Geforce 650m Driver, Where?
I've recently bought a Samsung 550P5C and I want to update the driver for it's GPU. However in geforce and nvidia sites, there is no such driver available. I've looked around a bit and there are so few people looking for this, it worries me.

Please advise.
I've recently bought a Samsung 550P5C and I want to update the driver for it's GPU. However in geforce and nvidia sites, there is no such driver available. I've looked around a bit and there are so few people looking for this, it worries me.

Please advise.

Posted 05/24/2012 11:49 AM   
The latest driver posted is 301.42. But there is no support for the 650M since its so new. I'd give it some time. For the time being, you may want to stick with the OEM certified driver. If you come across a suspected bug, please do let us know.

What is the make and model of the laptop?
The latest driver posted is 301.42. But there is no support for the 650M since its so new. I'd give it some time. For the time being, you may want to stick with the OEM certified driver. If you come across a suspected bug, please do let us know.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 05/24/2012 11:49 PM   
Hey Dave, the laptop is SAMSUNG 550P5C-S02TR. I couldn't find it on Samsung's official site. It's a relief if it's just that the GPU is too new that it isn't supported by new drivers. Thanks for heads up.

I didn't really have time to test the 650m in action but it looked pretty great in the 3 minutes of "how it works" playtime I experienced. I'll report if I suspect any problems with the card or driver.
Hey Dave, the laptop is SAMSUNG 550P5C-S02TR. I couldn't find it on Samsung's official site. It's a relief if it's just that the GPU is too new that it isn't supported by new drivers. Thanks for heads up.

I didn't really have time to test the 650m in action but it looked pretty great in the 3 minutes of "how it works" playtime I experienced. I'll report if I suspect any problems with the card or driver.

Posted 05/25/2012 02:39 AM   
[quote name='GeforceDave' date='25 May 2012 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1337903392' post='1413235']

[/quote]

I have a bug for you, when using an external monitor via HDMI (having the laptop screen as the main monitor, and the external monitor as an extended desktop). The picture on the external screen has a persistent flicker every 30 seconds ish (as in the whole screen flashes, very annoying).

If the laptop screen is disabled and the external monitor is the main monitor the issue goes away, I have tried all the settings in both the Intel and nVidia configuration and nothing removes the issue. This only happens with the Windows drivers, using the linux drivers everything works fine.

System:
Win7 Ultimate x64
nVidia 650m, Intel HD4000
16gb Ram
Dell 24" 1920x1200 Monitor.
Sager NP6110 Notebook.

Hopefully a driver update will be out very soon (the problem is still there in the 301.42 drivers).
[quote name='GeforceDave' date='25 May 2012 - 07:49 AM' timestamp='1337903392' post='1413235']

I have a bug for you, when using an external monitor via HDMI (having the laptop screen as the main monitor, and the external monitor as an extended desktop). The picture on the external screen has a persistent flicker every 30 seconds ish (as in the whole screen flashes, very annoying).

If the laptop screen is disabled and the external monitor is the main monitor the issue goes away, I have tried all the settings in both the Intel and nVidia configuration and nothing removes the issue. This only happens with the Windows drivers, using the linux drivers everything works fine.

System:

Win7 Ultimate x64

16gb Ram

Sager NP6110 Notebook.

Hopefully a driver update will be out very soon (the problem is still there in the 301.42 drivers).

Posted 05/25/2012 09:16 AM   
I've encountered a problem in the 2nd game I installed, Age of Mythology. To the left you can see the graphics on my desktop with 560 twin frozr 2 OC, and to the right is the laptop with 650m.
[attachment=25757:normal.jpg]

So after this happened I tried updating runtime libraries, directx and windows updates. Didn't work of couse but I didn't know what else I can do.

Now I installed need for speed hot pursuit but when I run the game only Graphics Adapter option is Intel HD Graphics 4000. Geforce 650m is nowhere to be seen.

Edit: Except yeah, in Device Manager but not in game setup interface.
I've encountered a problem in the 2nd game I installed, Age of Mythology. To the left you can see the graphics on my desktop with 560 twin frozr 2 OC, and to the right is the laptop with 650m.

