Can I use nForce4 drivers with nForce 3 chipset? Chipset drivers
Motherboard: MSIK8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 chipset)
CPU: AMD 64 3400+
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Ram: 3 GB

Hi everyone. I am new to these boards and am also very much a novice when it comes to computers. I recently did a clean install of the 64 bit Windows 7 on my system. I then tried to update the drivers for my motherboard and chipset. The chipset on my motherboard is nForce 3 but I am only able to find nForce 4 drivers and higher for 64 bit Windows 7.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_15.49.html

So my question is, can I install the nForce 4 drivers onto an nForce 3 chipset? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Motherboard: MSIK8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 chipset)

CPU: AMD 64 3400+

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Ram: 3 GB

Hi everyone. I am new to these boards and am also very much a novice when it comes to computers. I recently did a clean install of the 64 bit Windows 7 on my system. I then tried to update the drivers for my motherboard and chipset. The chipset on my motherboard is nForce 3 but I am only able to find nForce 4 drivers and higher for 64 bit Windows 7.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_15.49.html

So my question is, can I install the nForce 4 drivers onto an nForce 3 chipset? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted 05/08/2012 03:45 AM   
Don't believe thats gonna work for you.

What you might try is using the NF3 6.25beta drivers for XP64....
Don't believe thats gonna work for you.

What you might try is using the NF3 6.25beta drivers for XP64....

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 05/08/2012 12:45 PM   
Scroll To Top