GTX 580 driver stoppes working / crashes in all recently released games (assassin's creed 3, COD

Do you have the same problem with your GTX 500 card?

Yes i have this problem with my GTX 590
Yes i have this problem with my GTX 580
Yes i have this problem with my GTX 570
Yes i have this problem with my GTX 560
Yes i have this problem with my GTX 5XX series card
  2 / 39    
we all here have 5xx cards and have the same story ... so we all here to find solution
we all here have 5xx cards and have the same story ... so we all here to find solution

Posted 11/26/2012 07:55 PM   
I have GTX570 asus
I have GTX570 asus

Posted 11/26/2012 07:56 PM   
I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY) Edit: I could fix the issue by increase core voltage to 1100 mV
I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY)

Edit: I could fix the issue by increase core voltage to 1100 mV

Posted 11/26/2012 08:47 PM   
I got a replacement for my GTX580 when this started happening with the new driver, assuming my card was failing. Guess what, the replacement GTX580 is behaving just the same, I've rolled back to 296.10 (as I'm a little wary of all the 3.XX series of drivers since this has started) and things are nice and stable just now but it's obviously not a long term solution. This most certainly isn't a hardware issue, it is a driver issue. While its handy that we have strong community help with suggestions of underclocking and such, this should only be seen as a temporary workaround. We are not talking about ancient tech here, expensive last gen cards should be getting supported fully with the latest drivers without the need to mess about "under the hood". I expect the next certified release to prioritise a proper fix for this issue, as it is a significant problem for a fair number of people so it seems.
I got a replacement for my GTX580 when this started happening with the new driver, assuming my card was failing. Guess what, the replacement GTX580 is behaving just the same, I've rolled back to 296.10 (as I'm a little wary of all the 3.XX series of drivers since this has started) and things are nice and stable just now but it's obviously not a long term solution. This most certainly isn't a hardware issue, it is a driver issue.

While its handy that we have strong community help with suggestions of underclocking and such, this should only be seen as a temporary workaround. We are not talking about ancient tech here, expensive last gen cards should be getting supported fully with the latest drivers without the need to mess about "under the hood".

I expect the next certified release to prioritise a proper fix for this issue, as it is a significant problem for a fair number of people so it seems.

Posted 11/26/2012 08:51 PM   
Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.
Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 11/26/2012 11:39 PM   
I have a factory GTX 570. I have over and under-clocked my Core Voltage from the original 1038mV, and have had limited success @ 1025 & 1050, with play-times in AC3 and CoD:BO3 getting up to 15 min @ 1050. I have tried many different drivers ( 310.61/54, 306.97/23, 266.58). I have also checked and updated the other drivers on my system. I have also tried it on a HDD and an SSD. I am running dual monitors but had no other success when unplugging one. I have also re-installed the game. In both games the screen goes to black and I am still able to hear some in-game sounds, and my main monitor just sits black until I force-quit the program. On one occasion while overclocked @ 1050 I received a Blue screen of death. my CPU's temp and loads seem to be fine, and all I can see is my GPU usage going to 99 --> black screen --> 0 usage. And this is NOT the first time I have had problems with this card running DX11 games. WOW requires the same "Workaround" of either over or under-clocking. And it has been going on since wow first supported DX11. Feels bad cause I've always been a big supporter of nvidia and I refuse to get anybody else's cards, but I can't play some games and others I can't experience in full quality =( EVGA GTX 570 i-7 2600K 8 GB Ram 64bit win 7
I have a factory GTX 570. I have over and under-clocked my Core Voltage from the original 1038mV, and have had limited success @ 1025 & 1050, with play-times in AC3 and CoD:BO3 getting up to 15 min @ 1050. I have tried many different drivers ( 310.61/54, 306.97/23, 266.58). I have also checked and updated the other drivers on my system. I have also tried it on a HDD and an SSD. I am running dual monitors but had no other success when unplugging one. I have also re-installed the game.

In both games the screen goes to black and I am still able to hear some in-game sounds, and my main monitor just sits black until I force-quit the program. On one occasion while overclocked @ 1050 I received a Blue screen of death. my CPU's temp and loads seem to be fine, and all I can see is my GPU usage going to 99 --> black screen --> 0 usage.

And this is NOT the first time I have had problems with this card running DX11 games. WOW requires the same "Workaround" of either over or under-clocking. And it has been going on since wow first supported DX11. Feels bad cause I've always been a big supporter of nvidia and I refuse to get anybody else's cards, but I can't play some games and others I can't experience in full quality =(

EVGA GTX 570
i-7 2600K
8 GB Ram
64bit win 7
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.[/quote] GIGABYTE GTX570 over here, not factory OC'd as far as I know. Crash is the same, the game screen goes black and then back to Desktop after a few seconds, with the game sound still running in the back. Works fine when upping the Core volt from 988 to around 1000 in my case.
Josh@NVIDIA said:Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.

GIGABYTE GTX570 over here, not factory OC'd as far as I know. Crash is the same, the game screen goes black and then back to Desktop after a few seconds, with the game sound still running in the back. Works fine when upping the Core volt from 988 to around 1000 in my case.

