the NVIDIA folder where you had installed the driver (probably in x:/NVIDIA). You don't have to click a specific version, just make sure the "include subfolder is checked" then click next. It should find the proper driver and install it within a few minutes. Ta-Da! That worked for me at least
I tried some of the different ways mentioned here. These are the steps I did, but it was ultimately step 4 that made it work so it's possible the previous steps are unnececessary.

1. Click Windows + r, type "lusrmgr.msc", click users, and delete updatususer
2. Go to Computer>Disk Drive>Users and remove the updatususer (if it says it's in use, just restart your computer then remove this)
3. Go to control panel, Programs and Features, and uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (I kinda freaked out because the resolution went to 800x640, but after a restart and fixing the resolution, it became normal)
4. The thing that finally worked: Control Panel, Device Manager, click your GPU (might be under display adapters), make sure the status says "device is working properly", click the Driver tab, update driver. Now manually browse to the NVIDIA folder where you had installed the driver (probably in x:/NVIDIA). You don't have to click a specific version, just make sure the "include subfolder is checked" then click next. It should find the proper driver and install it within a few minutes.

Ta-Da! That worked for me at least

Posted 01/28/2014 04:43 AM   
Duplicate post
Duplicate post

Posted 01/28/2014 04:44 AM   
Just wondering if there are any fixes to this problem? I'm trying to download the newest version and I get "Unable to connect to NVIDIA" 'Check your internet connection' error. Also GeForce Experience often won't open. Win7 SP1, 64 bit Cheers
Just wondering if there are any fixes to this problem? I'm trying to download the newest version and I get "Unable to connect to NVIDIA" 'Check your internet connection' error. Also GeForce Experience often won't open.

Win7 SP1, 64 bit

Cheers

Posted 05/31/2014 10:09 PM   
I have a quick fix that has worked for me I am running windows 8.1 64bit with a GTX 660 and I had replaced the files in the Nvidia corporation in the programs files folder and the program files(x86) folder with the ones on my my 64bit windows 7 and after I ran the updater and it loaded past the installer failed so whatever happened the installer itself had got corrupted let me know if this helps for any Operating System Make sure to make a copy of your own if this does not work for you Program Files ,Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7d5p2fhvtr3y8u/NVIDIA%20Corporation.zip 630mb Program Files(x86), Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yexpu6sglfldpg/NVIDIA%20Corporation%28x86%29.zip 40mb
I have a quick fix that has worked for me I am running windows 8.1 64bit with a GTX 660 and I had replaced the files in the Nvidia corporation in the programs files folder and the program files(x86) folder with the ones on my my 64bit windows 7 and after I ran the updater and it loaded past the installer failed so whatever happened the installer itself had got corrupted let me know if this helps for any Operating System Make sure to make a copy of your own if this does not work for you
Program Files ,Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7d5p2fhvtr3y8u/NVIDIA%20Corporation.zip

630mb
Program Files(x86), Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yexpu6sglfldpg/NVIDIA%20Corporation%28x86%29.zip 40mb

Posted 06/15/2014 04:19 PM   
Hello guys. Im having exactly the same problem. But it has been FIXED! Im not good about this but What I do is: 1. Uninstalling everything got to do with "NVIDIA". 2. Install driver sweeper. [url]http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/guru3d_driver_sweeper_(no_installer),7.html[/url] 3. Restart PC and run SAFE MODE (pressing F8) 4. Run driver sweeper. Choose NVIDIA. Clean and reboot. 5. Enter SAFE MODE AGAIN. Make sure everything regarding NVIDIA is GONE. eg "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation. etc etc. 6. Go to "C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\(choose your driver setup). Right click "run as admin" 7. Choose custom installation and tick "CLEAN INSTALL" 8. ALL GOOD! Goodluck :D
Hello guys. Im having exactly the same problem. But it has been FIXED! Im not good about this but What I do is:

1. Uninstalling everything got to do with "NVIDIA".
2. Install driver sweeper. http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/guru3d_driver_sweeper_(no_installer),7.html
3. Restart PC and run SAFE MODE (pressing F8)
4. Run driver sweeper. Choose NVIDIA. Clean and reboot.
5. Enter SAFE MODE AGAIN. Make sure everything regarding NVIDIA is GONE. eg "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation. etc etc.
6. Go to "C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\(choose your driver setup). Right click "run as admin"
7. Choose custom installation and tick "CLEAN INSTALL"
8. ALL GOOD!

