Hitman Absolution - Can't select Stereoscopic option in launcher or in-game menu
  1 / 10    
Hoping someone can shed some light on this, No matter what options I select in the launcher, the checkbox for stereoscopic is greyed out. I've tried deselecting SSAO, raising resolution, lowering resolution, everything. My system is a i7 @ 2.8 with 8GB ram and a 1GB GTS 360M I've never had this problem before except when running Max Payne 3 in dx9 mode. For Max Payne, once I selected DX 10.1 or 11 I could turn it on, but no such option here as HMA is a DX11 only game. The game won't even kick in the 3d vision driver as I don't see the green text in the bottom corner either. BTW I'm on the new beta drivers from yesterday (310.61) and I have a profile for HMA and the exe is listed under the profile in Nvidia inspector. This is similar to the behaviour of Battlefield 3 when it first came out and didn't support 3d vision, but I've tried the same workaround used for BF3 and still a no go. Please help! I only bought this game for PC because I wanted to play in 3D
Hoping someone can shed some light on this, No matter what options I select in the launcher, the checkbox for stereoscopic is greyed out. I've tried deselecting SSAO, raising resolution, lowering resolution, everything. My system is a i7 @ 2.8 with 8GB ram and a 1GB GTS 360M I've never had this problem before except when running Max Payne 3 in dx9 mode. For Max Payne, once I selected DX 10.1 or 11 I could turn it on, but no such option here as HMA is a DX11 only game. The game won't even kick in the 3d vision driver as I don't see the green text in the bottom corner either. BTW I'm on the new beta drivers from yesterday (310.61) and I have a profile for HMA and the exe is listed under the profile in Nvidia inspector. This is similar to the behaviour of Battlefield 3 when it first came out and didn't support 3d vision, but I've tried the same workaround used for BF3 and still a no go. Please help! I only bought this game for PC because I wanted to play in 3D

Posted 11/22/2012 05:03 PM   
Having exactly the same problem,tried everything but still can't select Stereoscopic in the launcher. I'm also using the new beta 310.61 drivers.
Having exactly the same problem,tried everything but still can't select Stereoscopic in the launcher.

I'm also using the new beta 310.61 drivers.

Posted 11/22/2012 05:43 PM   
I was on 310.54 last night and had this issue, I was hoping that the new beta 310.61 with specific support for hitman (it added the appropriate 3d vision profile) would fix this but no go :(
I was on 310.54 last night and had this issue, I was hoping that the new beta 310.61 with specific support for hitman (it added the appropriate 3d vision profile) would fix this but no go :(

Posted 11/22/2012 06:07 PM   
I cant confirm this will work but I did a quick registry search RUN->REGEDIT HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE IO INTERACTIVE HITMAN ABSOLUTION Look for the field STEREOSCOPIC make the value 1 REFRESH RATE make the value 78 DONT CLICK OPTIONS BECAUSE IT MAY REVERT IT. If that doesnt work. Repeat prior step and look for STEREO_DEPTH make value 00 00 00 40 STEREO_STRENGTH 0a d7 a3 3c DONT CLICK OPTIONS BECAUSE IT MAY REVERT IT.
I cant confirm this will work but I did a quick registry search
RUN->REGEDIT
HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE IO INTERACTIVE HITMAN ABSOLUTION

Look for the field STEREOSCOPIC
make the value 1
REFRESH RATE
make the value 78
DONT CLICK OPTIONS BECAUSE IT MAY REVERT IT.

If that doesnt work. Repeat prior step and look for STEREO_DEPTH
make value 00 00 00 40
STEREO_STRENGTH
0a d7 a3 3c

DONT CLICK OPTIONS BECAUSE IT MAY REVERT IT.

