Sound drivers aren't working
What happened was: I bought a new all-in-one computer and put Win XP on it (no chance of Mac OS!!!). Then I installed the driver for the speakers and they won't work. Does anybody know why and how to fix it???
What happened was: I bought a new all-in-one computer and put Win XP on it (no chance of Mac OS!!!). Then I installed the driver for the speakers and they won't work. Does anybody know why and how to fix it???

Posted 05/08/2012 06:59 PM   
When you said the driver for the speakers you were referring to drivers for your on-board audio ( probably Realtek ),
or are you trying to make the Nvidia HD Audio drivers that come with the graphics drivers (HDMI audio) work ?

Have you used the setup options in the 'Realtek HD Audio Manager' software, or Windows/Control Panel/Sound ?
Are the speakers built in to the monitor or separate speakers that plug into the motherboard audio jacks ?

If you are not using HDMI it may be best to uninstall the Nvidia HD Audio as it may conflict with Realtek.
If you are using HDMI audio you may need to disable the Realtek HD Audio (Device manager or BIOS), or uninstall the Realtek drivers.
When you said the driver for the speakers you were referring to drivers for your on-board audio ( probably Realtek ),

or are you trying to make the Nvidia HD Audio drivers that come with the graphics drivers (HDMI audio) work ?

Have you used the setup options in the 'Realtek HD Audio Manager' software, or Windows/Control Panel/Sound ?

Are the speakers built in to the monitor or separate speakers that plug into the motherboard audio jacks ?

If you are not using HDMI it may be best to uninstall the Nvidia HD Audio as it may conflict with Realtek.

If you are using HDMI audio you may need to disable the Realtek HD Audio (Device manager or BIOS), or uninstall the Realtek drivers.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 05/09/2012 08:00 AM   
Try disabling the nVIDIA AUDIO IRQ in BIOS, worked for me.
Try disabling the nVIDIA AUDIO IRQ in BIOS, worked for me.

Posted 05/11/2012 10:30 AM   
Scroll To Top