Nvidia Kernel Mode Driver has stopped responding and has recovered issue
  1 / 7    
Hi, First off, If this thread has a certain place in the forums, please state so. Also If you have any solutions, please state explicit instructions or direction to them. I am having a problem where if I use my graphics extensively, playing video, music, or any other graphics intensive activity, my computer will, more often than not, black screen for about 3-8 minutes and then come back. A system message pops up saying: [b]Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, (whatever driver version I have) has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.[/b] At this point all programs I have open that use some portion of my graphics card are crashed and nonresponsive causing me to terminate them with the task manager. This is really starting to frustrate me. Now I have researched this crash and found it a recently common crash. I have found that it has been happening to a lot of different nvidia drivers. I at one time found a revert method for taking the drivers back to a version before the crash started occurring, but I forgot what it was. If there are any other fixes, they are welcome. I update my drivers every two weeks give or take and the problem hasn't fixed itself obviously. Pertinent Information (I think): NVIDIA Quadro NVS 130M Driver Version 307.45 (latest as of this date) Windows 7 Thank you.
Hi,

First off, If this thread has a certain place in the forums, please state so. Also If you have any solutions, please state explicit instructions or direction to them.

I am having a problem where if I use my graphics extensively, playing video, music, or any other graphics intensive activity, my computer will, more often than not, black screen for about 3-8 minutes and then come back. A system message pops up saying:

Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, (whatever driver version I have) has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

At this point all programs I have open that use some portion of my graphics card are crashed and nonresponsive causing me to terminate them with the task manager. This is really starting to frustrate me.

Now I have researched this crash and found it a recently common crash. I have found that it has been happening to a lot of different nvidia drivers. I at one time found a revert method for taking the drivers back to a version before the crash started occurring, but I forgot what it was. If there are any other fixes, they are welcome. I update my drivers every two weeks give or take and the problem hasn't fixed itself obviously.

Pertinent Information (I think):
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 130M
Driver Version 307.45 (latest as of this date)
Windows 7

Thank you.

Posted 11/28/2012 03:17 PM   
Read this: [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524461/geforce-drivers/some-bad-issues-with-newer-driver-for-gtx-580/[/url]
go into Task manager and see if you have multiple Nvidia HD audio devices and check if u have a Realtek set to location 0 and one of the nvidia's set to 0 if so disable the Nvidia one that is set in location 0, this fixed my Graphics card issue
go into Task manager and see if you have multiple Nvidia HD audio devices and check if u have a Realtek set to location 0 and one of the nvidia's set to 0 if so disable the Nvidia one that is set in location 0, this fixed my Graphics card issue

Posted 11/30/2012 05:03 AM   
I have the same problem, what do you mean "set to location 0"?
I have the same problem, what do you mean "set to location 0"?

Posted 02/09/2013 07:55 PM   
I am having the same problems with my arma 2. My arma would freeze and then the nvidia driver would say the same thing suprstealthy's said. I have a gtx 650 with the newest driver. And pocstar could you be more specific?
I am having the same problems with my arma 2. My arma would freeze and then the nvidia driver would say the same thing suprstealthy's said. I have a gtx 650 with the newest driver. And pocstar could you be more specific?

Posted 02/12/2013 02:18 AM   
I have literally tried every single fix I can find for this. Which has resulted in me having to replace this card (GEForce 660ti) twice, at my own expense. Reinstall windows at least 5 times if not more (with and without SP1) and search for countless hours on even more fixes for this problem. I have Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz RAM: 8 GB OS: Windows 7 Home Edition (Currently SP1) 64-bit Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Monitors: Dell 1707 FPV (Digital) Dell E2311H_Digital The Kernel Problem on reboot results in the error: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: d1 BCP1: 000000000020000C BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000000 BCP4: FFFFF88004CC68DD OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\022413-12230-01.dmp C:\Users\Kendra\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16879-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt And, surprise surprise, cannot load either "Files that help describe the problem" I have Messed with my registry (To the point that I had to do a full reboot/restore on my computer and lost nearly every piece of saved thing I had for 2 years), Tried archived video drivers (Until I couldn't even remember what I've used and what is just cluttering my HD), Switching my Processor, Switching my motherboard, Changing Video cards (Used to have 550ti, now have 660ti (and it's my 3rd one))... Seriously. Can someone just tell me a very super extremely simplified, click here and type that, fix. Anyone. I don't care why it's happening. I don't care what is causing it to happen. I don't care how it got onto my computer.
I have literally tried every single fix I can find for this. Which has resulted in me having to replace this card (GEForce 660ti) twice, at my own expense. Reinstall windows at least 5 times if not more (with and without SP1) and search for countless hours on even more fixes for this problem.

