New Gtx 670 drivers Fail?
Ok, Ill get right to the point because im tired hehe.. I have a msi gtx 670 and I LOVE IT! I just saw the new drivers for this card on nvidia site with huge performance boost, I installed and rebooted and now my monitor wont turn on, Im stuck as what I should do.
Any help would be great thx, Also I know it's the drivers, Iv been using this with no problems as of the new drivers.

Thx!

-Chris
Ok, Ill get right to the point because im tired hehe.. I have a msi gtx 670 and I LOVE IT! I just saw the new drivers for this card on nvidia site with huge performance boost, I installed and rebooted and now my monitor wont turn on, Im stuck as what I should do.

Any help would be great thx, Also I know it's the drivers, Iv been using this with no problems as of the new drivers.

Thx!

-Chris

Posted 05/23/2012 03:58 AM   
did u try installing using Custom option in the installer ? or Cleanoption ?
OR first uninstalling the older drivers & then installing the newer drivers ?
did u try installing using Custom option in the installer ? or Cleanoption ?

OR first uninstalling the older drivers & then installing the newer drivers ?

Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3(Two 4GB XMS 1600MHz memory modules), Maximus IV Gene-Z, CM silent pro 850W ,Razer Golaithus Medium, Razer Deathadder, Roccat Kave 5.1, GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX670

Additions : Xbox Controller
Mobile : HTC One (Dev Edition - Unlocked)
Miracast dongle : ActionTec

Posted 05/23/2012 10:37 AM   
I simply installed the new drivers and rebooted as iv done for years.. This is so annoying
I simply installed the new drivers and rebooted as iv done for years.. This is so annoying

Posted 05/23/2012 11:16 AM   
Well, that's good but we never know what fixes may cause the issue every release.

So, i would suggest you to remove the drivers from SafeMode(if possible) or remove from MS Control panel & then restart & if the OS is installing a driver, wait for it to finish & Restart(as it asks) and remove the driver which automatically got installed.
And repeat till your OS is not picking up any driver automatically.

And then install the New Driver.(preferabbly-Custom install with "Clean Option" checked - for safe side)
Well, that's good but we never know what fixes may cause the issue every release.

So, i would suggest you to remove the drivers from SafeMode(if possible) or remove from MS Control panel & then restart & if the OS is installing a driver, wait for it to finish & Restart(as it asks) and remove the driver which automatically got installed.

And repeat till your OS is not picking up any driver automatically.

And then install the New Driver.(preferabbly-Custom install with "Clean Option" checked - for safe side)

Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3(Two 4GB XMS 1600MHz memory modules), Maximus IV Gene-Z, CM silent pro 850W ,Razer Golaithus Medium, Razer Deathadder, Roccat Kave 5.1, GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX670

Additions : Xbox Controller
Mobile : HTC One (Dev Edition - Unlocked)
Miracast dongle : ActionTec

Posted 05/23/2012 12:31 PM   
My monitor doesnt turn on.. im gonna have to install my old card and revert back to the old drivers . Super inconvenient.
My monitor doesnt turn on.. im gonna have to install my old card and revert back to the old drivers . Super inconvenient.

Posted 05/23/2012 05:49 PM   
Scroll To Top