Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver GTX 560 SOC
  1 / 2    
Hello ...

I have bought a Computer for 5 months and was working good
But since this problem started to show "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 stopped responding and has recovered"
Followed by a black screen and hangs and if repeated more than 5 times at the same time .. a blue screen Comes and the computer restarts
Began to appear in turn when I play any game uses DirectX or even when I open a large video or large images or when running FireFox and at any time
Tried many ways to search the Internet
And I have tried these solutions:
1- Changes the driver for most of the old and new versions after making a clean uninstall to drivers using sweeper and install drivers with versions 275.33 and 285.62 and the driver of the disc I have got with my card and the older version of the site and GigaByte and other versions ... But The problem still happen
2- Format my computer more than 4 times and I have switched between versions of Windows Seven Ultimate x64 & x86 and switch to install and driver of windows first and the nvidia first . .. But The problem still happen
3- I have delete the definition Realtek audio because it is inconsistent with the definitions of the card .. But The problem still happen
4- I made changes in the Registery as found in some sites to change the response time for Windows TDR .. But The problem still happen
5- I delete the program "VIRTU" incompatible with the definitions as they say on other sites .. But The problem still happen
6- I have Deactivate the in-Board graphics card and uninstall it .. But The problem still happen
7- I thought that the problem of heat so I bought two Cooling fan from CoolarMaster and the heat of the card does not exceed 45 in any case before buying it .. and The problem still happen
8- I restore the original settings of the Bios of the start windows page to re-adjust the settings for voltage and origins .. note that I originally did not change it .. and The problem still happen
9- I had eject the card from it's place and clean it and clean the ram and ram port and all the board .. But The problem still happen
10- Changed the wires hooked up with the screen .. But The problem still happen
11- I did not break the speed of work for the card and the problem occurred automatically when the device a month ago

I do not know what solution and I do not know what the problem :( !!!!!!!!!
Is it Hardware or Software ??
I have to use the warranty ??
What other solutions available !!

Specifications of my computer :
intel core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz / cache 6 mB
Ram 4 gigabyte G.Skill DDR3 1600 MHz
Mother Board: ASRock Z68 Pro3
Hard: 500 GB WD Blue
Power Supply: 500 Watt
VGA: GigaByte NVIDIA GTX 560 Super Over Clock 1 GigaByte DDR 5
Name card "GV-N56GSO-1GI"
Link card: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3932 # sp

I can't play any of my games ,,, I have an old computer with ati HD 4550 1 GB ddr3 I didn't found any problem when I was using it :( .. but this :(
Please Please help me :( :( (!!

Sorry for my bad English
Hello ...

I have bought a Computer for 5 months and was working good

But since this problem started to show "Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 stopped responding and has recovered"

Followed by a black screen and hangs and if repeated more than 5 times at the same time .. a blue screen Comes and the computer restarts

Began to appear in turn when I play any game uses DirectX or even when I open a large video or large images or when running FireFox and at any time

Tried many ways to search the Internet

And I have tried these solutions:

1- Changes the driver for most of the old and new versions after making a clean uninstall to drivers using sweeper and install drivers with versions 275.33 and 285.62 and the driver of the disc I have got with my card and the older version of the site and GigaByte and other versions ... But The problem still happen

2- Format my computer more than 4 times and I have switched between versions of Windows Seven Ultimate x64 & x86 and switch to install and driver of windows first and the nvidia first . .. But The problem still happen

3- I have delete the definition Realtek audio because it is inconsistent with the definitions of the card .. But The problem still happen

4- I made changes in the Registery as found in some sites to change the response time for Windows TDR .. But The problem still happen

5- I delete the program "VIRTU" incompatible with the definitions as they say on other sites .. But The problem still happen

6- I have Deactivate the in-Board graphics card and uninstall it .. But The problem still happen

7- I thought that the problem of heat so I bought two Cooling fan from CoolarMaster and the heat of the card does not exceed 45 in any case before buying it .. and The problem still happen

8- I restore the original settings of the Bios of the start windows page to re-adjust the settings for voltage and origins .. note that I originally did not change it .. and The problem still happen

9- I had eject the card from it's place and clean it and clean the ram and ram port and all the board .. But The problem still happen

10- Changed the wires hooked up with the screen .. But The problem still happen

11- I did not break the speed of work for the card and the problem occurred automatically when the device a month ago

I do not know what solution and I do not know what the problem :( !!!!!!!!!

