Alienware m18x HDMI/mini displayport dosen`t work but VGA does
Hi, I have an Alienware m18x I bought a few months ago. I've never had HDMI output to work, even the mini-display port. It is only VGA that works.
It runs two Geforce GTX 580m in SLI, but I have also tried to connect without SLI enabled.
I have uninstalled and installed the latest video card drivers several times but nothing works. Windows updates are installed.
The external monitor works as it should, of course, I have tried all inputs on it (it works with HDMI on my other laptop).
Laptop can not find the external display when I have connected to the HDMI or mini-display port.

I have searched a lot on google but found nothing really relevant to my problem - the only thing I have noted is that there are many who are struggling to get the HDMI input to work, but I do not care anything about that. It is also difficult to find the right keywords when I get no error message.
Dell has no technical support for alienware, so it helps a little with good warranty there, and it's boring to spend money on tech support where they ask you to restart the PC.

Does anyone have a clue or solutions to the problem?
Really appreciate all the help! Thank you.
Hi, I have an Alienware m18x I bought a few months ago. I've never had HDMI output to work, even the mini-display port. It is only VGA that works.

It runs two Geforce GTX 580m in SLI, but I have also tried to connect without SLI enabled.

I have uninstalled and installed the latest video card drivers several times but nothing works. Windows updates are installed.

The external monitor works as it should, of course, I have tried all inputs on it (it works with HDMI on my other laptop).

Laptop can not find the external display when I have connected to the HDMI or mini-display port.

I have searched a lot on google but found nothing really relevant to my problem - the only thing I have noted is that there are many who are struggling to get the HDMI input to work, but I do not care anything about that. It is also difficult to find the right keywords when I get no error message.

Dell has no technical support for alienware, so it helps a little with good warranty there, and it's boring to spend money on tech support where they ask you to restart the PC.

Does anyone have a clue or solutions to the problem?

Really appreciate all the help! Thank you.

Posted 05/09/2012 10:43 PM   
Scroll To Top