GTX 650 TI does NOT exist! My review.
Avoid the GTX 650 TI because: Geforce own specs do not match up to card. You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the 650 TI The GTX 650 TI does not have a "Part number". After many days trying to track down some way to register my non-existent Geforce GTX 650 TI, I discovered that Geforce not only has no means to register the warranty, but there is mixed specs and image of the GTX 650 TI. The information for the GTX 650 TI is misleading. Also, it would seem that the only support Geforce offers is a redirect to rely on forum participants helping one another. But, it's not all bad... PROs: [list] [.]Card slipped in nice and easy.[/.] [.]fan is super quiet - as of now.[/.] [.]Plays CRYSIS 3 quite well.[/.] [/list] [b]CONS:[/b] [list] [.]The specs do not match the card.[/.] [.]Images do not match the card.[/.] [.]There is only one VGA connector and the other two are DVI-D.[/.] [.]nothing on box, the contents, or card match up to anything on the Geforce site.[/.] [/list] [b]SUMMARY:[/b] While the card is cool looking, quiet, and lets Crysis 3 play nicely, the wrong images online, the wrong spec data, and lack of support by the manufacturer and inability to register the warranty for the product make it an 'avoid at all costs'. i
Avoid the GTX 650 TI because:
Geforce own specs do not match up to card.
You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the 650 TI
The GTX 650 TI does not have a "Part number".
After many days trying to track down some way to register my non-existent Geforce GTX 650 TI, I discovered that Geforce not only has no means to register the warranty, but there is mixed specs and image of the GTX 650 TI. The information for the GTX 650 TI is misleading. Also, it would seem that the only support Geforce offers is a redirect to rely on forum participants helping one another. But, it's not all bad...

PROs:
  • Card slipped in nice and easy.
  • fan is super quiet - as of now.
  • Plays CRYSIS 3 quite well.

CONS:
  • The specs do not match the card.
  • Images do not match the card.
  • There is only one VGA connector and the other two are DVI-D.
  • nothing on box, the contents, or card match up to anything on the Geforce site.

SUMMARY: While the card is cool looking, quiet, and lets Crysis 3 play nicely, the wrong images online, the wrong spec data, and lack of support by the manufacturer and inability to register the warranty for the product make it an 'avoid at all costs'.

i

Posted 11/21/2012 11:50 PM   
Are you sure both the DVI connectors are DVI-D? One of them should be DVI-I and will support a VGA monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. You can tell it's DVI-I if it has 4 pins around the small slot at one end. The DVI-D connector does not have these 4 pins.
Are you sure both the DVI connectors are DVI-D? One of them should be DVI-I and will support a VGA monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. You can tell it's DVI-I if it has 4 pins around the small slot at one end. The DVI-D connector does not have these 4 pins.

De-lidded Core i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz
Corsair H110 water cooler
8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC mobo
eVGA GTX980 1392MHz boost 7600MHz VRAM
Soundblaster Z with 5.1 speakers
QPAD QH-90 Headset
112GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
240GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R case (white)
Akasa PowerXtreme 1200W PSU
HP ZR2740W 2560 x 1440 27" IPS panel
Logitech G502 mouse
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Posted 11/22/2012 05:53 PM   
[quote="Internaut"]Avoid the GTX 650 TI because: Geforce own specs do not match up to card. You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the 650 TI The GTX 650 TI does not have a "Part number". After many days trying to track down some way to register my non-existent Geforce GTX 650 TI, I discovered that Geforce not only has no means to register the warranty, but there is mixed specs and image of the GTX 650 TI. The information for the GTX 650 TI is misleading. Also, it would seem that the only support Geforce offers is a redirect to rely on forum participants helping one another. But, it's not all bad... PROs: [list] [.]Card slipped in nice and easy.[/.] [.]fan is super quiet - as of now.[/.] [.]Plays CRYSIS 3 quite well.[/.] [/list] [b]CONS:[/b] [list] [.]The specs do not match the card.[/.] [.]Images do not match the card.[/.] [.]There is only one VGA connector and the other two are DVI-D.[/.] [.]nothing on box, the contents, or card match up to anything on the Geforce site.[/.] [/list] [b]SUMMARY:[/b] While the card is cool looking, quiet, and lets Crysis 3 play nicely, the wrong images online, the wrong spec data, and lack of support by the manufacturer and inability to register the warranty for the product make it an 'avoid at all costs'. i[/quote] What are you talking about? Each manufacturer changes things in cards, you probably did not buy a reference model. Why would you want to register it on the nVidia site? To get your warrenty register it with the manufacturer of the card (e.g. asus, msi, etc). I say this again, the cards they display on the Geforce/nVidia site here are the reference designs, but the card manufacturers also sells none reference card that look totally different and might have different clocks and memory.
Internaut said:Avoid the GTX 650 TI because:
You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the 650 TI
The GTX 650 TI does not have a "Part number".
After many days trying to track down some way to register my non-existent Geforce GTX 650 TI, I discovered that Geforce not only has no means to register the warranty, but there is mixed specs and image of the GTX 650 TI. The information for the GTX 650 TI is misleading. Also, it would seem that the only support Geforce offers is a redirect to rely on forum participants helping one another. But, it's not all bad...

