Can't run autoupdate check because of MS Runtime Library Error
Two things before I start
1. I'm not quite sure, if I chose the right section for my problem. This seemed the right one.
2. I'm translating all the menus and names from a Polish operating system, so some translations might be a bit incorrect.

Here is my problem: I open nvidia control panel (the one in the tray), click Help->Updates to find if there is something new to install and an error message appears:

[code]

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

[/code]
Aaaand thats it.

Any ideas how to fix that?
Two things before I start

1. I'm not quite sure, if I chose the right section for my problem. This seemed the right one.

2. I'm translating all the menus and names from a Polish operating system, so some translations might be a bit incorrect.

Here is my problem: I open nvidia control panel (the one in the tray), click Help->Updates to find if there is something new to install and an error message appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

Aaaand thats it.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Posted 05/06/2012 06:03 PM   
I am having the exact same problem.

Tallin
I am having the exact same problem.

Tallin

Posted 05/18/2012 02:06 PM   
Me too - exactly the same
Me too - exactly the same

Posted 05/27/2012 08:12 AM   
The C++ runtime libraries are available from Microsoft download center, but the system has always been somewhat of a cluster****. Your first step may be to find, download, & (re)install all the latest versions of C++ libraries 2005, 2008, 2010, etc.
The C++ runtime libraries are available from Microsoft download center, but the system has always been somewhat of a cluster****. Your first step may be to find, download, & (re)install all the latest versions of C++ libraries 2005, 2008, 2010, etc.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 05/27/2012 02:13 PM   
Are there only C++ librarieas 2005,2008 and 2010 at the time???
Are there only C++ librarieas 2005,2008 and 2010 at the time???

Posted 05/06/2013 03:22 AM   
No I believe there are 2012 as well but there isn't much software that's going to require those runtimes as of yet.
No I believe there are 2012 as well but there isn't much software that's going to require those runtimes as of yet.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 05/06/2013 04:03 PM   
That particular error is most often caused by having Runtime just placed about the system instead of properly installed.
That particular error is most often caused by having Runtime just placed about the system instead of properly installed.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 05/06/2013 06:09 PM   
If i reinstall all these C++ libraries versions...i could install drivers and find if there is something new to install from the updates in nvidia control panel???..Or maybe I'll have to do something else to fix the problem..?
If i reinstall all these C++ libraries versions...i could install drivers and find if there is something new to install from the updates in nvidia control panel???..Or maybe I'll have to do something else to fix the problem..?

Posted 05/07/2013 04:02 AM   
Other than SLI profile updates (which are few and far between), there isn't much use for NVIDIA Update. New driver versions can be found on the website or via your favorite software updates feed. A clean install of graphics driver and/or OS would likely solve the problem.
Other than SLI profile updates (which are few and far between), there isn't much use for NVIDIA Update. New driver versions can be found on the website or via your favorite software updates feed.

A clean install of graphics driver and/or OS would likely solve the problem.

Posted 05/07/2013 08:44 PM   
Scroll To Top