Concerns on Diablo 3 Community Contest
Since there is no indication on the official rules page as to where I should direct questions (and there isn't, I looked several times), I figured that this was my best bet. My first question is in regards to voting. How exactly does the voting work? It seems that you can type literally ANYTHING into the email address voting box and hit submit resulting in a "submission successful" notification. Are only certain votes counted? Can someone vote more than once from the same email address? Do you even have to type in a valid email address for the vote to count? None of these questions are answered on the official rules page. How will vote tabulations be fair if someone can just vote over and over and over again? Even worse, isn't it possible for someone to create some kind of program that just votes over and over again for them?

My other concern is regarding the legitimacy of the pictures submitted. Almost every single picture that has any semblance of effort was not taken for the purpose of this contest. I have seen almost all of them MANY times before this contest started. Most of them came from Blizzcon and other cosplay events. In fact, many of them aren't even of the character that each contest week is allocated to. Nvidia really should have required a MUCH more thorough submission form to prevent this kind of plagiarism and cheating.

If this is the wrong place to have these questions and concerns addressed, please tell me who I should contact to learn more.
Since there is no indication on the official rules page as to where I should direct questions (and there isn't, I looked several times), I figured that this was my best bet. My first question is in regards to voting. How exactly does the voting work? It seems that you can type literally ANYTHING into the email address voting box and hit submit resulting in a "submission successful" notification. Are only certain votes counted? Can someone vote more than once from the same email address? Do you even have to type in a valid email address for the vote to count? None of these questions are answered on the official rules page. How will vote tabulations be fair if someone can just vote over and over and over again? Even worse, isn't it possible for someone to create some kind of program that just votes over and over again for them?

My other concern is regarding the legitimacy of the pictures submitted. Almost every single picture that has any semblance of effort was not taken for the purpose of this contest. I have seen almost all of them MANY times before this contest started. Most of them came from Blizzcon and other cosplay events. In fact, many of them aren't even of the character that each contest week is allocated to. Nvidia really should have required a MUCH more thorough submission form to prevent this kind of plagiarism and cheating.

If this is the wrong place to have these questions and concerns addressed, please tell me who I should contact to learn more.

Posted 05/08/2012 01:32 AM   
I had and still do have the same concerns about the contest, and no ones seems aviable for helping resolve questions, the site I dont belive is even being monitored, this week is allmost over and no pics posted yet, I have entered everyweek since week 3 and my photos is never showen. whats goings on Nvidia???

WTF Man.... Strange.....

Give me my gtx680 I would have won 4 sure....... If they would choose my photo... I have seen pics of cats man... My photo is better darn cat... anyway.
were in no-mans land here bro..

I'll do a better job over-seeing this web site..
I had and still do have the same concerns about the contest, and no ones seems aviable for helping resolve questions, the site I dont belive is even being monitored, this week is allmost over and no pics posted yet, I have entered everyweek since week 3 and my photos is never showen. whats goings on Nvidia???

WTF Man.... Strange.....

Give me my gtx680 I would have won 4 sure....... If they would choose my photo... I have seen pics of cats man... My photo is better darn cat... anyway.

were in no-mans land here bro..

I'll do a better job over-seeing this web site..

Posted 05/17/2012 05:21 AM   
I'm not sure who's overseeing that contest, but I'm not thrilled about it. I put a lot of time and effort into my costume submission, and I've not seen anything come from it - no moderators, no voting pages or entries, nothing.
I'm not sure who's overseeing that contest, but I'm not thrilled about it. I put a lot of time and effort into my costume submission, and I've not seen anything come from it - no moderators, no voting pages or entries, nothing.

Posted 06/19/2012 05:25 AM   
Scroll To Top