Battlefield 3 "bf3.exe stopped working" error
NVIDIA is currently investigating reports from some end users of Battlefield 3 intermittent application crashes with the error message "bf3.exe stopped working" while using using our recent R310.61 BETA display drivers. We are requesting assistance from end users by asking that you provide us with crash mini-dump log files so that we may verify any issues we may reproduce in our labs is the same issue customers are seeing on their own systems. 1) Press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command. 2) Type the following into the Open field: %LOCALAPPDATA%CrashDumps 3) Verify you have dmp files as shown below from Battlefield 3 crashes: [img]http://nvcc.s3.amazonaws.com/BF3/11-28-2012 12-44-09 AM.jpg[/img] 4) If you do not see dmp files, make sure you have it enabled in your registry as shown in the Microsoft article below to save mini-dump files to your hard drive: [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181(VS.85).aspx[/url] Once you have enabled full user-mode dumps, proceed to play Battlefield 3 as usual. If Battlefield 3 crashes with the error message "bf3.exe stopped working", please collect the DMP file created and email it to the following email address: driverfeedback@nvidia.com In addition to the DMP file(s), please also include in your email your system specifications, name of map you were playing and the graphic settings used (a screenshot of the in game graphic settings will do).
NVIDIA is currently investigating reports from some end users of Battlefield 3 intermittent application crashes with the error message "bf3.exe stopped working" while using using our recent R310.61 BETA display drivers. We are requesting assistance from end users by asking that you provide us with crash mini-dump log files so that we may verify any issues we may reproduce in our labs is the same issue customers are seeing on their own systems.

1) Press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command.
2) Type the following into the Open field:

%LOCALAPPDATA%CrashDumps

3) Verify you have dmp files as shown below from Battlefield 3 crashes:

4) If you do not see dmp files, make sure you have it enabled in your registry as shown in the Microsoft article below to save mini-dump files to your hard drive:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb787181(VS.85).aspx

Once you have enabled full user-mode dumps, proceed to play Battlefield 3 as usual. If Battlefield 3 crashes with the error message "bf3.exe stopped working", please collect the DMP file created and email it to the following email address:

driverfeedback@nvidia.com

In addition to the DMP file(s), please also include in your email your system specifications, name of map you were playing and the graphic settings used (a screenshot of the in game graphic settings will do).

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 11/26/2012 10:43 AM   
I'll do this now next time as BF3 just crashed on me again just as I was going to arm an MCOM, not nice! edit - there is no local dump folder for Windows 8.
I'll do this now next time as BF3 just crashed on me again just as I was going to arm an MCOM, not nice!

edit - there is no local dump folder for Windows 8.

Posted 11/27/2012 06:21 PM   
Was going to send rwo crash dumps but I got this back: Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: driverfeedback@nvidia.com Technical details of permanent failure: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limit (state 17). Thoughts?
Was going to send rwo crash dumps but I got this back:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limit (state 17).

Thoughts?

Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 MB
i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz
Corsair Dominator CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 32GB
1 x Asus GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
Win7 64bit Eng
900W psu
HP LP2475W DisplayPort

Posted 11/28/2012 08:25 PM   
Looks like it was an attachment size error, try zipping/compressing the dump files before attaching.
Looks like it was an attachment size error, try zipping/compressing the dump files before attaching.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 11/28/2012 08:38 PM   
Alternatively, you may also try sending the mini-dump files once by one.
Alternatively, you may also try sending the mini-dump files once by one.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 11/28/2012 08:51 PM   
[quote="MixedFeelings"]Was going to send rwo crash dumps but I got this back: Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: driverfeedback@nvidia.com Technical details of permanent failure: Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limit (state 17). Thoughts? [/quote] New mail sent without problems. Hope it helps.
MixedFeelings said:Was going to send rwo crash dumps but I got this back:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 552 552 #5.3.4 message size exceeds limit (state 17).

Thoughts?

New mail sent without problems.
Hope it helps.

Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 MB
i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz
Corsair Dominator CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 32GB
1 x Asus GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
Win7 64bit Eng
900W psu
HP LP2475W DisplayPort

Posted 11/28/2012 10:03 PM   
Just wanted to point out that the backslash between "%LOCALAPPDATA%" and "CrashDumps" is missing.. :) It should be: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps (Had to escape the backslash)
Just wanted to point out that the backslash between "%LOCALAPPDATA%" and "CrashDumps" is missing.. :)

It should be:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps

(Had to escape the backslash)

GFX: 2 x EVGA GTX 690 (Quad-SLI)
Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro
Power Supply: 1200 Watt - Corsair AX1200i
CPU: Intel Core i7 3960X OC'd to 4.6 GHz (Watercooled)
RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper 3 (PVI332G160C9QK)
Monitors: 3 x ASUS VG278HE (2D & 3D Surround)
Sound: Logitech G930
Chassis: Cooler Master HAF-X

Posted 11/29/2012 03:33 AM   
I cant get thsi to work, heres what I have, what is incorrect? [IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/masterpmi/crashdumpssetup-1.jpg[/IMG]
I cant get thsi to work, heres what I have, what is incorrect?

