Update problem with GTX 460 SE updating GTX 460 SE computer goes to Standard VGA
I've tried multiple times to update my graphics driver for my GTX 460 SE and when I do it switches to a Standard VGA display adapter on my computer. The on board graphics is disabled and when I try and update through the installer the install fails. When I update the driver through the device manager is when it switches to the Standard VGA. Any solutions on how I update my driver so that it updates the way its supposed to?
I've tried multiple times to update my graphics driver for my GTX 460 SE and when I do it switches to a Standard VGA display adapter on my computer. The on board graphics is disabled and when I try and update through the installer the install fails. When I update the driver through the device manager is when it switches to the Standard VGA. Any solutions on how I update my driver so that it updates the way its supposed to?

Posted 05/15/2012 06:42 AM   
[quote name='Manzikeen' date='14 May 2012 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1337064173' post='1408492']
[/quote]
What exact error message did you saw when installing the driver? Also, what driver versions have you tried?
Its possible that something is causing interference. In a worst case scenario, the card is damaged or OS is corrupted. If you have a system restore point created, preferably it was created when the OS was freshly installed, try to restore your system first and see if you can update the driver.
[quote name='Manzikeen' date='14 May 2012 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1337064173' post='1408492']

What exact error message did you saw when installing the driver? Also, what driver versions have you tried?

Its possible that something is causing interference. In a worst case scenario, the card is damaged or OS is corrupted. If you have a system restore point created, preferably it was created when the OS was freshly installed, try to restore your system first and see if you can update the driver.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 05/17/2012 12:29 AM   
Scroll To Top