GeForce GTX 560 Ti and Diablo 3 Issues
Okay so I know this has been addressed multiple times on here and Battle.net but none of the "work-a-rounds" are working for me. There also hasn't been a formal response form Blizzard nor NVIDIA. After playing anywhere from 0-30 minutes Diablo 3 crashes. Sometimes it results in a video card crash and it recovers, sometimes it loses video signal and I have to restart my computer before I can do anything (the sound is still being output though). I've heard that it is an optimization issue by the game developer's, but people seem to figure some sort of solution out. Here is a list of things I've done to no avail.

1. underclock GPU from 822 MHz to 756 MHz
2. update driver to 301.42 (game crashed immediately multiple times so I rolled back to 296.10)
3. Set GeForce CPU cooling form auto to manual and max %
4. update my BIOS
5. lower FPS to 60 fps
6. remove anti-aliasing in game
7. changed resolution
8. changed PhysX processor
9. and every combination of the aforementioned and a few others I forgot to mention

I'm really at a loss here and I'm not a computer guru by any means. The sole purpose of this PC is for gaming and I can't even play D3 which to my knowledge isn't that graphics intensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Okay so I know this has been addressed multiple times on here and Battle.net but none of the "work-a-rounds" are working for me. There also hasn't been a formal response form Blizzard nor NVIDIA. After playing anywhere from 0-30 minutes Diablo 3 crashes. Sometimes it results in a video card crash and it recovers, sometimes it loses video signal and I have to restart my computer before I can do anything (the sound is still being output though). I've heard that it is an optimization issue by the game developer's, but people seem to figure some sort of solution out. Here is a list of things I've done to no avail.

1. underclock GPU from 822 MHz to 756 MHz

2. update driver to 301.42 (game crashed immediately multiple times so I rolled back to 296.10)

3. Set GeForce CPU cooling form auto to manual and max %

4. update my BIOS

5. lower FPS to 60 fps

6. remove anti-aliasing in game

7. changed resolution

8. changed PhysX processor

9. and every combination of the aforementioned and a few others I forgot to mention

I'm really at a loss here and I'm not a computer guru by any means. The sole purpose of this PC is for gaming and I can't even play D3 which to my knowledge isn't that graphics intensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted 05/30/2012 04:14 AM   
Do you have the OEM 560Ti? or the EVGA, MSI, Asus, Galaxy, etc version?
Do you have the OEM 560Ti? or the EVGA, MSI, Asus, Galaxy, etc version?

Posted 06/03/2012 08:36 PM   
Scroll To Top