Is it Hardware or Software ??

I have to use the warranty ??

What other solutions available !!

Specifications of my computer :

intel core i5 2500k 3.3 GHz / cache 6 mB

Ram 4 gigabyte G.Skill DDR3 1600 MHz

Mother Board: ASRock Z68 Pro3

Hard: 500 GB WD Blue

Power Supply: 500 Watt

VGA: GigaByte NVIDIA GTX 560 Super Over Clock 1 GigaByte DDR 5

Name card "GV-N56GSO-1GI"

Link card: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3932 # sp

I can't play any of my games ,,, I have an old computer with ati HD 4550 1 GB ddr3 I didn't found any problem when I was using it :( .. but this :(

Please Please help me :( :( (!!

Sorry for my bad English

Posted 06/25/2012 04:54 PM   
Please help me
I can't do any thing ... I can't use photoshop
Please help me

I can't do any thing ... I can't use photoshop

Posted 06/25/2012 05:35 PM   
Dear Nvidia,

I am having what appears to be exactly the same issue as the user above, and so are reasonable number of other users. Mostly it happens when I'm trying to play Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, usually within 10 minutes of starting the game, but it has happened simply while watching a flash video. I have noticed that this, or at least a very similar issue seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. I've underclocked, moved the card to another slot, driver-swept, bios-flashed, updated, downdated, sidedated used another video cable, re-seated the card, replaced my RAM, twiddled the registry and just about sacrificed my cats to get the card to cooperate, but as you can tell by this post, nothing has worked so far.

Now I understand that Nvidia is a big, busy company, with lots of people doing important things, like developing the latest in 3D presentation technology, so I have developed a certain level of expectation that you indeed have the man/woman-power to assist us... the people who have up to now, faithfully purchased Nvidia product after Nvidia product. We're just the average joe, saving up diligently to be able to afford your technology... and at the same time trusting that you will do right by us, and actually sell us products that work. I just want to ask you a question... what level of functionality do you in fact take responsibility for? You have reams of fancy lawyer-talk in your many disclaimers and end user license agreements that seem to imply that you can sell us bricks, dressed up as graphics cards and we would have no reason to complain. And in a sense, thats exactly what you've done and judging by your lack of a reasonable response to the many posts I see here and around the Internet you really are taking your disclaimers and licenses seriously. I was under the impression you were obligated by law to sell products that work as advertised but again, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Anyhow... I'm going to do something undeservedly generous... I'm going to commit some of my time (since I've already committed my money) to helping you fix your driver issues. I am running the Gigabyte GTX670.. and I'll be happy to supply any other details you might need to fix the issue. You have my contact details, so if you feel the need to satisfy this customer, you can respond here or directly, and I'll be happy to help you solve the problem.

I realise that this post will probably fall on your deaf, corporate ears and that my reward for trusting in your products will probably be a few more weeks of anger and frustration, with endless Googling in the vain hope that someone in the by now incredibly patient community has figured it out... as you focus on producing eye-torturing new 3D technology, delaying a resolution until you can wipe your hands clean and declare that these cards are now end of line and don't warrant supporting anymore. The sooner the better, right?

If I've somehow missed the solution in all the forums and 'knowledge bases' forgive me. It just seemed like nobody was having any luck. (Which one shouldn't really be relying on when it comes to expensive graphics cards, but at this stage I'll take anything)

Best Regards
Joedamage
Potential ATI Customer
Dear Nvidia,

I am having what appears to be exactly the same issue as the user above, and so are reasonable number of other users. Mostly it happens when I'm trying to play Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, usually within 10 minutes of starting the game, but it has happened simply while watching a flash video. I have noticed that this, or at least a very similar issue seems to be doing the rounds at the moment. I've underclocked, moved the card to another slot, driver-swept, bios-flashed, updated, downdated, sidedated used another video cable, re-seated the card, replaced my RAM, twiddled the registry and just about sacrificed my cats to get the card to cooperate, but as you can tell by this post, nothing has worked so far.

