"Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"
I've been getting the 'pink screen of death' whenever I fullscreen a youtube video for more than a few minutes. I've read that the solution to this is to update your driver to version 301.42, yet when I download it from the Nvidia site and attempt to update, I get an error message that the "graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" on my system. This seems odd, as I have a GeForce GTX 560M on my Asus G74S, especially since this is a fairly new laptop. How do I resolve this?

I've looked around these boards and elsewhere and this problem has been mentioned, but as far as I can tell none of the threads actually proposed a solution. The error is basically the same as the problem mentioned in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4S1An96CM . Yet that video doesn't really help me because he is fixing the error for an earlier driver version, and file names and paths don't seem to be the same.

Thanks.
I've been getting the 'pink screen of death' whenever I fullscreen a youtube video for more than a few minutes. I've read that the solution to this is to update your driver to version 301.42, yet when I download it from the Nvidia site and attempt to update, I get an error message that the "graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" on my system. This seems odd, as I have a GeForce GTX 560M on my Asus G74S, especially since this is a fairly new laptop. How do I resolve this?

I've looked around these boards and elsewhere and this problem has been mentioned, but as far as I can tell none of the threads actually proposed a solution. The error is basically the same as the problem mentioned in this youtube video: . Yet that video doesn't really help me because he is fixing the error for an earlier driver version, and file names and paths don't seem to be the same.

Thanks.

Posted 06/09/2012 05:18 PM   
[quote name='wkndwrrr' date='09 June 2012 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1339262303' post='1419515']

I've looked around these boards and elsewhere and this problem has been mentioned, but as far as I can tell none of the threads actually proposed a solution. The error is basically the same as the problem mentioned in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4S1An96CM . Yet that video doesn't really help me because he is fixing the error for an earlier driver version, and file names and paths don't seem to be the same.

Thanks.
[/quote]
most laptop manufacturer's require you to get the graphics card driver from them.
as for youtube disable hardware accelleration in the youtube settings, (it worked for me).
[quote name='wkndwrrr' date='09 June 2012 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1339262303' post='1419515']

I've looked around these boards and elsewhere and this problem has been mentioned, but as far as I can tell none of the threads actually proposed a solution. The error is basically the same as the problem mentioned in this youtube video: . Yet that video doesn't really help me because he is fixing the error for an earlier driver version, and file names and paths don't seem to be the same.

Thanks.

most laptop manufacturer's require you to get the graphics card driver from them.

as for youtube disable hardware accelleration in the youtube settings, (it worked for me).

Posted 06/09/2012 06:21 PM   
[quote name='BERRRR' date='09 June 2012 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1339266103' post='1419532']
[/quote]

Your suggestion regarding disabling hardware acceleration seems to have worked. Thanks! However, as far as I can tell you cannot update Nvidia GeForce drivers from any site other than the Nvidia site- or at least, it's not an option on the Asus site.
[quote name='BERRRR' date='09 June 2012 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1339266103' post='1419532']

Your suggestion regarding disabling hardware acceleration seems to have worked. Thanks! However, as far as I can tell you cannot update Nvidia GeForce drivers from any site other than the Nvidia site- or at least, it's not an option on the Asus site.

Posted 06/09/2012 08:59 PM   
Sort of a bump, but I actually had a re-occurrence of the pink screen problem despite disabling hardware acceleration. I still cannot update the driver, either. Anything else I can try?
Sort of a bump, but I actually had a re-occurrence of the pink screen problem despite disabling hardware acceleration. I still cannot update the driver, either. Anything else I can try?

Posted 06/13/2012 12:50 AM   
[quote name='wkndwrrr' date='12 June 2012 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1339548653' post='1420644']
[/quote]
some have had luck by performing a complete clean install of windows.
but first are you following the nvidia driver install instructions?
when you install their driver click the advanced option and then choose
clean install.
[quote name='wkndwrrr' date='12 June 2012 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1339548653' post='1420644']

some have had luck by performing a complete clean install of windows.

but first are you following the nvidia driver install instructions?

when you install their driver click the advanced option and then choose

clean install.

Posted 06/13/2012 01:16 AM   
I'd prefer to avoid re-installing windows if possible. Regarding doing a clean install of the driver, that doesn't seem to be an option. I can't install the driver at all; I click setup.exe, the Nvidia driver installer loads, does an initial check for system compatibility, but then informs me that my system doesn't have the proper Nvidia hardware (i.e. the thread title), despite the fact that I clearly do. I've also discovered that this happens if I go back and try to install an older version of the driver.
I'd prefer to avoid re-installing windows if possible. Regarding doing a clean install of the driver, that doesn't seem to be an option. I can't install the driver at all; I click setup.exe, the Nvidia driver installer loads, does an initial check for system compatibility, but then informs me that my system doesn't have the proper Nvidia hardware (i.e. the thread title), despite the fact that I clearly do. I've also discovered that this happens if I go back and try to install an older version of the driver.

Posted 06/14/2012 12:47 AM   
have you used the Nvidia tech support to file a tech issue?
thats what you should do now this way they will contact you
and try and come up with a fix, once in a blue moon a Nvidia
tech will help you from the user forum.
have you used the Nvidia tech support to file a tech issue?

thats what you should do now this way they will contact you

and try and come up with a fix, once in a blue moon a Nvidia

tech will help you from the user forum.

Posted 06/14/2012 01:27 AM   
Scroll To Top