Posted 11/29/2012 11:05 PM   
Any answer for the Windows 8 LocalDumps folder issue?
Any answer for the Windows 8 LocalDumps folder issue?

Posted 11/30/2012 10:56 AM   
I personally do not have a dump folder, I guess I have to look into enabling it somehow. However I can in fact confirm that the 310.61 and 310.64 drivers constantly crashes BF3 for me. Was playing five matches and every match my game ended up crashing. Went back to the older 306 drivers and played two hours with 0 crashes whatsoever. Not sure if this would help but here are my pc specs. AMD FX-8320 Vishera 4.6GHz Coolit ECO Liquid cooler patriot 12GB 2000mhz DDR3 (clocked @1600mhz) EVGA GTX 660 ti GDDR5 2GB x2 ASUS VE258Q monitors GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+AMD OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD + Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive 1TB, 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I personally do not have a dump folder, I guess I have to look into enabling it somehow. However I can in fact confirm that the 310.61 and 310.64 drivers constantly crashes BF3 for me. Was playing five matches and every match my game ended up crashing. Went back to the older 306 drivers and played two hours with 0 crashes whatsoever. Not sure if this would help but here are my pc specs.

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 4.6GHz Coolit ECO Liquid cooler

patriot 12GB 2000mhz DDR3 (clocked @1600mhz)

EVGA GTX 660 ti GDDR5 2GB

x2 ASUS VE258Q monitors

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+AMD

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD + Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive 1TB, 7200RPM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 4.6GHz Coolit ECO Liquid cooler

Adata 16GB 2000mhz DDR3 (clocked @1600mhz)

EVGA GTX 660 ti GDDR5 2GB

x2 ASUS VE258Q monitors

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+AMD

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD & Western Digital WD Black WD1501FASS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 64MB

Corsair Vengeance 1500 Headset

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Posted 12/01/2012 04:29 PM   
Any update regarding the date for a fix? I'd like to play the new BF3 DLC when it hits dec 4.
Any update regarding the date for a fix? I'd like to play the new BF3 DLC when it hits dec 4.

i7 860 @ 3.8 - ASRock P55 Extreme4 - 8 GB Corsair XMS3 2000 - EVGA 670 OC cooled by Arctic Mono Plus

Posted 12/02/2012 10:17 AM   
We have released a new driver today which should fix the Battlefield 3 crash issue: [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/524985/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-r310-70-whql-candidate-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-12-4-12-/[/url]

Posted 12/04/2012 03:51 PM   
Manuel excuse me: You want us to buy new drivers just because you guys do not know how to fix whatever it was you did wrong on our old drivers? Why would we want to support Nvidia if NOBODY ever posted a fix for our problems?
Manuel excuse me: You want us to buy new drivers just because you guys do not know how to fix whatever it was you did wrong on our old drivers?
Why would we want to support Nvidia if NOBODY ever posted a fix for our problems?

Posted 12/04/2012 05:07 PM   
[quote="P3NNy"]Manuel excuse me: You want us to buy new drivers just because you guys do not know how to fix whatever it was you did wrong on our old drivers? Why would we want to support Nvidia if NOBODY ever posted a fix for our problems?[/quote] We don't sell drivers. Drivers are free to download. As I stated in my original post, the purpose for requesting crash logs from users is to 1) verify the issue we saw in our labs is the same issue users were seeing on their systems and 2) make sure there wasn't more than one issue here. This is optional and only meant to speed up the process of getting fixes to customers.
P3NNy said:Manuel excuse me: You want us to buy new drivers just because you guys do not know how to fix whatever it was you did wrong on our old drivers?
Why would we want to support Nvidia if NOBODY ever posted a fix for our problems?

We don't sell drivers. Drivers are free to download. As I stated in my original post, the purpose for requesting crash logs from users is to 1) verify the issue we saw in our labs is the same issue users were seeing on their systems and 2) make sure there wasn't more than one issue here.

This is optional and only meant to speed up the process of getting fixes to customers.

Posted 12/04/2012 05:21 PM   
I still get crashes with the latest drivers released yesterday. In heavy scenes, the seconnd gpu stops responding and crashes the system.
I still get crashes with the latest drivers released yesterday. In heavy scenes, the seconnd gpu stops responding and crashes the system.

Posted 12/07/2012 12:02 AM   
Scroll To Top