Now I understand that Nvidia is a big, busy company, with lots of people doing important things, like developing the latest in 3D presentation technology, so I have developed a certain level of expectation that you indeed have the man/woman-power to assist us... the people who have up to now, faithfully purchased Nvidia product after Nvidia product. We're just the average joe, saving up diligently to be able to afford your technology... and at the same time trusting that you will do right by us, and actually sell us products that work. I just want to ask you a question... what level of functionality do you in fact take responsibility for? You have reams of fancy lawyer-talk in your many disclaimers and end user license agreements that seem to imply that you can sell us bricks, dressed up as graphics cards and we would have no reason to complain. And in a sense, thats exactly what you've done and judging by your lack of a reasonable response to the many posts I see here and around the Internet you really are taking your disclaimers and licenses seriously. I was under the impression you were obligated by law to sell products that work as advertised but again, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Anyhow... I'm going to do something undeservedly generous... I'm going to commit some of my time (since I've already committed my money) to helping you fix your driver issues. I am running the Gigabyte GTX670.. and I'll be happy to supply any other details you might need to fix the issue. You have my contact details, so if you feel the need to satisfy this customer, you can respond here or directly, and I'll be happy to help you solve the problem.

I realise that this post will probably fall on your deaf, corporate ears and that my reward for trusting in your products will probably be a few more weeks of anger and frustration, with endless Googling in the vain hope that someone in the by now incredibly patient community has figured it out... as you focus on producing eye-torturing new 3D technology, delaying a resolution until you can wipe your hands clean and declare that these cards are now end of line and don't warrant supporting anymore. The sooner the better, right?

If I've somehow missed the solution in all the forums and 'knowledge bases' forgive me. It just seemed like nobody was having any luck. (Which one shouldn't really be relying on when it comes to expensive graphics cards, but at this stage I'll take anything)

Best Regards

Joedamage

Potential ATI Customer

Posted 06/25/2012 06:03 PM   
not tried 304.48?
not tried 304.48?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WDHDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD BlackCase:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 06/26/2012 03:59 AM   
[quote name='Sora' date='26 June 2012 - 05:59 AM' timestamp='1340683159' post='1426608']
not tried 304.48?
[/quote]
Tried it... no luck.
[quote name='Sora' date='26 June 2012 - 05:59 AM' timestamp='1340683159' post='1426608']

not tried 304.48?

Tried it... no luck.

Posted 06/26/2012 10:07 AM   
whered you get that 500w psu from?
whered you get that 500w psu from?

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WDHDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD BlackCase:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 06/26/2012 03:50 PM   
I can't find driver 304.48 for my card
my power supply : CORSAIR CX500 V2 80 PLUS PSU
I hope any one help me
I started to hate this company "Nvidia"
I can't play any game ,,,
can't browse any web site without this problem ...
can't work on my phtoshop or after affects ...
can't do any thing ... I just waste my money :(

hope you help me :(
I can't find driver 304.48 for my card

my power supply : CORSAIR CX500 V2 80 PLUS PSU

I hope any one help me

I started to hate this company "Nvidia"

I can't play any game ,,,

can't browse any web site without this problem ...

can't work on my phtoshop or after affects ...

can't do any thing ... I just waste my money :(

hope you help me :(

Posted 06/26/2012 10:58 PM   
How long have you owned that PSU for? The 560 stock requires 500w, this is in a basic system with few hdd's and components

that overclocked 560 could need closer to 550w and the psu;s 80% rating is only within the first 2 years. after that it starts to drop as electrical components wear.
How long have you owned that PSU for? The 560 stock requires 500w, this is in a basic system with few hdd's and components

that overclocked 560 could need closer to 550w and the psu;s 80% rating is only within the first 2 years. after that it starts to drop as electrical components wear.

Posted 06/26/2012 11:20 PM   
Well I'm not a gamer but I do work a lot with HD video and since I updated to the latest drivers "301.42" it has been practically HELL.

Computer will crash just a few seconds I start playing back an HD video in full screen mode.

I had a lot of work to do with other things besides video editing so I started working with Photoshop and when I was using the magnifier BAM, crashed again.

It's getting so unbearable that I just want to take the damn video card off the computer and use the internal one so I can get at least some work done.

Is there ANY FIX already for this?
Well I'm not a gamer but I do work a lot with HD video and since I updated to the latest drivers "301.42" it has been practically HELL.