Posted 11/22/2012 06:08 PM   
Ya I tried the reg edit for the stereoscopic vaule, but even if not going into options, it reverts back. I've even tried setting the value to 1 in the benchmark.ini and using the command line to launch the benchmark with settings from ini and still 3d vision doesn't kick in, gonna try to change permissions on the reg key for hitman and try again tonight when I get home
Ya I tried the reg edit for the stereoscopic vaule, but even if not going into options, it reverts back. I've even tried setting the value to 1 in the benchmark.ini and using the command line to launch the benchmark with settings from ini and still 3d vision doesn't kick in, gonna try to change permissions on the reg key for hitman and try again tonight when I get home

Posted 11/22/2012 07:17 PM   
If the files are set to read only does this help? I wonder how this game would look in 3D as I heard its rating is "fair", would be great if Helix could work some magic if its needed.
If the files are set to read only does this help?

I wonder how this game would look in 3D as I heard its rating is "fair", would be great if Helix could work some magic if its needed.

My 3D Vision Gallery
Helix 3D Fixes
Win 7 x64
i7 4960X Extreme Edition
MSI Big Bang XPower II
2x EVGA Titan Z
Silverstone Evo 1200w

Posted 11/22/2012 10:27 PM   
Its dx11. Even with toneing down the light settings Id rate it as a good, it still has issues with lighting. It cant be fixed by helix regardless. It uses its own renderer not 3d vision. Could remove lighting issue but not fix it.
Its dx11.

Even with toneing down the light settings Id rate it as a good, it still has issues with lighting. It cant be fixed by helix regardless. It uses its own renderer not 3d vision. Could remove lighting issue but not fix it.

Posted 11/22/2012 11:45 PM   
I guess we have to wait until the DEV's fix this one then... it is odd that the stereoscopic option is unticked.
I guess we have to wait until the DEV's fix this one then... it is odd that the stereoscopic option is unticked.

My 3D Vision Gallery
Helix 3D Fixes
Win 7 x64
i7 4960X Extreme Edition
MSI Big Bang XPower II
2x EVGA Titan Z
Silverstone Evo 1200w

Posted 11/23/2012 12:06 AM   
[quote="Milamber*"]I guess we have to wait until the DEV's fix this one then... it is odd that the stereoscopic option is unticked.[/quote] It's a Gaming Evolved title from Eidos, so it's not that odd that it's unticked and uncheckable. The last game that satisfied both of those requirements was Deus Ex Human Revolution and while stereo 3D was eventually patched to be compatible with 3D Vision after a few weeks, the end result in 3D still sucked. It was slightly better with a small mod made by a user here that allowed additional control over depth/convergence beyond the default settings, but I still haven't bothered to play through that game due to the poor 3D.
Milamber* said:I guess we have to wait until the DEV's fix this one then... it is odd that the stereoscopic option is unticked.

It's a Gaming Evolved title from Eidos, so it's not that odd that it's unticked and uncheckable. The last game that satisfied both of those requirements was Deus Ex Human Revolution and while stereo 3D was eventually patched to be compatible with 3D Vision after a few weeks, the end result in 3D still sucked. It was slightly better with a small mod made by a user here that allowed additional control over depth/convergence beyond the default settings, but I still haven't bothered to play through that game due to the poor 3D.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 11/23/2012 02:08 AM   
Has anyone here with an nvidia card actually been able to tick the box next to "stereoscopic" and actually run it in 3d vision, green profile text and all? The profile is there even with the right exe name.. just won't trigger for me, very weird. I'm sure its not related, but for some reason the opposite happens with lego batman 2, whereby no matter if I have 3d vision enabled or not, it forces it on.
Has anyone here with an nvidia card actually been able to tick the box next to "stereoscopic" and actually run it in 3d vision, green profile text and all? The profile is there even with the right exe name.. just won't trigger for me, very weird. I'm sure its not related, but for some reason the opposite happens with lego batman 2, whereby no matter if I have 3d vision enabled or not, it forces it on.