Goodluck :D

Posted 06/19/2014 03:22 AM   
Has a proper solution been found? I have been spending at least 12 hours a day for a week trying to fix this problem, I have tried everything that other forums have posted and nothing has worked. The problem occurred after performing an update for the driver. A restore point is not an option because when I tried to go back to one the day the problem occurred there were only 3 restore points and all were after the problem occurred. -My Computer (Clevo P15EM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670MX, Windows 8.1, 64bit) -Currently running display with Intel HD Graphics 4000 -I've tried installing the original drivers for the card. (Install with clean install) -I've tried installing the newest, and pretty much every driver I could find for my card. (again with clean install) -I have delete Updatususer. -I uninstalled my Antivirus temporarily and tried to install the drivers. -I always run as Administrator when installing. -I've tried uninstalling all NVIDIA drivers with DDU, then installing with Geforce Experience, downloaded drivers and the original driver. -I've tried doing this all in safe mode. The card does not show up in the device manager but does in the BIOS. After running Geforce Experience, an unknown device turned up in the device manager under "Other Devices\ Display" so I tried updating it with the drivers and messed around with it until it came up with: "Windows encounter a problem installing the driver software for your device." "Windows found driver software for your device but encounter an error while attempting to install it." "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670MX" If you know the manufacturer of the device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software." -I tried going to the website but couldn't find anything but drivers -I tried the drivers but they didn't work. It randomly showed up in device manger under "Display" as a Standard VGA Controller or something but went back to "Other Devices/Display" some time after. I ended up taking my laptop apart, pulling the NVIDIA Card out, putting the laptop back together and turned in on. The fan started running really fast and the laptop started beeping continuously with around 1 sec intervals. The computer was low on battery at the time (I had beeping at low battery disabled) and the computer turned itself off after I went to the desktop. Please help! I feel as if I have no other option than to take it in to get it fixed which will probably involve having to wipe everything and starting again.
Has a proper solution been found? I have been spending at least 12 hours a day for a week trying to fix this problem, I have tried everything that other forums have posted and nothing has worked. The problem occurred after performing an update for the driver. A restore point is not an option because when I tried to go back to one the day the problem occurred there were only 3 restore points and all were after the problem occurred.

-My Computer (Clevo P15EM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670MX, Windows 8.1, 64bit)
-Currently running display with Intel HD Graphics 4000
-I've tried installing the original drivers for the card. (Install with clean install)
-I've tried installing the newest, and pretty much every driver I could find for my card. (again with clean install)
-I have delete Updatususer.
-I uninstalled my Antivirus temporarily and tried to install the drivers.
-I always run as Administrator when installing.
-I've tried uninstalling all NVIDIA drivers with DDU, then installing with Geforce Experience, downloaded drivers and the original driver.
-I've tried doing this all in safe mode.

The card does not show up in the device manager but does in the BIOS.
After running Geforce Experience, an unknown device turned up in the device manager under "Other Devices\ Display" so I tried updating it with the drivers and messed around with it until it came up with:
"Windows encounter a problem installing the driver software for your device."
"Windows found driver software for your device but encounter an error while attempting to install it."
"NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670MX"
If you know the manufacturer of the device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."
-I tried going to the website but couldn't find anything but drivers
-I tried the drivers but they didn't work.
It randomly showed up in device manger under "Display" as a Standard VGA Controller or something but went back to "Other Devices/Display" some time after.

I ended up taking my laptop apart, pulling the NVIDIA Card out, putting the laptop back together and turned in on. The fan started running really fast and the laptop started beeping continuously with around 1 sec intervals. The computer was low on battery at the time (I had beeping at low battery disabled) and the computer turned itself off after I went to the desktop.

Please help! I feel as if I have no other option than to take it in to get it fixed which will probably involve having to wipe everything and starting again.

Posted 10/11/2014 12:39 PM   
Sorry I forgot to say that I put the graphics card back in and the computer ran normally but was still running the Intel HD Graphics.
Sorry I forgot to say that I put the graphics card back in and the computer ran normally but was still running the Intel HD Graphics.

Posted 10/12/2014 03:06 AM   
Hello to all of you folks out there; So in my case, everything that you all report happened as well, tried out every selection proposed here and none worked, but after 6 hours of trying out every suggestion, I used DDU, permission alteration, ownership claiming, etc., every single option but with no avail; The last thing I tried was to delete a folder named Nvidia corporation in the c:\programdata folder, but this 1 was tricky, since windows said I had no permission to delete them, so I had to do it manualy and add my user account permissions to it, file by file (do to this, see how to claim ownership of your files on google), in the end, I think this folder and files where the cause for everything; So I can now install everything "Except the Nvidia experience app", but its pretty much useless so wont find the cause for it, maybe a side effect or what ever, all I know is that my mood is now very good, running thins smoth now. Regards
Hello to all of you folks out there;

So in my case, everything that you all report happened as well, tried out every selection proposed here and none worked, but after 6 hours of trying out every suggestion, I used DDU, permission alteration, ownership claiming, etc., every single option but with no avail;

The last thing I tried was to delete a folder named Nvidia corporation in the c:\programdata folder, but this 1 was tricky, since windows said I had no permission to delete them, so I had to do it manualy and add my user account permissions to it, file by file (do to this, see how to claim ownership of your files on google), in the end, I think this folder and files where the cause for everything;

So I can now install everything "Except the Nvidia experience app", but its pretty much useless so wont find the cause for it, maybe a side effect or what ever, all I know is that my mood is now very good, running thins smoth now.

Regards

Posted 10/15/2014 01:26 PM   
Thanks very much for the response, I'll try it out :)
Thanks very much for the response, I'll try it out :)

Posted 10/16/2014 06:50 AM   
Thankyou So Much!!! You are the best! It worked perfectly, I'm so happy and so relieved that everything is working again. Really, I cannot thankyou enough :) :) :)
Thankyou So Much!!! You are the best! It worked perfectly, I'm so happy and so relieved that everything is working again. Really, I cannot thankyou enough :) :) :)

Posted 10/16/2014 07:26 AM   
  8 / 9    
Scroll To Top