Blurry text in Start Page and black corruption on menus - Windows 8
Hi I experience some issues with Windows 8 64bit and it seems is a very common one. After I set all to maximum quality in nvidia Panel i get this issues - all text and icons on Start Page are blurry and out of focus, appearing correctly only if i hover mouse over them. More than that, the settings pages/windows that i can access from Start page have blurry text and blackened textures, making them unreadable. If I restore settings to default, the problem is gone. I use latest beta drivers .
Hi
I experience some issues with Windows 8 64bit and it seems is a very common one. After I set all to maximum quality in nvidia Panel i get this issues - all text and icons on Start Page are blurry and out of focus, appearing correctly only if i hover mouse over them. More than that, the settings pages/windows that i can access from Start page have blurry text and blackened textures, making them unreadable.
If I restore settings to default, the problem is gone. I use latest beta drivers .

Posted 11/09/2012 09:37 AM   
Hi! I got the same problem. Before when I got Windows 7 everything looked clearly. When upgrading to Windows 8 pro the text is blurry and the icons in the menu is blurry too. When switching to desktopmode it looks good. The text look very strange in IE10. I tried to reinstall my geforce 680 driver but it did not help. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is a screenshot how it looks (You can see that with Mail, Skydrive, Camera, Maps, Music, and Store, the icons are all a little bit fuzzy) [url]http://www.eightforums.com/attachments/f1/f31/9600d1350430433-windows-8-tiles-blurry-out-focus-rwizb.png[/url]
Hi! I got the same problem. Before when I got Windows 7 everything looked clearly. When upgrading to Windows 8 pro the text is blurry and the icons in the menu is blurry too. When switching to desktopmode it looks good. The text look very strange in IE10. I tried to reinstall my geforce 680 driver but it did not help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Here is a screenshot how it looks (You can see that with Mail, Skydrive, Camera, Maps, Music, and Store, the icons are all a little bit fuzzy)
http://www.eightforums.com/attachments/f1/f31/9600d1350430433-windows-8-tiles-blurry-out-focus-rwizb.png

Posted 11/11/2012 08:00 PM   
Hi. Here is what I have: ASUS P9X79 LE, Socket-2011, KUN PC-PROD Intel® Core i7-3820 Processor Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB Gainward GeForce GTX 680 2GB PhysX CUDA I just upgraded the BIOS, chipset and the graphic card and Windows 8 update but I still got blurry text in all the Apps and the menu (Windows 8). When Im on the desktop Everything look crystal clear. Whats wrong? Its a new computer and new OS. Thanks
Hi. Here is what I have:

ASUS P9X79 LE, Socket-2011, KUN PC-PROD
Intel® Core i7-3820 Processor
Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 16GB
Gainward GeForce GTX 680 2GB PhysX CUDA

I just upgraded the BIOS, chipset and the graphic card and Windows 8 update but I still got blurry text in all the Apps and the menu (Windows 8). When Im on the desktop Everything look crystal clear.

Whats wrong? Its a new computer and new OS.

Thanks

Posted 11/13/2012 08:14 PM   
for the blurry texttry and adjust cleartype settings in config if that helps but for the black boxes around the desktop I have no solution for it maybe because win 8 uses dx11.1?
for the blurry texttry and adjust cleartype settings in config if that helps
but for the black boxes around the desktop I have no solution for it maybe because win 8 uses dx11.1?

Posted 11/14/2012 04:18 PM   
I have same problem and it's not Cleartype. Text is being shown at wrong font size and/or wrong screen location. It started after Windows update downloaded new Nvidia drivers on Tuesday. It's linked to IE10 and the Start menu apps tha use it, so desktop apps appear OK except that IE10 crashes on the desktop too. Google chrome is unaffected so this is some interaction between Nvidia drivers and IE10
I have same problem and it's not Cleartype. Text is being shown at wrong font size and/or wrong screen location. It started after Windows update downloaded new Nvidia drivers on Tuesday. It's linked to IE10 and the Start menu apps tha use it, so desktop apps appear OK except that IE10 crashes on the desktop too. Google chrome is unaffected so this is some interaction between Nvidia drivers and IE10

Posted 11/14/2012 08:02 PM   
Further to my post yesterday, I rolled back the driver using Device Manager to the original Windows8 driver and, surprise surprise, problem has gone away. My advice is to do the same and not accept driver auto-updates until NVidia get their act together
Further to my post yesterday, I rolled back the driver using Device Manager to the original Windows8 driver and, surprise surprise, problem has gone away. My advice is to do the same and not accept driver auto-updates until NVidia get their act together

