GTX 560 Ti in Dell Inspiron 530 ?
Hi guys! I've been looking forward to upgrading my PC for quite some time, and I will try to do the upgrade over the following year. My current rig is an elderly Dell Inspiron 530 (Foxconn 0RY007), with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM and a Nvidia 8600GT. I want to upgrade GPU and PS now and then the rest. I would like to fit an Asus GTX 560ti DirectCU Top II and a 750W PS supply and then upgrade to an i7 and 8gb RAM in a few months time.

My question is, would my Inspiron 530 cope with the GTX 560ti, or would it bottleneck it and make anything unplayable, or even make the whle PC unstable? If it can cope with it, I'll definately go for the GPU upgrade now since the reason I upgrade is gaming, leaving me time to save some money to buy "the-less-important-for-gaming-things". I figure that the CPU and RAM can still be competent at least for a few months, but I fear that the motherboard may not because it has 64bit bus bandwith limit.

Thanks in advance.
Hi guys! I've been looking forward to upgrading my PC for quite some time, and I will try to do the upgrade over the following year. My current rig is an elderly Dell Inspiron 530 (Foxconn 0RY007), with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz, 4GB DDR2 667Mhz RAM and a Nvidia 8600GT. I want to upgrade GPU and PS now and then the rest. I would like to fit an Asus GTX 560ti DirectCU Top II and a 750W PS supply and then upgrade to an i7 and 8gb RAM in a few months time.

My question is, would my Inspiron 530 cope with the GTX 560ti, or would it bottleneck it and make anything unplayable, or even make the whle PC unstable? If it can cope with it, I'll definately go for the GPU upgrade now since the reason I upgrade is gaming, leaving me time to save some money to buy "the-less-important-for-gaming-things". I figure that the CPU and RAM can still be competent at least for a few months, but I fear that the motherboard may not because it has 64bit bus bandwith limit.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 05/06/2012 10:07 PM   
to get the best out of what you wish to update then a new mobo will be required,yes you are correct that it is rather old and very restrictive,you can still use the desktop case and there are planty of very cheap mobo's out there that you can use your existing memory and cpu.
to get the best out of what you wish to update then a new mobo will be required,yes you are correct that it is rather old and very restrictive,you can still use the desktop case and there are planty of very cheap mobo's out there that you can use your existing memory and cpu.

To Life Immortal !!!

Posted 05/06/2012 10:15 PM   
Scroll To Top