I have
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Monitors: Dell 1707 FPV (Digital)
Dell E2311H_Digital

The Kernel Problem on reboot results in the error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 000000000020000C
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88004CC68DD
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022413-12230-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kendra\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16879-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

And, surprise surprise, cannot load either "Files that help describe the problem"

I have Messed with my registry (To the point that I had to do a full reboot/restore on my computer and lost nearly every piece of saved thing I had for 2 years), Tried archived video drivers (Until I couldn't even remember what I've used and what is just cluttering my HD), Switching my Processor, Switching my motherboard, Changing Video cards (Used to have 550ti, now have 660ti (and it's my 3rd one))...

Seriously. Can someone just tell me a very super extremely simplified, click here and type that, fix.

Anyone.

I don't care why it's happening.
I don't care what is causing it to happen.
I don't care how it got onto my computer.

Posted 02/24/2013 01:10 PM   
[quote="Kernel_BS"]I have literally tried every single fix I can find for this. Switching my Processor, Switching my motherboard, Changing Video cards ...[/quote] Power supply? RAM?
Kernel_BS said:I have literally tried every single fix I can find for this.

Switching my Processor, Switching my motherboard, Changing Video cards ...

Power supply? RAM?

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 02/24/2013 03:47 PM   
The Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, has stopped responding and has successfully recovered is an issue that I got today that I never had with my GtX 690 before. It happened only once. But my guess is, there is something maybe going on with this driver as there are many report on this forum and others of this issue. At least I'm not too impacted with it.
The Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, has stopped responding and has successfully recovered is an issue that I got today that I never had with my GtX 690 before. It happened only once. But my guess is, there is something maybe going on with this driver as there are many report on this forum and others of this issue.
At least I'm not too impacted with it.

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: Maximus Gene V (Bios 1903)
-CPU: I7-3770K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: 16GB corsair (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)
-GPU : EVGA nVidia GTX 690 (Stock clock)(bios : 80.04.1E.00.F1) and (80.04.1E.00.F0) (UEFI)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series (240GB) + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-Antivirus : Norton Antivirus 2014
-NVCP: All default Except changed adaptive to Prefer max performance.

Posted 02/24/2013 08:38 PM   
314.07...roll it on out of there back to 310.90. (Same problem; immediately resolved)
314.07...roll it on out of there back to 310.90. (Same problem; immediately resolved)

2500k @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.28v peak (variable; all power-saving features on)
Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
8GB G-Skill 1333 (stock-clocked)
TP-750 Blue ("new")
Vertex 3 60GB (and WD10EADS for storage)
NZXT Guardian 921RB-BL with 2-meter blue LED set, NZXT 2000RPM 140mm (top), and Scythe Slim 2000RPM (side)
46" 1080p television (primary [for gaming], HDMI), Acer P215H (live monitoring, DVI)

Posted 02/24/2013 08:42 PM   
[quote="Wagnard"]The Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, has stopped responding and has successfully recovered is an issue that I got today that I never had with my GtX 690 before. It happened only once. But my guess is, there is something maybe going on with this driver as there are many report on this forum and others of this issue. At least I'm not too impacted with it.[/quote] 314.07...roll it on out of there back to 310.90. (Same problem; immediately resolved)
Wagnard said:The Display driver Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver, has stopped responding and has successfully recovered is an issue that I got today that I never had with my GtX 690 before. It happened only once. But my guess is, there is something maybe going on with this driver as there are many report on this forum and others of this issue.
At least I'm not too impacted with it.