[attachment=25757:normal.jpg]

So after this happened I tried updating runtime libraries, directx and windows updates. Didn't work of couse but I didn't know what else I can do.

Now I installed need for speed hot pursuit but when I run the game only Graphics Adapter option is Intel HD Graphics 4000. Geforce 650m is nowhere to be seen.

Edit: Except yeah, in Device Manager but not in game setup interface.
Attachments

normal.jpg

Posted 05/26/2012 04:16 PM   
Fixed, from Nvidia Control Panel I changed 3d settings and physx from automatic to manually 650m selected.
Fixed, from Nvidia Control Panel I changed 3d settings and physx from automatic to manually 650m selected.

Posted 05/27/2012 11:54 PM   
I just got an Alienware with the GeForce GT 650M and dying to run proper 3D ( writing OGL apps ). Can you please advise how it can be done? The NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.53.run failed of course. My uname -a is Linux M14xR2 3.2.0-24-generic-pae #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 21 18:54:21 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

Thanks!
I just got an Alienware with the GeForce GT 650M and dying to run proper 3D ( writing OGL apps ). Can you please advise how it can be done? The NVIDIA-Linux-x86-295.53.run failed of course. My uname -a is Linux M14xR2 3.2.0-24-generic-pae #39-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 21 18:54:21 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.

Thanks!

Posted 05/28/2012 07:21 AM   
I tested some games,

Diablo 3: Lowest Settings: 50-60 fps Highest Settings: 30-40 fps

Gothic 4: Highest Settings: 25 fps

Skyrim : Lowest Settings: 25-35 fps Highest Settings: 5-7 fps

These results are pre-heating, can you confirm if this is to be expected? I was hoping for better results after the benchmark tests I encountered.
I tested some games,

Diablo 3: Lowest Settings: 50-60 fps Highest Settings: 30-40 fps

Gothic 4: Highest Settings: 25 fps

Skyrim : Lowest Settings: 25-35 fps Highest Settings: 5-7 fps

These results are pre-heating, can you confirm if this is to be expected? I was hoping for better results after the benchmark tests I encountered.

Posted 05/29/2012 06:04 AM   
[quote name='thelestat' date='25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1337937360' post='1413431']

System:
Win7 Ultimate x64
16gb Ram
Sager NP6110 Notebook.

[/quote]

Interesting. Possibly this could be a monitor specific or driver issue. Its really too early to draw any kind of conclusion. Can you please formally open a case at the link below? We'd need some EDID and some system log from you. Be sure to add a note in the case so it can be re-routed it me. Thanks.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Foverview
[quote name='thelestat' date='25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1337937360' post='1413431']

System:

Win7 Ultimate x64

16gb Ram

Sager NP6110 Notebook.

Interesting. Possibly this could be a monitor specific or driver issue. Its really too early to draw any kind of conclusion. Can you please formally open a case at the link below? We'd need some EDID and some system log from you. Be sure to add a note in the case so it can be re-routed it me. Thanks.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 05/30/2012 12:37 AM   
[quote name='GeforceDave' date='30 May 2012 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1338338251' post='1415250']

[/quote]

Can you give us any sort of time frame when these 600M series cards are going to get support, they are underperforming.
[quote name='GeforceDave' date='30 May 2012 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1338338251' post='1415250']

Can you give us any sort of time frame when these 600M series cards are going to get support, they are underperforming.

Posted 05/30/2012 01:34 AM   
Ive just bought a ASUS N56VZ-S4035V laptop with a Geforce 650m, and I'm encountering problems in most games ive tried.

Both Civilization V, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3 are crashing to desktop. Recently, when i tried Photoshop CS 5.1, i got this error message: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007 and the program crashed.

Is this a problem with the drivers?
Ive just bought a ASUS N56VZ-S4035V laptop with a Geforce 650m, and I'm encountering problems in most games ive tried.

Both Civilization V, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3 are crashing to desktop. Recently, when i tried Photoshop CS 5.1, i got this error message: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007 and the program crashed.

Is this a problem with the drivers?

Posted 05/31/2012 08:46 AM   
Scroll To Top