Posted 11/15/2012 10:19 PM   
[quote="SteveF161"]Further to my post yesterday, I rolled back the driver using Device Manager to the original Windows8 driver and, surprise surprise, problem has gone away. My advice is to do the same and not accept driver auto-updates until NVidia get their act together[/quote] I did what steve said and, lo and behold, the problems went away. Can we get a Mod or an Admin in here to sticky this/bring it to NVIDIA's attention? Jesus christ. Also, STOP MAKING PEOPLE SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY BLOODY WEBSITE. I SPENT TEN MINUTES FILLING IN FORMS AND CHECKING EMAILS JUST TO BE ABLE TO HELP FIX A PROBLEM *NVIDIA* CREATED. Honestly. If you want random strangers on the internet to fucking solve your business issues for you, then at least MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM TO CONTRIBUTE, fuckers.
SteveF161 said:Further to my post yesterday, I rolled back the driver using Device Manager to the original Windows8 driver and, surprise surprise, problem has gone away. My advice is to do the same and not accept driver auto-updates until NVidia get their act together

I did what steve said and, lo and behold, the problems went away. Can we get a Mod or an Admin in here to sticky this/bring it to NVIDIA's attention? Jesus christ.

Also, STOP MAKING PEOPLE SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY BLOODY WEBSITE. I SPENT TEN MINUTES FILLING IN FORMS AND CHECKING EMAILS JUST TO BE ABLE TO HELP FIX A PROBLEM *NVIDIA* CREATED. Honestly. If you want random strangers on the internet to fucking solve your business issues for you, then at least MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM TO CONTRIBUTE, fuckers.

Posted 12/03/2012 02:59 AM   
I know what it is, Windows 8 Metro Interface is detected by Nvidia Control Painel as a 3D program, but Metro interface is not compatible with MSAA, FXAA and even TXAA than this black squares apears in home screen, some cases in the config. menu etc. So just desable any Antialiasing mode in Control Painel or mark "Let aplication decides" in home screen of Control Painel until Nvidia solve this inssue.
I know what it is, Windows 8 Metro Interface is detected by Nvidia Control Painel as a 3D program, but Metro interface is not compatible with MSAA, FXAA and even TXAA than this black squares apears in home screen, some cases in the config. menu etc. So just desable any Antialiasing mode in Control Painel or mark "Let aplication decides" in home screen of Control Painel until Nvidia solve this inssue.

Posted 01/01/2013 11:22 PM   
[quote="kokero"] I know what it is, Windows 8 Metro Interface is detected by Nvidia Control Painel as a 3D program, but Metro interface is not compatible with MSAA, FXAA and even TXAA than this black squares apears in home screen, some cases in the config. menu etc. So just desable any Antialiasing mode in Control Painel or mark "Let aplication decides" in home screen of Control Painel until Nvidia solve this inssue.[/quote] I've always blamed Microsoft for this issue. I haven't had the Start menu bug for a while now but the Metro (Or 'Modern') control panel has been completely black and blurry as hell which has been annoying since I use it often. Your advice is probably the best one I've seen on the internet since re installing drivers/OS doesn't cut it, even temporarily. The FXAA is what is causing the black and blurry issue (Using GTX 560Ti) on my computer. Great advice. :) (I can't even notice, nor care about FXAA anyway.)
kokero said: I know what it is, Windows 8 Metro Interface is detected by Nvidia Control Painel as a 3D program, but Metro interface is not compatible with MSAA, FXAA and even TXAA than this black squares apears in home screen, some cases in the config. menu etc. So just desable any Antialiasing mode in Control Painel or mark "Let aplication decides" in home screen of Control Painel until Nvidia solve this inssue.

I've always blamed Microsoft for this issue. I haven't had the Start menu bug for a while now but the Metro (Or 'Modern') control panel has been completely black and blurry as hell which has been annoying since I use it often. Your advice is probably the best one I've seen on the internet since re installing drivers/OS doesn't cut it, even temporarily. The FXAA is what is causing the black and blurry issue (Using GTX 560Ti) on my computer. Great advice. :)
(I can't even notice, nor care about FXAA anyway.)

Posted 01/12/2013 04:43 PM   
hey, try disabling anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and FXAA, on your GPU settings THIS MAY WORK
hey, try disabling anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and FXAA, on your GPU settings

THIS MAY WORK

Posted 01/22/2013 10:17 AM   
Screen blur on the windows desktop is mainly due to FXAA. Do not set FXAA to ON globally.
Screen blur on the windows desktop is mainly due to FXAA.

Do not set FXAA to ON globally.

eVGA Z68 SLI | Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series H80i
8GB G.Skill Sniper Series DDR3 | EVGA GTX 580 | OCZ ZX 1000W
OCZ Agility3 120 GB SSD + SanDisk Ultra 120GB SSD
Samsung UN55D6000 + Samsung T240
Win8 Pro x64 / WEI - 8.0 - 8.0 - 8.1 - 8.1 - 7.8
3DMark11 - P7545 / Vantage (PPU disabled) - P28859
F@H Team: 142900

Posted 01/22/2013 02:56 PM   
Scroll To Top