PROs:
  • Card slipped in nice and easy.
  • fan is super quiet - as of now.
  • Plays CRYSIS 3 quite well.

CONS:
  • The specs do not match the card.
  • Images do not match the card.
  • There is only one VGA connector and the other two are DVI-D.
  • nothing on box, the contents, or card match up to anything on the Geforce site.

SUMMARY: While the card is cool looking, quiet, and lets Crysis 3 play nicely, the wrong images online, the wrong spec data, and lack of support by the manufacturer and inability to register the warranty for the product make it an 'avoid at all costs'.

i

What are you talking about? Each manufacturer changes things in cards, you probably did not buy a reference model. Why would you want to register it on the nVidia site? To get your warrenty register it with the manufacturer of the card (e.g. asus, msi, etc). I say this again, the cards they display on the Geforce/nVidia site here are the reference designs, but the card manufacturers also sells none reference card that look totally different and might have different clocks and memory.

Posted 11/22/2012 11:42 PM   
[quote="Searias"][quote="Internaut"]Avoid the GTX 650 TI because: Geforce own specs do not match up to card. You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the ............ i[/quote] What are you talking about? Each manufacturer changes things in cards, you probably did not buy a reference model. Why would you want to register it on the nVidia site? To get your warrenty register it with the manufacturer of the card (e.g. asus, msi, etc). I say this again, the cards they display on the Geforce/nVidia site here are the reference designs, but the card manufacturers also sells none reference card that look totally different and might have different clocks and memory. [/quote] I am talking about the card that has the [b][u][i]"nVidia[/b][/i][/u] Geforce GTX 650Ti" on the box! I bought a Ford Mustang. The point is, like Ford made the car, and called it "Mustang" nVidia made the card and called it Ge3force... but now that you mention it, the card box has another label that says "nVidia Gigabyte Gforce GTX 650Ti" - so, is it nVidia, Gigabytes, Geforce, or GTX the manufacturer? When going to the manufacturer as you suggested, and looking for drivers/updates there, after going through 5 pages answering questions, they pop a page that links to, guess where - right to nVidia. Hence, why I am asking here! + most of the support links GB result sin in an xml error. The card works fine for one monitor. Runs Crysis 2, but the free Assassins Creed III can't be used until Ubi gets it together and makes their server available! The registration host has been down for 4 days now, and like Steam, it will be a long time before they believe that it is erring out - AC3? No idea how it looks.
Searias said:
Internaut said:Avoid the GTX 650 TI because:
You cannot register the warranty. The Geforce warranty section has a dropdown and does not list the ............
i

What are you talking about? Each manufacturer changes things in cards, you probably did not buy a reference model. Why would you want to register it on the nVidia site? To get your warrenty register it with the manufacturer of the card (e.g. asus, msi, etc). I say this again, the cards they display on the Geforce/nVidia site here are the reference designs, but the card manufacturers also sells none reference card that look totally different and might have different clocks and memory.

I am talking about the card that has the "nVidia Geforce GTX 650Ti" on the box!

I bought a Ford Mustang. The point is, like Ford made the car, and called it "Mustang" nVidia made the card and called it Ge3force... but now that you mention it, the card box has another label that says "nVidia Gigabyte Gforce GTX 650Ti" - so, is it nVidia, Gigabytes, Geforce, or GTX the manufacturer?

