Geforce 610 GT how to make dual monitor display work
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Geforce 610 GT and it promised dual display. I have a DVI to VGAx2 splitter but it does not seem to be recognising the 2nd monitor. I have also tried using the onboard vga and Dport just for curiosity and that is failing. (but i assume this is not working because the 610 GT is overwriting any other gfx card running) I have a HP Compaq 8200. Can anyone tell me how I can get dual monitor display running? HDMI is not an option
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Geforce 610 GT and it promised dual display. I have a DVI to VGAx2 splitter but it does not seem to be recognising the 2nd monitor.

I have also tried using the onboard vga and Dport just for curiosity and that is failing. (but i assume this is not working because the 610 GT is overwriting any other gfx card running)

I have a HP Compaq 8200. Can anyone tell me how I can get dual monitor display running? HDMI is not an option

Posted 11/15/2012 01:55 AM   
Display splitters are not supported on these cards. They mask the EDIDs of the monitors, so the card sees only one (if you're lucky). The PC's BIOS is probably configured to only enable the onboard GPU if no discrete card is detected. You can probably change this to 'Always on' (or whatever) and then it should work.
Display splitters are not supported on these cards. They mask the EDIDs of the monitors, so the card sees only one (if you're lucky).

The PC's BIOS is probably configured to only enable the onboard GPU if no discrete card is detected. You can probably change this to 'Always on' (or whatever) and then it should work.

Core i5 4670K @ 4.3GHz with 4GHz uncore
Corsair H100 water cooler
8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC mobo
SLI eVGA GTX670 FTW (1227MHz boost 6800MHz VRAM)
Soundblaster Z with 5.1 speakers
112GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
240GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R case (white)
Akasa PowerXtreme 1200W PSU
HP ZR2740W 2560 x 1440 27" IPS panel
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Posted 11/15/2012 10:25 AM   
thanks for confirming the split screen option is not going to work. I have went into bios and ensured all vga stuff and the Dport is enabled. Still no success. I assume I am going to need to buy a new card. thanks
thanks for confirming the split screen option is not going to work.

I have went into bios and ensured all vga stuff and the Dport is enabled. Still no success. I assume I am going to need to buy a new card.

thanks

Posted 11/16/2012 04:57 AM   
Why can't you run one monitor off the DVI port via an adapter and the other directly off the VGA port on the card? That should work.
Why can't you run one monitor off the DVI port via an adapter and the other directly off the VGA port on the card? That should work.

Core i5 4670K @ 4.3GHz with 4GHz uncore
Corsair H100 water cooler
8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC mobo
SLI eVGA GTX670 FTW (1227MHz boost 6800MHz VRAM)
Soundblaster Z with 5.1 speakers
112GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
240GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R case (white)
Akasa PowerXtreme 1200W PSU
HP ZR2740W 2560 x 1440 27" IPS panel
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Posted 11/16/2012 01:14 PM   
Why don't you use 1 VGA on your GPU and 1 on your motherboard? If the VGA on the card doesn't work, try to reinstall the graphics card driver: http://www.geforce.com/drivers. If that still doesn't work right click on your desktop --> screen resolution --> indentify, or select 2 screens. Good luck!
Why don't you use 1 VGA on your GPU and 1 on your motherboard? If the VGA on the card doesn't work, try to reinstall the graphics card driver: http://www.geforce.com/drivers. If that still doesn't work right click on your desktop --> screen resolution --> indentify, or select 2 screens.

Good luck!

Posted 12/21/2012 01:55 PM   
Scroll To Top