Which card to choose?
I need to choose one of these cards but am not sure which. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1gig or the EVGA Geforce 560 ti Superclocked 2gig? Thank you so much... /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />
I need to choose one of these cards but am not sure which. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1gig or the EVGA Geforce 560 ti Superclocked 2gig? Thank you so much... /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Posted 05/09/2012 10:44 PM   
EVGA if I had a choice.
EVGA if I had a choice.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 05/09/2012 11:24 PM   
The EVGA card for two reasons. 1: It's made by EVGA. Their support is exceptional to say the least. While their newest motherboards leave a lot to be desired, their GPU's and tech support is still top notch.

2: The EVGA card has double the VRAM.
The EVGA card for two reasons. 1: It's made by EVGA. Their support is exceptional to say the least. While their newest motherboards leave a lot to be desired, their GPU's and tech support is still top notch.

2: The EVGA card has double the VRAM.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 05/10/2012 12:27 AM   
Damn Geek Squad was advising me on the Nvidia made one, saying quality over quantity, grrrrr....
Damn Geek Squad was advising me on the Nvidia made one, saying quality over quantity, grrrrr....

Posted 05/10/2012 03:10 AM   
Outside the USA EVGA's support is much the same as the others with a 3 yr warranty. That's one reason I have a Gigabyte GTX560ti.
The other reason is the Gigabytes quiet fans and efficient cooler.
2GB VRAM would be good. Gainward also do 2GB. Good cards (I've had three), but only two year warranty.
Outside the USA EVGA's support is much the same as the others with a 3 yr warranty. That's one reason I have a Gigabyte GTX560ti.

The other reason is the Gigabytes quiet fans and efficient cooler.

2GB VRAM would be good. Gainward also do 2GB. Good cards (I've had three), but only two year warranty.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 05/10/2012 06:56 AM   
[quote name='DOOMZ' date='09 May 2012 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1336619456' post='1406330']
[/quote]

[i]Do not ask advice from anyone affiliated with Best Buy for PC products; they want to market products that are readily available to their stores. Although NVIDIA reference cards such as the ones normally carried through the store locations have good build quality, you sell yourself short with longevity on the customer support side of the fence. Resale is also lacking if that is a long term desire.

Geek Squad is good if you want to solve a Virus issue with a Windows reformat, but when it comes to hardware...stick to technical forums. Especially since some of us go through hardware like socks...[/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='DOOMZ' date='09 May 2012 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1336619456' post='1406330']

Do not ask advice from anyone affiliated with Best Buy for PC products; they want to market products that are readily available to their stores. Although NVIDIA reference cards such as the ones normally carried through the store locations have good build quality, you sell yourself short with longevity on the customer support side of the fence. Resale is also lacking if that is a long term desire.

Geek Squad is good if you want to solve a Virus issue with a Windows reformat, but when it comes to hardware...stick to technical forums. Especially since some of us go through hardware like socks...

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 05/10/2012 01:29 PM   
Best Buy is the only retailer that sells Nvidia branded cards. I'm sure they stand to make a little more profit from them, which is no doubt the reason they tried to sway you towards that card.

The EVGA card will be a better bet, mainly because of the extra VRAM.
Best Buy is the only retailer that sells Nvidia branded cards. I'm sure they stand to make a little more profit from them, which is no doubt the reason they tried to sway you towards that card.

The EVGA card will be a better bet, mainly because of the extra VRAM.

EVGA E758 A1 X58 // Core i7 920@4Ghz // OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 // EVGA GTX 670 SLI // Seasonic X Series Gold 1050w // Corsair 800D // Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2410 displays // Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP

Posted 05/10/2012 02:01 PM   
Thanks guys, you rock!
Thanks guys, you rock!

Posted 05/10/2012 05:16 PM   
EVGA for sure.It is superclocked so it has better performance
EVGA for sure.It is superclocked so it has better performance

Posted 05/18/2012 03:52 AM   
Scroll To Top