When going to the manufacturer as you suggested, and looking for drivers/updates there, after going through 5 pages answering questions, they pop a page that links to, guess where - right to nVidia. Hence, why I am asking here! + most of the support links GB result sin in an xml error.

The card works fine for one monitor. Runs Crysis 2, but the free Assassins Creed III can't be used until Ubi gets it together and makes their server available! The registration host has been down for 4 days now, and like Steam, it will be a long time before they believe that it is erring out - AC3? No idea how it looks.

Posted 11/24/2012 12:57 AM   
[quote="Discordia"]Are you sure both the DVI connectors are DVI-D? One of them should be DVI-I and will support a VGA monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. You can tell it's DVI-I if it has 4 pins around the small slot at one end. The DVI-D connector does not have these 4 pins.[/quote] Yep - positive the card/s two DVI's are -D. There is a good image at [url=http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76833&vpn=GV-N65TOC-1GI&manufacture=Gigabyte]NCIX[/url] The card does not have the 4 pins/holes around small slot - just the mini bar. The image link says it all. The adapters I ordered from China arrived. One end is female VGA plug. The other end, is the male that would go in to the DVI-D - but, as you pointed out, nothing shows on 2nd monitor. I was hopeful. No idea why the female VGA to DVI-D. None of this makes any sense any more. The image link to the adapter and the link to the card specs, show that the adapter will fit, but VGA, to DVI. At the risk of being a thorn and repetitive, what kind of monitor would I need in order to utilize this card so I get ay least 2, if not more monitors going? nVidia control panel shows 4 adapters, two monitors plugged in, but no display on 2nd.
Discordia said:Are you sure both the DVI connectors are DVI-D? One of them should be DVI-I and will support a VGA monitor using a DVI to VGA adapter. You can tell it's DVI-I if it has 4 pins around the small slot at one end. The DVI-D connector does not have these 4 pins.

Yep - positive the card/s two DVI's are -D. There is a good image at NCIX

The card does not have the 4 pins/holes around small slot - just the mini bar. The image link says it all.

The adapters I ordered from China arrived. One end is female VGA plug. The other end, is the male that would go in to the DVI-D - but, as you pointed out, nothing shows on 2nd monitor. I was hopeful. No idea why the female VGA to DVI-D. None of this makes any sense any more.

The image link to the adapter and the link to the card specs, show that the adapter will fit, but VGA, to DVI.

At the risk of being a thorn and repetitive, what kind of monitor would I need in order to utilize this card so I get ay least 2, if not more monitors going?

nVidia control panel shows 4 adapters, two monitors plugged in, but no display on 2nd.

Posted 11/24/2012 01:09 AM   
[quote="Internaut"] I am talking about the card that has the [b][u][i]"nVidia[/b][/i][/u] Geforce GTX 650Ti" on the box! I bought a Ford Mustang. The point is, like Ford made the car, and called it "Mustang" nVidia made the card and called it Ge3force... but now that you mention it, the card box has another label that says "nVidia Gigabyte Gforce GTX 650Ti" - so, is it nVidia, Gigabytes, Geforce, or GTX the manufacturer? When going to the manufacturer as you suggested, and looking for drivers/updates there, after going through 5 pages answering questions, they pop a page that links to, guess where - right to nVidia. Hence, why I am asking here! + most of the support links GB result sin in an xml error. The card works fine for one monitor. Runs Crysis 2, but the free Assassins Creed III can't be used until Ubi gets it together and makes their server available! The registration host has been down for 4 days now, and like Steam, it will be a long time before they believe that it is erring out - AC3? No idea how it looks. [/quote] nVidia doesn't sell the entire graphic cards to the manufacturer , they only sell the GPU chip and the manufacturer decides on what the end product will look like, eg like adding additional ram etc. When you buy a ford car ford manufacturers it themselves. So, if you want to register your graphics card you have to do it at the manufacturer's website. In your case Gigabyte? Only thing nVidia will provide you is the drivers on their site and some tech support to get things working right (actual RMA and hardware related problems has to be dealt with the manufacturer), the warrenty for the actual hardware comes from the company who assembled it and not nVidia.
Internaut said:

I am talking about the card that has the "nVidia Geforce GTX 650Ti" on the box!