Posted 11/23/2012 04:11 AM   
I wasnt gonna say anything till I was sure it wasnt possible to get around it. Which is why I wanted people to test registry but im pretty sure chiz is right. I think the only reason the game works for non hdmi 1.4 users is because of non amdhd3d users on amd cards. It might not be possible to get to work. The game is AMD sponsored = AMDHD3D. Which may prevent normal HDMI from 3d tv play users. I have a feeling anyone with a HDMI 1.4 display will not get this game to work. If they wanted to allow all users to play it would be very simple (trine 1/2) HDMI + 3D VISION (HDMI 1.3) works on my projector with hitman. All 3d vision users have no trouble getting game to work, just 3d tv play. Not sure if it will make you feel better but the game is pretty mediocre in 3D. The lighting issue is pretty bad and you will never find in an actual in gameplay scene without it. I cant imagine many of the non-hardcore 3d users bothering.
I wasnt gonna say anything till I was sure it wasnt possible to get around it. Which is why I wanted people to test registry but im pretty sure chiz is right. I think the only reason the game works for non hdmi 1.4 users is because of non amdhd3d users on amd cards.
It might not be possible to get to work. The game is AMD sponsored = AMDHD3D. Which may prevent normal HDMI from 3d tv play users. I have a feeling anyone with a HDMI 1.4 display will not get this game to work. If they wanted to allow all users to play it would be very simple (trine 1/2)
HDMI + 3D VISION (HDMI 1.3) works on my projector with hitman.
All 3d vision users have no trouble getting game to work, just 3d tv play.

Not sure if it will make you feel better but the game is pretty mediocre in 3D. The lighting issue is pretty bad and you will never find in an actual in gameplay scene without it. I cant imagine many of the non-hardcore 3d users bothering.

Posted 11/23/2012 04:34 AM   
I have an Asus 3D vision laptop (with emitter built-in) being output via HDMI 1.3 to my Acer H5360 projector, what projector are you using eqzitara?
I have an Asus 3D vision laptop (with emitter built-in) being output via HDMI 1.3 to my Acer H5360 projector, what projector are you using eqzitara?

Posted 11/23/2012 04:59 AM   
Optoma hd66 which is practically identical to the acer. Now I am really confused why you cant get it to work...(I had an acer and wanted to try out the optoma when it died). I have no idea anymore, if you want to get an optoma hd66 (inf) and try to see if that works then try that. Otherwise im lost.
Optoma hd66 which is practically identical to the acer. Now I am really confused why you cant get it to work...(I had an acer and wanted to try out the optoma when it died). I have no idea anymore, if you want to get an optoma hd66 (inf) and try to see if that works then try that. Otherwise im lost.

Posted 11/23/2012 05:18 AM   
I'll have a try with the inf, but my acer is showing as a supported 3d vision display in the control panel already, it looks like I might have to wait for a fix from the devs which might come out or not. I got so sick of waiting for a 3D vision fix for DX:HR that I too could never even be bothered to go back and play the game, really hope that doesn't happen here.
I'll have a try with the inf, but my acer is showing as a supported 3d vision display in the control panel already, it looks like I might have to wait for a fix from the devs which might come out or not. I got so sick of waiting for a 3D vision fix for DX:HR that I too could never even be bothered to go back and play the game, really hope that doesn't happen here.

Posted 11/23/2012 05:28 AM   
I really don't get this 3d racism, at least half or more of the gaming PCs out there are going to have nvidia cards, I can understand you make your game perform better for one manufacturer if it supports your game, but cutting off completely the rest of us? It's just incredibly stupid.
I really don't get this 3d racism, at least half or more of the gaming PCs out there are going to have nvidia cards, I can understand you make your game perform better for one manufacturer if it supports your game, but cutting off completely the rest of us? It's just incredibly stupid.

All hail 3d modders Helifax, bo3b, mike_ar69, Flugan, DarkStarSword, 4everAwake, 3d4dd, eqzitara and so many more helping to keep the 3d dream alive, find their 3d fixes at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/

Posted 11/23/2012 08:59 AM   
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top