Max Payne 3 PC Graphics XML Document
Here is the graphics xml below, can anyone explain some of the values if you understand them?, for example, in the max payne 3 game menu i have anisotropic at x16 but the xml shows a value of "4" i presume Rockstars number value here equates to 16 x anisotropic yeah?. I have the SSAO setting in game but the xml value shows "0" , i presumed a 0 (zero) means off?. And lastly i have MSAA off in the games settings but as you can see the Rockstar xml value ="1". And also the water in game is set to very high but the xml value ="2" but the other very high settings value ="3". The game looks great and plays superb i'm just curious about Rockstars xml values compared to the in-game settings. 1 = on and 0 = off, someone over at the max payne 3 steam forum did mention replacing 1 with 0 and making the xml document read only but this prevents in game settings being adjusted on the fly, the individual claims the MSSA value should ="0", if you don't make the document read only it will automatically revert back to the value="1", haha!. No big deal really but i'm curious that's all.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Graphics Version="1">
<Resolution value="69"/>
<Width value="1920"/>
<Height value="1080"/>
<RefreshRate value="119"/>
<Fullscreen value="1"/>
<TextureQuality value="2"/>
[size="3"][i][b] <AnisotropicQuality value="4"/>[/b][/i][/size]
<Vsync value="1"/>
[size="3"][i][b]<SSAO value="0"/>[/b][/i][/size]
<ShadowQuality value="3"/>
<ReflectionQuality value="3"/>
[size="3"][i][b] <WaterQuality value="2"/>[/b][/i][/size]
<FXAA value="3"/>
<Tessellation value="3"/>
<HighQualityShaders value="1"/>
<DirectXVersion value="3"/>
[size="3"][i][b] <MSAA value="1"/>[/b][/i][/size]
<3DVisionEnable value="1"/>
<3DVisionConvergence value="7.000000"/>
<3DVisionSeparation value="10.000000"/>
</Graphics>
Here is the graphics xml below, can anyone explain some of the values if you understand them?, for example, in the max payne 3 game menu i have anisotropic at x16 but the xml shows a value of "4" i presume Rockstars number value here equates to 16 x anisotropic yeah?. I have the SSAO setting in game but the xml value shows "0" , i presumed a 0 (zero) means off?. And lastly i have MSAA off in the games settings but as you can see the Rockstar xml value ="1". And also the water in game is set to very high but the xml value ="2" but the other very high settings value ="3". The game looks great and plays superb i'm just curious about Rockstars xml values compared to the in-game settings. 1 = on and 0 = off, someone over at the max payne 3 steam forum did mention replacing 1 with 0 and making the xml document read only but this prevents in game settings being adjusted on the fly, the individual claims the MSSA value should ="0", if you don't make the document read only it will automatically revert back to the value="1", haha!. No big deal really but i'm curious that's all.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Graphics Version="1">

<Resolution value="69"/>

<Width value="1920"/>

<Height value="1080"/>

<RefreshRate value="119"/>

<Fullscreen value="1"/>

<TextureQuality value="2"/>

<AnisotropicQuality value="4"/>

<Vsync value="1"/>

<SSAO value="0"/>

<ShadowQuality value="3"/>

<ReflectionQuality value="3"/>

<WaterQuality value="2"/>

<FXAA value="3"/>

<Tessellation value="3"/>

<HighQualityShaders value="1"/>

<DirectXVersion value="3"/>

<MSAA value="1"/>

<3DVisionEnable value="1"/>

<3DVisionConvergence value="7.000000"/>

<3DVisionSeparation value="10.000000"/>

</Graphics>

Posted 06/08/2012 08:25 PM   
Graphics Version="1"
Resolution value="69" [b]<- [i]I'm not sure but I think this value represents the aspect ratio in this case 16:9[/i][/b]

Width value="1920" [b]<-[i]This is the resoultions width and height.[/i][/b]
Height value="1080"

RefreshRate value="119" [b]<-[i] Refresh rate you are using.[/i][/b]

Fullscreen value="1" [b]<-[i]This is simply 1 = fullscreen and 0 = windowed.[/i][/b]

TextureQuality value="2" [b]<-[i]This value dictates the texture quality. The number starts and zero and goes up from there.[/i][/b]

[size="3"][b] [u]AnisotropicQuality value="4"[/u][/size] <-[i]This is the same as the texture quality it starts at zero and goes up with each setting eg. 4=16x 3=8x 2=4x 1=2x 0=none[/i][/b]

Vsync value="1" [i][b]<-Same as above [/b][/i]

[size="3"][b][u]SSAO value="0"[/u][/size] <-[i] SSAO cannot be disabled so this is the lowest setting.[/i][/b]

ShadowQuality value="3"
ReflectionQuality value="3"

[size="3"][b] [u]WaterQuality value="2"[/u][/size] <-[i]Once again this is the onlt the selection number meaning you choose the highest setting but there where only 3, 0=Low 1=Medium and 2=High[/i][/b]

FXAA value="3"
Tessellation value="3"
HighQualityShaders value="1"
DirectXVersion value="3"

[size="3"][b] [u]MSAA value="1"[/u][/size] <-[i]I'm not 100% sure but I know when using a lower Directx this is set to 0 because it is not supported. Perhaps 1 is the lowest setting on Directx 11[/i][/b]

3DVisionEnable value="1"
3DVisionConvergence value="7.000000"
3DVisionSeparation value="10.000000"
Graphics Version="1"

Resolution value="69" <- I'm not sure but I think this value represents the aspect ratio in this case 16:9

Width value="1920" <-This is the resoultions width and height.

Height value="1080"

RefreshRate value="119" <- Refresh rate you are using.

Fullscreen value="1" <-This is simply 1 = fullscreen and 0 = windowed.

TextureQuality value="2" <-This value dictates the texture quality. The number starts and zero and goes up from there.

AnisotropicQuality value="4" <-This is the same as the texture quality it starts at zero and goes up with each setting eg. 4=16x 3=8x 2=4x 1=2x 0=none

Vsync value="1" <-Same as above

SSAO value="0" <- SSAO cannot be disabled so this is the lowest setting.

ShadowQuality value="3"

ReflectionQuality value="3"

WaterQuality value="2" <-Once again this is the onlt the selection number meaning you choose the highest setting but there where only 3, 0=Low 1=Medium and 2=High

FXAA value="3"

Tessellation value="3"

HighQualityShaders value="1"

DirectXVersion value="3"

MSAA value="1" <-I'm not 100% sure but I know when using a lower Directx this is set to 0 because it is not supported. Perhaps 1 is the lowest setting on Directx 11

3DVisionEnable value="1"

3DVisionConvergence value="7.000000"

3DVisionSeparation value="10.000000"

Posted 06/19/2012 08:14 AM   
Scroll To Top