I bought a Ford Mustang. The point is, like Ford made the car, and called it "Mustang" nVidia made the card and called it Ge3force... but now that you mention it, the card box has another label that says "nVidia Gigabyte Gforce GTX 650Ti" - so, is it nVidia, Gigabytes, Geforce, or GTX the manufacturer?

When going to the manufacturer as you suggested, and looking for drivers/updates there, after going through 5 pages answering questions, they pop a page that links to, guess where - right to nVidia. Hence, why I am asking here! + most of the support links GB result sin in an xml error.

The card works fine for one monitor. Runs Crysis 2, but the free Assassins Creed III can't be used until Ubi gets it together and makes their server available! The registration host has been down for 4 days now, and like Steam, it will be a long time before they believe that it is erring out - AC3? No idea how it looks.

nVidia doesn't sell the entire graphic cards to the manufacturer , they only sell the GPU chip and the manufacturer decides on what the end product will look like, eg like adding additional ram etc. When you buy a ford car ford manufacturers it themselves. So, if you want to register your graphics card you have to do it at the manufacturer's website. In your case Gigabyte? Only thing nVidia will provide you is the drivers on their site and some tech support to get things working right (actual RMA and hardware related problems has to be dealt with the manufacturer), the warrenty for the actual hardware comes from the company who assembled it and not nVidia.

Posted 11/24/2012 02:09 AM   
I recently purchased the GTX 650 TI from best buy. Seem to be a great card, however its heat sink enclosure seems as if its designed for a 660. Did I buy a hybrid model? Part number 900-12030-2511-000. The package box has nvidia only so I assume its manufactured from them directly.
I recently purchased the GTX 650 TI from best buy. Seem to be a great card, however its heat sink enclosure seems as if its designed for a 660. Did I buy a hybrid model? Part number 900-12030-2511-000.
The package box has nvidia only so I assume its manufactured from them directly.

Posted 03/19/2013 06:10 PM   
Internaut... Chill out... Okay? Just chill. :) The 650Ti does exist. You just worried yourself because you didn't know what you were buying. You will not find the 650Ti's on the Nvidia site because they ALLOW third parties to manufacture Nvidia cards themselves, especially in the case of the 650Ti, which is a very reasonably performing card within a very reasonable price range. (a niche within a niche) You can see in the first 30 secs of this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJI8f81a9IA&feature=youtube_gdata_player you can see how different the 2 cards are, yet they're both 660Ti's. Now, if you also type '650Ti' in to Google Images, you'll see how different the design varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Gigabyte make kick-ass cards! So if you have any questions about warranty, go to the Gigabyte website. As for the problem you're having with your monitor, I'd suggest NOT using any Adapter at all. Buy a monitor with DVI input, and it will come with a DVI cable you can plug straight in to your video card. Good luck.
Internaut... Chill out... Okay? Just chill. :)

The 650Ti does exist. You just worried yourself because you didn't know what you were buying.

You will not find the 650Ti's on the Nvidia site because they ALLOW third parties to manufacture Nvidia cards themselves, especially in the case of the 650Ti, which is a very reasonably performing card within a very reasonable price range. (a niche within a niche)

You can see in the first 30 secs of this video -

you can see how different the 2 cards are, yet they're both 660Ti's.

Now, if you also type '650Ti' in to Google Images, you'll see how different the design varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Gigabyte make kick-ass cards! So if you have any questions about warranty, go to the Gigabyte website.

As for the problem you're having with your monitor, I'd suggest NOT using any Adapter at all.
Buy a monitor with DVI input, and it will come with a DVI cable you can plug straight in to your video card.

Good luck.

Posted 03/19/2013 10:53 PM   
I think i have the same one. There is no other company branding on it. Just NVIDIA.
I think i have the same one. There is no other company branding on it. Just NVIDIA.

Posted 12/22/2013 06:29 AM   
Here's a picture of it. http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-650ti-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/6y4AAOxygKZSSeG2/$(KGrHqR,!lwFI3ynejsKBSSeG2UE!w~~60_12.JPG
Here's a picture of it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-650ti-/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/6y4AAOxygKZSSeG2/$(KGrHqR,!lwFI3ynejsKBSSeG2UE!w~~60_12.JPG

Posted 12/22/2013 07:14 AM   
Scroll To Top