Failing to get HDMI output working with Samsung Syncmaster TA950 GTX 560
Hi all

a cable from DVI-out of my GTX 560 to HDMI of my Samsung SyncMaster TA950 works just fine. However the direct HDMI-to-HDMI connection doesn't work. I'm getting "No Signal / No source" message on the SyncMaster TA950 and in the best case "Resolution is not supported". Two HDMI-to-HDMI cables have been tried so far -- no luck.

The most frustrating is that SyncMaster TA950 can't recognize signal from my GTX 560 even when the computer boots up. That is, even if I find the lucky resolution in OS, still I wouldn't be able to enter BIOS using HDMI-to-HDMI connection, and similarly I will not be able to see a bootloader and choose the OS to boot in, etc.

Any ideas what's going on and how to get HDMI-HDMI working?

Thanks
Hi all

a cable from DVI-out of my GTX 560 to HDMI of my Samsung SyncMaster TA950 works just fine. However the direct HDMI-to-HDMI connection doesn't work. I'm getting "No Signal / No source" message on the SyncMaster TA950 and in the best case "Resolution is not supported". Two HDMI-to-HDMI cables have been tried so far -- no luck.

The most frustrating is that SyncMaster TA950 can't recognize signal from my GTX 560 even when the computer boots up. That is, even if I find the lucky resolution in OS, still I wouldn't be able to enter BIOS using HDMI-to-HDMI connection, and similarly I will not be able to see a bootloader and choose the OS to boot in, etc.

Any ideas what's going on and how to get HDMI-HDMI working?

Thanks

Posted 05/28/2012 11:47 AM   
Some monitor manufacturer give priority to signal input like DVI, HDMI, VGA. Have a check with the monitor manufacturer regarding the priority and change it to DVI.
Some monitor manufacturer give priority to signal input like DVI, HDMI, VGA. Have a check with the monitor manufacturer regarding the priority and change it to DVI.
[quote name='rashid.blog@gmail.com' date='28 May 2012 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1338210766' post='1414658']
[/quote]
Hi Raschid, many thanks for the answer! So lame of me, just realized that I've messed up the abbreviations in my original post... grrrr.... :-/

Just corrected them could you please take a look again?
[quote name='rashid.blog@gmail.com' date='28 May 2012 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1338210766' post='1414658']

Hi Raschid, many thanks for the answer! So lame of me, just realized that I've messed up the abbreviations in my original post... grrrr.... :-/

Just corrected them could you please take a look again?

Posted 05/28/2012 02:45 PM   
anyone?..
anyone?..

Posted 06/02/2012 09:41 PM   
Same problem...

So after reading on the nvidia website product specs page for the gtx560 ti where it says 2x DVI & 1x mini-hdmi... I ordered mini-hdmi to hdmi so I could connect my new tv vizio m470sl as a second monitor.
After it turned out there is just a regular hdmi output I had to buy another cable, hdmi to hdmi which is now connected but I cannot see it appear in the nvidia control panel, even after a 'rigorous display detection' and restarting.
I really don't want to have to buy a dvi to hdmi cable as well as the other two I already have. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Same problem...

So after reading on the nvidia website product specs page for the gtx560 ti where it says 2x DVI & 1x mini-hdmi... I ordered mini-hdmi to hdmi so I could connect my new tv vizio m470sl as a second monitor.

After it turned out there is just a regular hdmi output I had to buy another cable, hdmi to hdmi which is now connected but I cannot see it appear in the nvidia control panel, even after a 'rigorous display detection' and restarting.

I really don't want to have to buy a dvi to hdmi cable as well as the other two I already have. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Posted 06/04/2012 01:20 AM   
Mikelbny, did you resolve your problem? I still live with this sad issue :-/
Mikelbny, did you resolve your problem? I still live with this sad issue :-/

Posted 11/05/2012 12:32 PM   
Scroll To Top