Posted 11/27/2012 08:25 AM   
i've got the ASUS ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 which i believe is factory over clocked. It runs battlefield smoothly even after i've over clocked it more myself, but when i tried playing Assassins Creed 3, Hitman Absolution and Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 all hell broke out. As you can read in the first post i tried everything, un till some one suggested upping ONLY the core voltage to 1100 mV, which fixed the problems. But this can only be a temporary fix! Luckily GPU Tweak can remember 4 different set-ups, so i still got my BF3 set-up saved for when i wanna play that game.
i've got the ASUS ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD5 which i believe is factory over clocked. It runs battlefield smoothly even after i've over clocked it more myself, but when i tried playing Assassins Creed 3, Hitman Absolution and Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 all hell broke out. As you can read in the first post i tried everything, un till some one suggested upping ONLY the core voltage to 1100 mV, which fixed the problems. But this can only be a temporary fix! Luckily GPU Tweak can remember 4 different set-ups, so i still got my BF3 set-up saved for when i wanna play that game.

Posted 11/27/2012 11:36 AM   
I have asus GTX 570 and its overclocked by manufacturer
I have asus GTX 570 and its overclocked by manufacturer

Posted 11/27/2012 01:19 PM   
Whilst I don't have AC3 I find I have the exact same issue with many games when running DX11; whether that be Max Payne 3 or WoW. Would like to add that both games appear to be fine in dx9 however Max Payne 3 does crash when running dx10. I have a reference GTX580. I will attempt the solutions found here when my games have been reinstalled. As others have stated I generally prefer to use nVidia cards due to previous experiences, and do not see user induced under the hood tweaks as a viable long term solution. Hate being "that guy" but not fit for purpose is a term that comes to mind.
Whilst I don't have AC3 I find I have the exact same issue with many games when running DX11; whether that be Max Payne 3 or WoW. Would like to add that both games appear to be fine in dx9 however Max Payne 3 does crash when running dx10.

I have a reference GTX580. I will attempt the solutions found here when my games have been reinstalled.

As others have stated I generally prefer to use nVidia cards due to previous experiences, and do not see user induced under the hood tweaks as a viable long term solution.

Hate being "that guy" but not fit for purpose is a term that comes to mind.

Posted 11/27/2012 03:35 PM   
"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 310.61 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" When I play AC3 this message comes up. And When I try to play BF3 the screen turns to black after a while I'm running on a GTX 580. [quote="PsychoDad"]I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY) Edit: I could fix the issue by increase core voltage to 1100 mV[/quote] What program do you use when you change the core voltage to 1100 mV ??
"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 310.61 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

When I play AC3 this message comes up.
And When I try to play BF3 the screen turns to black after a while
I'm running on a GTX 580.

PsychoDad said:I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY)

What program do you use when you change the core voltage to 1100 mV ??

Posted 11/27/2012 04:36 PM   
[quote="spytoby"]"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 310.61 stopped responding and has successfully recovered" When I play AC3 this message comes up. And When I try to play BF3 the screen turns to black after a while I'm running on a GTX 580. [quote="PsychoDad"]I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY) Edit: I could fix the issue by increase core voltage to 1100 mV[/quote] What program do you use when you change the core voltage to 1100 mV ?? [/quote] i use GPU Tweak from ASUS, but you can use MSI afterburner as well! Give it a try!
spytoby said:"display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 310.61 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

When I play AC3 this message comes up.
And When I try to play BF3 the screen turns to black after a while
I'm running on a GTX 580.

PsychoDad said:I've the same issue in AC3. GTX580 (PNY)

What program do you use when you change the core voltage to 1100 mV ??

i use GPU Tweak from ASUS, but you can use MSI afterburner as well! Give it a try!

Posted 11/27/2012 04:50 PM   
Having the same issue with my MSI GTX 560 (Win 7 64 bit)
Having the same issue with my MSI GTX 560 (Win 7 64 bit)

Posted 11/27/2012 05:22 PM   
I have got the same issue with my GTX 590. Never crashed in last 10 years. Somehow, with ACRD III, got my bsod world record in a day :). I am just kidding... I am really upset cause you are buying very good display card which suppose to be king of the cards in last year... now cant play ASC and COD BO II. These games are really popular... How come they never got a chance to test it... Anyway, just wanted share my thoughts.... hopefully we'll have reapir or fix soon... regards HY
I have got the same issue with my GTX 590. Never crashed in last 10 years. Somehow, with ACRD III,
got my bsod world record in a day :). I am just kidding... I am really upset cause you are buying very good display card which suppose to be king of the cards in last year... now cant play ASC and COD BO II.
These games are really popular... How come they never got a chance to test it... Anyway, just wanted share my thoughts.... hopefully we'll have reapir or fix soon...

regards

HY

Posted 11/27/2012 08:55 PM   
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.[/quote] Many thanks for the interest Josh, The original GTX580 that I had these problems with was made by Palit and was not factory overclocked (or overclocked at all for that matter) and had served me a good year and a half of trouble free gaming. My replacement card is by PNY and is factory overclocked (not my decision, I personally don't like overclocking) but not crazily so as far as I'm aware. In my experience this issue has the potential to affect both oc'ed and non oc'ed cards, luck of the draw I think. Hope this can be fixed in a future driver release, its very frustrating. Cheers.
Josh@NVIDIA said:Can you guys add if your cards are factory overclocked or not? On my two reference EVGA 580's im not seeing this issue on AC3.

Many thanks for the interest Josh, The original GTX580 that I had these problems with was made by Palit and was not factory overclocked (or overclocked at all for that matter) and had served me a good year and a half of trouble free gaming. My replacement card is by PNY and is factory overclocked (not my decision, I personally don't like overclocking) but not crazily so as far as I'm aware.

In my experience this issue has the potential to affect both oc'ed and non oc'ed cards, luck of the draw I think.

Hope this can be fixed in a future driver release, its very frustrating.

Cheers.

Posted 11/27/2012 09:01 PM   
  2 / 39    
Scroll To Top