2500k @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.28v peak (variable; all power-saving features on)
Zalman 10X Performa
2x (SLI) MSI 670 PE
P67A-UD4-B3
8GB G-Skill 1333 (stock-clocked)
TP-750 Blue ("new")
Vertex 3 60GB (and WD10EADS for storage)
NZXT Guardian 921RB-BL with 2-meter blue LED set, NZXT 2000RPM 140mm (top), and Scythe Slim 2000RPM (side)
46" 1080p television (primary [for gaming], HDMI), Acer P215H (live monitoring, DVI)

Posted 02/24/2013 08:48 PM   
How do I rollback my driver ( I've never had to do it before this )
How do I rollback my driver ( I've never had to do it before this )

Posted 03/17/2013 07:15 PM   
I had the same problem and error message. It happens when the refresh rate is set too high. When I installed the latest driver, it changed the refresh rate to a higher value then I had originally set it at. I lowered it back to the original value and the problem disappeared. It did happen once since then when I looked at the screen in Windows 7 to change the refresh rate. Other than that time, the problem seams to be gone.
I had the same problem and error message. It happens when the refresh rate is set too high. When I installed the latest driver, it changed the refresh rate to a higher value then I had originally set it at. I lowered it back to the original value and the problem disappeared. It did happen once since then when I looked at the screen in Windows 7 to change the refresh rate. Other than that time, the problem seams to be gone.

Posted 03/20/2013 01:49 AM   
I'd like to respond to this thread as well, I'm having a very similar problem, but instead of blacking out, my computer screen will freeze at the exact spot that it has stopped responding, if any audio is playing, the audio will become very slow and distorted. Upon re-responding at around any varied times from 10 seconds up to 15 minutes, it will display the very error in the OP. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. - Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.07 stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I have an nVidia GeForce GTX460, Intel Core 2 Quad Core CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 8.00GB of RAM. (64-bit). This problem occurs whenever viewing a video on YouTube, or sometimes when playing a game. I really wish I could find a solution.
I'd like to respond to this thread as well, I'm having a very similar problem, but instead of blacking out, my computer screen will freeze at the exact spot that it has stopped responding, if any audio is playing, the audio will become very slow and distorted. Upon re-responding at around any varied times from 10 seconds up to 15 minutes, it will display the very error in the OP.

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. - Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 314.07 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX460, Intel Core 2 Quad Core CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 8.00GB of RAM. (64-bit). This problem occurs whenever viewing a video on YouTube, or sometimes when playing a game.

I really wish I could find a solution.

Posted 03/26/2013 05:41 PM   
I'm getting the same exact issue on my GeForce 8600 GTS. My computer will completely freeze, go black, and/or sometimes the graphics application that's using the graphics card will crash. And if there's audio playing, it will do the crazy garbling of the audio. It happens mostly when I run a 3D game and it starts taxing the graphics card. I'm not sure if it's a heat issue or a driver/OS issue. This never happened before I upgraded to Windows 8. Everything was fine on Windows XP x64. Could also be a driver issue. How do you roll back the drivers?
I'm getting the same exact issue on my GeForce 8600 GTS. My computer will completely freeze, go black, and/or sometimes the graphics application that's using the graphics card will crash. And if there's audio playing, it will do the crazy garbling of the audio. It happens mostly when I run a 3D game and it starts taxing the graphics card. I'm not sure if it's a heat issue or a driver/OS issue. This never happened before I upgraded to Windows 8. Everything was fine on Windows XP x64. Could also be a driver issue.

How do you roll back the drivers?

Posted 03/28/2013 03:08 PM   
I have the same problem as well. I use a GeForce GTX 680M and Windows 8 64 bit. I tried all the drivers with clean install + driver sweeper, nothing seems to work. Whenever I run a game with the 680M, after 5-10 minutes, audio and video begins to lag and eventually it crashes. Temperatures are normal (I think, max 75C). And it happens in all the games.
I have the same problem as well. I use a GeForce GTX 680M and Windows 8 64 bit. I tried all the drivers with clean install + driver sweeper, nothing seems to work. Whenever I run a game with the 680M, after 5-10 minutes, audio and video begins to lag and eventually it crashes. Temperatures are normal (I think, max 75C). And it happens in all the games.

Posted 03/28/2013 07:35 PM   
  1 / 7    
Scroll To Top