No surround sound to HD TV
I have just bouht a new TV Samasumg ES6500 serie. I have the following connection: Acer Revo RL100------>HDMI----->TV---->SPDIF Optical---->Pioneer Amplituner I am able to get the stereo sound only. I am not able to change the sound output to 5.1. Both TV and Amplituner recognize the signal as stero. How I can handle it to get a full suroound. My Pioneer does not support the HDMI 1.4 so I have to connect the PC directly to TV set. I know I can connect the PC with Amplituner using the optical cable but I am trying to reduce number of cables. I have connected a HD satellite decoder via HDMI to the TV set and there is no problem with 5.1 audio signal tranfer to the Pioneer. It seams that problem is with the Nvidia ION card which is forced to set to Stereo. I have updated all the Nvidia drivers. Could you please help me with this issue.
I have just bouht a new TV Samasumg ES6500 serie.
I have the following connection:
Acer Revo RL100------>HDMI----->TV---->SPDIF Optical---->Pioneer Amplituner
I am able to get the stereo sound only. I am not able to change the sound output to 5.1. Both TV and Amplituner recognize the signal as stero. How I can handle it to get a full suroound.
My Pioneer does not support the HDMI 1.4 so I have to connect the PC directly to TV set.
I know I can connect the PC with Amplituner using the optical cable but I am trying to reduce number of cables.
I have connected a HD satellite decoder via HDMI to the TV set and there is no problem with 5.1 audio signal tranfer to the Pioneer.
It seams that problem is with the Nvidia ION card which is forced to set to Stereo. I have updated all the Nvidia drivers.
Could you please help me with this issue.

Posted 11/22/2012 07:58 AM   
Scroll To Top