GeForce GTX 550 Ti Overheating
Ever since I've had the GTX 550 Ti I've struggled to play certain games (Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 especially). Today my card got really hot (80 Celcius) while playing D3 and the game crashed. I let my computer calm down for a couple hours while I was doing some web browsing. It flat lined at 41 Celcius. A couple hours later I went to play DOTA 2 and my card was getting up to 70 C and I was experiencing crazy lag. Normally I have absolutely no problems playing DOTA 2. What's the deal? Did my card get fried or something that easily? I checked my fans they all seem to be running fine. Any suggestions? How can I fix this problem? I cut my computer off for a bit and now I'm on my laptop. I'm gonna try and DOTA again in about a half hour, but I'm worried something may be wrong with my card.
Ever since I've had the GTX 550 Ti I've struggled to play certain games (Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 especially). Today my card got really hot (80 Celcius) while playing D3 and the game crashed. I let my computer calm down for a couple hours while I was doing some web browsing. It flat lined at 41 Celcius. A couple hours later I went to play DOTA 2 and my card was getting up to 70 C and I was experiencing crazy lag. Normally I have absolutely no problems playing DOTA 2. What's the deal? Did my card get fried or something that easily? I checked my fans they all seem to be running fine. Any suggestions? How can I fix this problem? I cut my computer off for a bit and now I'm on my laptop. I'm gonna try and DOTA again in about a half hour, but I'm worried something may be wrong with my card.

Posted 06/25/2012 10:48 PM   
80C is not going to fry the card, many cards run that as their target fan profile from the factory (my 680 does). 90C+ is hot, and 100C is where it may shut down/throttle hard to stop thermal run-away.
80C is not going to fry the card, many cards run that as their target fan profile from the factory (my 680 does). 90C+ is hot, and 100C is where it may shut down/throttle hard to stop thermal run-away.

Posted 06/25/2012 11:33 PM   
So what exactly could be causing my GPU to run so hot all of a sudden? Right now I've got it downclocked with the side panel off and its still running 72 degrees. While it may not be damaging my card it certainly shouldn't be running that hot.
So what exactly could be causing my GPU to run so hot all of a sudden? Right now I've got it downclocked with the side panel off and its still running 72 degrees. While it may not be damaging my card it certainly shouldn't be running that hot.

Posted 06/26/2012 12:19 AM   
the problem in your case is the dust , try to get ride of dust in fan using Vacuum cleaner , blow the dust out
the problem in your case is the dust , try to get ride of dust in fan using Vacuum cleaner , blow the dust out

Posted 06/27/2012 11:44 AM   
Scroll To Top