KVM-Driver issues
[b]*************This Post is Directed at nVidia Technical Support************[/b]

Hi, All--

I have four machines connected to a Belkin F1DD104L KVM Switchbox

Three of the machines run cards with nVidia chipsets:

Xeon 3110 (Core 2 Duo) running Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86, all the latest updates, with 8800 GTS card running 296.10 drivers
Core i7 930 running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64, all the latest updates, with 9800GTX card, just upgraded to the 301.42 drivers
Core 2 Duo 6600 running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64, all the latest updates with a 8500 GT card running the 296.10 drivers

The i7 machine regularly drops it's connection to the KVM (usually within a 18 to 24-hour period), so I have to continually unplug the monitor cable and then plug it back in to get it to display again
The Xeon machine only sometimes drops it's connection (perhaps once every week or two), but when it does, I have to unplug the monitor cable and re-plug it back into the machine
The Core 2 Duo machine, until I upgraded to the 301.42 drivers, NEVER lost connection . . .

OK, so when I upgraded the Core 2 Duo machine to the 301.42 drivers, the 8500 GT card lost connectivity to the monitor after several hours, just like the 9800GTX and the 8800GTS . . . HOWEVER--I was [b][i]*NOT*[/i][/b] able to simply unplug the cable and plug it back in--I had to force a reboot to get the monitor back. It did this several times on me, so I just rolled the drivers back to 296.10, and haven't had a re-occurrence.

This tells me several things:

* That there are different "Power Save" features on each of the cards
* That these "Power Save" features are "leveraged" by the version of the driver installed (and the ability to change, adjust or disable this is NOT exposed in the nVidia Control Panel)
* That the issue is NOT a problem with the KVM being used

When I upgraded the i7 machine to the 301.42 drivers, it *seemed* like it might remain connected, but alas, this morning I checked and it had again dropped connection. I was previously running the 296.10 drivers, so rolling back to those won't change anything like they when I rolled them back to 296.10 on the 8500 GT card.

[b]Bottom Line[/b]--I need the capability to turn off any "Power Save" settings that the cards may have, that the driver leverages (obviously, higher end model cards have more and/or different features, which these drivers then utilize), either with a new driver, or some registry entry I can make to turn it off!! I cannot continually disconnect and re-connect cables after I have connected all the machines to this switchbox!! Please provide a workaround or a driver update to take care of this!!
*************This Post is Directed at nVidia Technical Support************

Hi, All--

I have four machines connected to a Belkin F1DD104L KVM Switchbox

Three of the machines run cards with nVidia chipsets:

Xeon 3110 (Core 2 Duo) running Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86, all the latest updates, with 8800 GTS card running 296.10 drivers

Core i7 930 running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64, all the latest updates, with 9800GTX card, just upgraded to the 301.42 drivers

Core 2 Duo 6600 running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64, all the latest updates with a 8500 GT card running the 296.10 drivers

The i7 machine regularly drops it's connection to the KVM (usually within a 18 to 24-hour period), so I have to continually unplug the monitor cable and then plug it back in to get it to display again

The Xeon machine only sometimes drops it's connection (perhaps once every week or two), but when it does, I have to unplug the monitor cable and re-plug it back into the machine

The Core 2 Duo machine, until I upgraded to the 301.42 drivers, NEVER lost connection . . .

OK, so when I upgraded the Core 2 Duo machine to the 301.42 drivers, the 8500 GT card lost connectivity to the monitor after several hours, just like the 9800GTX and the 8800GTS . . . HOWEVER--I was *NOT* able to simply unplug the cable and plug it back in--I had to force a reboot to get the monitor back. It did this several times on me, so I just rolled the drivers back to 296.10, and haven't had a re-occurrence.

This tells me several things:

* That there are different "Power Save" features on each of the cards

* That these "Power Save" features are "leveraged" by the version of the driver installed (and the ability to change, adjust or disable this is NOT exposed in the nVidia Control Panel)

* That the issue is NOT a problem with the KVM being used

When I upgraded the i7 machine to the 301.42 drivers, it *seemed* like it might remain connected, but alas, this morning I checked and it had again dropped connection. I was previously running the 296.10 drivers, so rolling back to those won't change anything like they when I rolled them back to 296.10 on the 8500 GT card.

Bottom Line--I need the capability to turn off any "Power Save" settings that the cards may have, that the driver leverages (obviously, higher end model cards have more and/or different features, which these drivers then utilize), either with a new driver, or some registry entry I can make to turn it off!! I cannot continually disconnect and re-connect cables after I have connected all the machines to this switchbox!! Please provide a workaround or a driver update to take care of this!!

Posted 05/30/2012 01:16 PM   
Nvidia ? where are you ? i need you /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />
Nvidia ? where are you ? i need you /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Posted 05/30/2012 06:39 PM   
Yes, nVidia support--where are you? I posted this three days ago, and so far no response whatsoever . . .
Yes, nVidia support--where are you? I posted this three days ago, and so far no response whatsoever . . .

Posted 06/02/2012 07:07 PM   
ELEVEN DAYS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM NVIDIA SUPPORT?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ELEVEN DAYS AND STILL NO RESPONSE FROM NVIDIA SUPPORT?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Posted 06/12/2012 01:45 PM   
I've had this problem for well over a year, i wouldn't expect it fixed anytime soon!
I'm stuck on 7.15.11.8250, any attempt to move above that results in the same issue as you have.
I've had this problem for well over a year, i wouldn't expect it fixed anytime soon!

I'm stuck on 7.15.11.8250, any attempt to move above that results in the same issue as you have.

Posted 06/22/2012 06:44 AM   
Scroll To Top