GTX 560 Ti Overheating
Hello,

I have owned my gtx 560 ti for less than a year now and yesterday it began over heating while playing Diablo3. The first time it happened the whole graphics driver crashed and my computer had to be restarted.
I then downloaded MSI afterburner to check to see if the card was overheating launched D3 and sure enough the temp steadily climbed to 100 C before I exited.

I then checked to see if the fans were spinning. No they were not spinning.

I took out the card dusted it, detached the fans to insure there were no obstructions, and then properly reattached the fans. This did not affect anything.

I researched this forum and came across many responses indicating to move core voltage to 1063. I did this, but no affect.

So I am here today wondering is my card dead? Will I have to replace a less than one year old card? What does this mean to you? Thank you response is greatly appreciated.
Hello,

I have owned my gtx 560 ti for less than a year now and yesterday it began over heating while playing Diablo3. The first time it happened the whole graphics driver crashed and my computer had to be restarted.

I then downloaded MSI afterburner to check to see if the card was overheating launched D3 and sure enough the temp steadily climbed to 100 C before I exited.

I took out the card dusted it, detached the fans to insure there were no obstructions, and then properly reattached the fans. This did not affect anything.

I researched this forum and came across many responses indicating to move core voltage to 1063. I did this, but no affect.

So I am here today wondering is my card dead? Will I have to replace a less than one year old card? What does this mean to you? Thank you response is greatly appreciated.

Posted 06/23/2012 03:55 PM   
check ur powersupply , card usually overheats due to less powersupply .. which motherboard u using?
check ur powersupply , card usually overheats due to less powersupply .. which motherboard u using?

Posted 06/23/2012 11:40 PM   
DUDE DON'T EVEN BOTHER... RMA!!!!!!!

I'm sure they will take it back. Which company is it?? Asus?
DUDE DON'T EVEN BOTHER... RMA!!!!!!!

I'm sure they will take it back. Which company is it?? Asus?

PProcessor: i7 3930K 3.2 stock @ 4.50
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Deluxe
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Memory: 24GB Kingston HyperX triple channel
Video Card(s): Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4GBDDR5 X2 SLI
Hard Disk(s): Mushkin Chronos Primary, OCZ Agility 2 60GB SSD X2, Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 X2
Optical Drive: LG Blu Ray Burner
Monitor: Benq XL2420T 24" LED Gaming Monitor
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
Sound Card: Onboard
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Power 1000W
Software: Win 7 x64 Ultimate

Posted 06/24/2012 04:19 AM   
try to gt ride dust in your card by using vacuumer blow the dust out
try to gt ride dust in your card by using vacuumer blow the dust out

Posted 06/27/2012 04:42 PM   
I bet $100 it just needs new thermal paste.
I bet $100 it just needs new thermal paste.

2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW - SLI || Asus P8Z77-V LK || Intel i7 -3770k|| 16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600 DDR3 || Samsung 830 128 GB || SeaSonic X-750 || Corsair Carbide 300r ||

Posted 06/27/2012 07:11 PM   
[quote]I then checked to see if the fans were spinning. No they were not spinning. [/quote]
This -
Can't stay cool if the fans don't spin. Nothing to do with core voltage. That only applies to factory OC's that are not stable with stock voltage.
Don't matter if there is no dust. Sounds like you need to RMA, assuming you have not stuffed around with the card and removed the heat-sink - voiding your warranty.

This -

Can't stay cool if the fans don't spin. Nothing to do with core voltage. That only applies to factory OC's that are not stable with stock voltage.

Don't matter if there is no dust. Sounds like you need to RMA, assuming you have not stuffed around with the card and removed the heat-sink - voiding your warranty.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 06/28/2012 04:06 AM   
Scroll To Top