3D Vision Help (gtx 580 with 301.42 "you have an outdated driver")
So, I just got an Acer 27" 120hz 3D Vision ready monitor, which came with nvidia 3D glasses. I'm using the latest 301.42 driver (though tried with my previous 295 driver. I have 2 580's, and have tried in SLi, sli disabled, and even with one card disabled from device manager. So far, lot's of issues here. 3D works great in games I run, from BF3 to Torchlight, and looks great, however I cannot view anything online in 3D.

I've tried youtube's html5 3d, and only got side by side images. After many tries, I went to 3dvisionlive.com, hoping I could get something there to work; I couldn't. Clicking "youtube 3d" gives me this,

[quote]Your system is not correctly configured. Please visit this link for further instruction: 3DV HTML5 Detection
[/quote]

Clicking the link, I then get this one
[quote]
Hardware Check

- You have an outdated NVIDIA driver version. Please update your driver to Beta Release 275.27 or above.
[/quote]

and this was with both the new 301.42 and my older 295 driver. I've tried reinstalling both multiple times, as express and as custom with the clean install, and with ccleaner removing the drivers.. no luck. Clicking the link there to go to the driver page doesn't help, as it simply tells me I have the latest driver. Even tried to view photos from 3dvisionlive, but nothing works...
[quote]
Your setup needs updating.You may be missing, or have improperly installed, one or more of the required 3D Vision components. Please check the System Requirements page for more details. [/quote]

I've got everything on the requirements page.. so I'm at a loss. I'm new to 3D, and it's it's driving me insane.. been up too late trying to fix this, so hopefully someone can help me out

specs:
EVGA X58 SLi LE mobo
i7-920 quad (h100 water cooler)
12gb corsair xms3 ram
dual evga gtx 580s in sli
corsair hx 1050 psu
Acer 27" 3d vision ready monitor with nvidia glasses
301.42 driver

think thats all the important specs
So, I just got an Acer 27" 120hz 3D Vision ready monitor, which came with nvidia 3D glasses. I'm using the latest 301.42 driver (though tried with my previous 295 driver. I have 2 580's, and have tried in SLi, sli disabled, and even with one card disabled from device manager. So far, lot's of issues here. 3D works great in games I run, from BF3 to Torchlight, and looks great, however I cannot view anything online in 3D.

I've tried youtube's html5 3d, and only got side by side images. After many tries, I went to 3dvisionlive.com, hoping I could get something there to work; I couldn't. Clicking "youtube 3d" gives me this,

Your system is not correctly configured. Please visit this link for further instruction: 3DV HTML5 Detection

Clicking the link, I then get this one

Hardware Check

- You have an outdated NVIDIA driver version. Please update your driver to Beta Release 275.27 or above.

and this was with both the new 301.42 and my older 295 driver. I've tried reinstalling both multiple times, as express and as custom with the clean install, and with ccleaner removing the drivers.. no luck. Clicking the link there to go to the driver page doesn't help, as it simply tells me I have the latest driver. Even tried to view photos from 3dvisionlive, but nothing works...

Your setup needs updating.You may be missing, or have improperly installed, one or more of the required 3D Vision components. Please check the System Requirements page for more details.

I've got everything on the requirements page.. so I'm at a loss. I'm new to 3D, and it's it's driving me insane.. been up too late trying to fix this, so hopefully someone can help me out

specs:

EVGA X58 SLi LE mobo

i7-920 quad (h100 water cooler)

12gb corsair xms3 ram

dual evga gtx 580s in sli

corsair hx 1050 psu

Acer 27" 3d vision ready monitor with nvidia glasses

301.42 driver

think thats all the important specs

Posted 05/28/2012 05:42 AM   
Well, you're missing one important stat: what browser are you using and what version? That's critical for viewing on YouTube. Firefox compatibility has been on and off. See this topic below: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225458

Honestly, though, I'm starting to think this whole YouTube thing is a bust. As you've seen, NVIDIA hasn't even bothered to update the website since the 275 drivers were in beta testing.
Well, you're missing one important stat: what browser are you using and what version? That's critical for viewing on YouTube. Firefox compatibility has been on and off. See this topic below: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225458

Honestly, though, I'm starting to think this whole YouTube thing is a bust. As you've seen, NVIDIA hasn't even bothered to update the website since the 275 drivers were in beta testing.

