Is the target framerate 60 fps?
I'm kind of curious as to how the program determines the 'optimal' settings. I'm slightly hesitant to begin changing settings, since I'm currently running a 120Hz monitor, and would love to actually get at least 70+ fps.
I'm kind of curious as to how the program determines the 'optimal' settings. I'm slightly hesitant to begin changing settings, since I'm currently running a 120Hz monitor, and would love to actually get at least 70+ fps.

Posted 12/06/2012 11:27 PM   
I think it would be cool if you could set the frame rate zone you want to shoot for.
I think it would be cool if you could set the frame rate zone you want to shoot for.

Posted 12/07/2012 12:17 AM   
The target FPS is to get an of 40 FPS which makes the game at least playable :)
The target FPS is to get an of 40 FPS which makes the game at least playable :)

Posted 12/11/2012 06:24 AM   
Hello, GFE will optimize game settings based on your actual hardware configuration. NVIDIA Performance Labs runs extensive game testing based on various combinations of GPU, CPU, monitor resolutions, and stores this information in the NVIDIA GFE cloud. The GFE client connects to the GFE Cloud and downloads optimized game settings tailored specifically to your PC. The quality and frame rate target has already been decided upon for your system. So yes in short the target frame rate is 40 to 60FPS.
Hello, GFE will optimize game settings based on your actual hardware configuration. NVIDIA Performance Labs runs extensive game testing based on various combinations of GPU, CPU, monitor resolutions, and stores this information in the NVIDIA GFE cloud. The GFE client connects to the GFE Cloud and downloads optimized game settings tailored specifically to your PC. The quality and frame rate target has already been decided upon for your system.

So yes in short the target frame rate is 40 to 60FPS.

GeForce Experience Support
GFE FAQ http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience/faq

Posted 12/11/2012 07:39 PM   
What Kind of stupid nonsense is that? it ain't workin shit man I don't want the GPU to toss out 180fps or more if I have my Monitor set to 60 which is plenty enough. needs unnecessary power and makes the rig get way too loud for no reason. I got an other Rig at my other place with AMD graphics in it, and there I, please note that I can actually do that, can set the target FPS simply using the integrated Software from AMD, and that along with all sorts of shenanigans they let you do. My greatest regret to this day is that I ever bought a Nvidia Graphics Card. Software is boogus, it's way too pricey and it really ain't worth the Money considering you are being treated like a buffoon. well, I payed 800$ for a graphics Card, maybe I actually am a buffoon.
What Kind of stupid nonsense is that?
it ain't workin shit man
I don't want the GPU to toss out 180fps or more if I have my Monitor set to 60 which is plenty enough.
needs unnecessary power and makes the rig get way too loud for no reason.

I got an other Rig at my other place with AMD graphics in it, and there I, please note that I can actually do that, can set the target FPS simply using the integrated Software from AMD, and that along with all sorts of shenanigans they let you do.

My greatest regret to this day is that I ever bought a Nvidia Graphics Card.
Software is boogus, it's way too pricey and it really ain't worth the Money considering you are being treated like a buffoon.
well, I payed 800$ for a graphics Card, maybe I actually am a buffoon.

Posted 07/09/2017 03:22 PM   
[quote="Nathan_West"]What Kind of stupid nonsense is that? it ain't workin shit man I don't want the GPU to toss out 180fps or more if I have my Monitor set to 60 which is plenty enough. needs unnecessary power and makes the rig get way too loud for no reason. I got an other Rig at my other place with AMD graphics in it, and there I, please note that I can actually do that, can set the target FPS simply using the integrated Software from AMD, and that along with all sorts of shenanigans they let you do. My greatest regret to this day is that I ever bought a Nvidia Graphics Card. Software is boogus, it's way too pricey and it really ain't worth the Money considering you are being treated like a buffoon. well, I payed 800$ for a graphics Card, maybe I actually am a buffoon.[/quote] It's not "for no reason at all" - yes, you can't SEE a difference over your monitor's refresh rate, but the higher your framerate goes, the lower your frametimes which is ALWAYS better lower NO MATTER WHAT. Results in very, very responsive controls.
Nathan_West said:What Kind of stupid nonsense is that?
it ain't workin shit man
I don't want the GPU to toss out 180fps or more if I have my Monitor set to 60 which is plenty enough.
needs unnecessary power and makes the rig get way too loud for no reason.

I got an other Rig at my other place with AMD graphics in it, and there I, please note that I can actually do that, can set the target FPS simply using the integrated Software from AMD, and that along with all sorts of shenanigans they let you do.

My greatest regret to this day is that I ever bought a Nvidia Graphics Card.
Software is boogus, it's way too pricey and it really ain't worth the Money considering you are being treated like a buffoon.
well, I payed 800$ for a graphics Card, maybe I actually am a buffoon.

It's not "for no reason at all" - yes, you can't SEE a difference over your monitor's refresh rate, but the higher your framerate goes, the lower your frametimes which is ALWAYS better lower NO MATTER WHAT. Results in very, very responsive controls.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1050Ti | RAM: 8GB 1600MHz Crucial | MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 | WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 07/09/2017 07:59 PM   
Scroll To Top