Computer will crash just a few seconds I start playing back an HD video in full screen mode.

I had a lot of work to do with other things besides video editing so I started working with Photoshop and when I was using the magnifier BAM, crashed again.

It's getting so unbearable that I just want to take the damn video card off the computer and use the internal one so I can get at least some work done.

Is there ANY FIX already for this?

Posted 06/27/2012 02:10 AM   
I am having the same problem as Abdu-abdu with my GTX 560 Ti no matter what I do. The only diference is once the kernel recovers my pc is fine except for the programs that closed from using the gpu while the kernel wasn't responding. I have checked all my hardware, uninstalled the drivers several ways, and I have even contacted live chat with NVIDIA Spport twice but nothing seems to work.
I am having the same problem as Abdu-abdu with my GTX 560 Ti no matter what I do. The only diference is once the kernel recovers my pc is fine except for the programs that closed from using the gpu while the kernel wasn't responding. I have checked all my hardware, uninstalled the drivers several ways, and I have even contacted live chat with NVIDIA Spport twice but nothing seems to work.

Posted 06/28/2012 04:24 PM   
i am having the same issue wish my 560se that i just bought. Mainly when just browsing the internet and getting on youtube.

my rig set up
motherboard ASUS M5A99X EVO 990X
cpu phenom 960T
ram - 8gb(2x4) G.Skill ripjaw pc3 1333
video card - EVGA GTX 560se r
hdd - 1 bt wd
dvd - LG dvd burner
power supply - Rosewill hive 550W
5 120mm led fans
i am having the same issue wish my 560se that i just bought. Mainly when just browsing the internet and getting on youtube.

my rig set up

motherboard ASUS M5A99X EVO 990X

cpu phenom 960T

ram - 8gb(2x4) G.Skill ripjaw pc3 1333

video card - EVGA GTX 560se r

hdd - 1 bt wd

dvd - LG dvd burner

power supply - Rosewill hive 550W

5 120mm led fans

Posted 06/28/2012 07:58 PM   
is there a known cure for this? any solution? coz im having the same problem now with my 550ti sonic ed. and i cant find answers anywhere
is there a known cure for this? any solution? coz im having the same problem now with my 550ti sonic ed. and i cant find answers anywhere

Posted 06/30/2012 09:08 AM   
If any one else is having the same problem and is reading this please make a post and contact NVIDIA with a link to this thread. We need to gather as many people as possible with this same problem to get NVIDIA's attention for a fix.
If any one else is having the same problem and is reading this please make a post and contact NVIDIA with a link to this thread. We need to gather as many people as possible with this same problem to get NVIDIA's attention for a fix.

Posted 07/01/2012 04:49 AM   
Have a read of this: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59211

I own a GTX680 and suffer this problem as well. I do not use onboard audio though.

I disabled the HD audio on the GPU and am testing my system to see if it made a difference.

If this is the solution at this point then I suspect those who require the GPU to stream audio will be damned frustrated.
Have a read of this: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=59211

I own a GTX680 and suffer this problem as well. I do not use onboard audio though.

I disabled the HD audio on the GPU and am testing my system to see if it made a difference.

If this is the solution at this point then I suspect those who require the GPU to stream audio will be damned frustrated.

Posted 07/02/2012 02:58 AM   
I have the same problem with GTX680 SLI -

On Mon 02/07/2012 08:27:01 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070212-7082-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xD431A4)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800C234010, 0xFFFFF8800FD6F1A4, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Alienware are saying definitively that this is a software problem and are offering to replace with AMD or GTX690 - though not available for a month or so.

Does anyone have an email to contact Nvidia - unless Im being thick it seems to be quite elusive on their site.
I have the same problem with GTX680 SLI -

On Mon 02/07/2012 08:27:01 GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070212-7082-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xD431A4)

Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800C234010, 0xFFFFF8800FD6F1A4, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)

Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42

company: NVIDIA Corporation

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42

Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 301.42 , NVIDIA Corporation).

Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Alienware are saying definitively that this is a software problem and are offering to replace with AMD or GTX690 - though not available for a month or so.

Does anyone have an email to contact Nvidia - unless Im being thick it seems to be quite elusive on their site.

Posted 07/02/2012 09:41 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top