Posted 05/28/2012 03:33 PM   
sorry, that would help wouldn't it ;p

I've tried with both the latest firefox 12, and the firefox beta, as well as with the latest chrome. unplugged all monitors except the 3d one, and disabled sli (even tried disabling the card itself, so only one card is running, and still get the out of date driver message... I would expect this from youtube, but from nvidia's own site? I'll keep trying different things, but at least it works in games and movies.. just kinda sad as I was excited to have access to the 3dvision site and youtube's 3D
sorry, that would help wouldn't it ;p

I've tried with both the latest firefox 12, and the firefox beta, as well as with the latest chrome. unplugged all monitors except the 3d one, and disabled sli (even tried disabling the card itself, so only one card is running, and still get the out of date driver message... I would expect this from youtube, but from nvidia's own site? I'll keep trying different things, but at least it works in games and movies.. just kinda sad as I was excited to have access to the 3dvision site and youtube's 3D

Posted 05/29/2012 04:15 AM   
Hmmm, I just noticed at the end of SteveK's post in that thread I linked:

[quote]NOTE: when FireFox 12 is released we will post an updated how-to guide on 3DVisionlive.com that explains how to properly set up your system for 3D playback using 3D Vision and FireFox.[/quote]

That makes me think that you have to do things a bit differently with FF12 than with FF10. Hopefully SteveK will see this and post something?
Hmmm, I just noticed at the end of SteveK's post in that thread I linked:

NOTE: when FireFox 12 is released we will post an updated how-to guide on 3DVisionlive.com that explains how to properly set up your system for 3D playback using 3D Vision and FireFox.

That makes me think that you have to do things a bit differently with FF12 than with FF10. Hopefully SteveK will see this and post something?

Posted 05/30/2012 12:08 AM   
The more I try, the more I'm thinking that noe one is even bothering with that site. I tried doing a full wipe of all drivers, and started over. I meet every requirement (even removed my other video cards so it's just a single gtx 580 and a single nvidia 3d vision ready monitor)... 3D works great with my movie player, and games work perfectly, however now when I go to the 3D vision site, it tells me I don't have 3d enabled >_<

[quote]Hardware Check

- You do not have stereo currently enabled. Please enable stereo if you wish to watch stereo content.
[/quote]

Photos don't work either (from the site), giving the error "Nvidia stereo not enabled or available." I've tried every method I can think of to reinstall my drivers, and set the system up the way the requirements state, (no sli, single monitor, etc) and have tried several browsers, from firefox beta to chrome, and several versions of each; nothing works.

No luck with youtube either. Clicking HTML5 just shows side by side, with the 3d never kicking in. I'm really hoping for, but not at all expecting, a solution to the issue with their site and html5 with 3d vision. It's sad to have spent so much getting the setup I have, only to have a large chunk of the available content, not available...
The more I try, the more I'm thinking that noe one is even bothering with that site. I tried doing a full wipe of all drivers, and started over. I meet every requirement (even removed my other video cards so it's just a single gtx 580 and a single nvidia 3d vision ready monitor)... 3D works great with my movie player, and games work perfectly, however now when I go to the 3D vision site, it tells me I don't have 3d enabled >_<

Hardware Check

- You do not have stereo currently enabled. Please enable stereo if you wish to watch stereo content.

Photos don't work either (from the site), giving the error "Nvidia stereo not enabled or available." I've tried every method I can think of to reinstall my drivers, and set the system up the way the requirements state, (no sli, single monitor, etc) and have tried several browsers, from firefox beta to chrome, and several versions of each; nothing works.

No luck with youtube either. Clicking HTML5 just shows side by side, with the 3d never kicking in. I'm really hoping for, but not at all expecting, a solution to the issue with their site and html5 with 3d vision. It's sad to have spent so much getting the setup I have, only to have a large chunk of the available content, not available...

Posted 05/31/2012 09:59 PM   
3D photos don't work? Oh jeez, yeah, you said that in your first message and I missed it. With photos I actually have some kind of clue and can try to help.

Check your NVIDIA control panel and go to "Set up stereoscopic 3D". Your display type should show your monitor. The 'hide stereoscopic 3d effects...' check box should not be checked. The 'Select when the display sin in 3D mode' should be set to "Only while 3D programs run" or "Always".
3D photos don't work? Oh jeez, yeah, you said that in your first message and I missed it. With photos I actually have some kind of clue and can try to help.

Check your NVIDIA control panel and go to "Set up stereoscopic 3D". Your display type should show your monitor. The 'hide stereoscopic 3d effects...' check box should not be checked. The 'Select when the display sin in 3D mode' should be set to "Only while 3D programs run" or "Always".

Posted 06/01/2012 02:38 AM   
the latest drivers are buggy in regards to 3d vision users atm, revert to then next oldest driver and it should fix your issues. 301.42 is a poor driver for 3d vision, this is my suggestion IF your having issues what were currently not there with the previous driver.
the latest drivers are buggy in regards to 3d vision users atm, revert to then next oldest driver and it should fix your issues. 301.42 is a poor driver for 3d vision, this is my suggestion IF your having issues what were currently not there with the previous driver.
Posted 06/03/2012 07:05 PM   
Scroll To Top