SLi option broken in latest drivers.
So, I have the following set up:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 Socket 1155
Graphics Cards: 2x Gigabyte Geforce 560ti GV-N560UD-1GI

...and on the old drivers (approx. rev. 285 and below) the SLi works absolutely fine.

However, on latest drivers, firstly the text for the SLi set up in the control panel is broken:

[img]http://a.yfrog.com/img826/3306/ep8l.jpg[/img]

Working around this by selecting the blank space brings up the menu, and SLi is disabled.

Then selecting SLi from the menu and enabling it, clicking apply, the config switches back to disabled.

[img]http://a.yfrog.com/img88/599/p7oq.jpg[/img]

No error messages, no warnings, no reports or logs of an issue.

This doesn't happen in older drivers - r.280 or less - but does in latest.

So far, I've gotten nothing back from Nvidia support.

I am a games developer, and as this is now starting to impact on work I do outside of the office, I've begun to raise it through dev support channels and with other games developers through various private forums to see if we can get at least a response from Nvidia.

Do any Nvidia techs/CSAs browse these forums?

Thanks.
So, I have the following set up:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 Socket 1155

Graphics Cards: 2x Gigabyte Geforce 560ti GV-N560UD-1GI

...and on the old drivers (approx. rev. 285 and below) the SLi works absolutely fine.

However, on latest drivers, firstly the text for the SLi set up in the control panel is broken:

Working around this by selecting the blank space brings up the menu, and SLi is disabled.

Then selecting SLi from the menu and enabling it, clicking apply, the config switches back to disabled.

No error messages, no warnings, no reports or logs of an issue.

This doesn't happen in older drivers - r.280 or less - but does in latest.

So far, I've gotten nothing back from Nvidia support.

I am a games developer, and as this is now starting to impact on work I do outside of the office, I've begun to raise it through dev support channels and with other games developers through various private forums to see if we can get at least a response from Nvidia.

Do any Nvidia techs/CSAs browse these forums?

Thanks.

Posted 05/06/2012 12:14 PM   
actually i was wondering the same thing. im very new but from looking at the posts it does not appear to me any nv techs provide any help at all, wonderfull huh. /sigh your post at least might shed some light on my issue (both cards detected but no sli option) where NOBODY (asus, evga, net, forums etc) can fix this problem. you know how frustrating it is when ya drop the bones on 2 cards and /DOH!! sli dont work. rage! i wanna kick a kitten or something worse rofl. but at least you have popped a clue to the problem. i suspected it was a driver issue BUT i wasnt certain. still not either but just maybe, could be. so thanks alot really! pray to god they fix this BEEP problem
actually i was wondering the same thing. im very new but from looking at the posts it does not appear to me any nv techs provide any help at all, wonderfull huh. /sigh your post at least might shed some light on my issue (both cards detected but no sli option) where NOBODY (asus, evga, net, forums etc) can fix this problem. you know how frustrating it is when ya drop the bones on 2 cards and /DOH!! sli dont work. rage! i wanna kick a kitten or something worse rofl. but at least you have popped a clue to the problem. i suspected it was a driver issue BUT i wasnt certain. still not either but just maybe, could be. so thanks alot really! pray to god they fix this BEEP problem

Posted 05/06/2012 03:03 PM   
you will see some replies from Nvidia techs but due to the fact this is called a user forum they are not obligated to reply to any post.
Nvidia has a section on their site that you send in a hardware tech issue. this forum was created for us user's to help each other.
to the op your problem is a common one that I have seen posted under the driver section of the forums here, i myself have not had that problem so i have no suggestions for you but you might find some help in the nvidia driver forum as it is a driver problem. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />
you will see some replies from Nvidia techs but due to the fact this is called a user forum they are not obligated to reply to any post.

Nvidia has a section on their site that you send in a hardware tech issue. this forum was created for us user's to help each other.

to the op your problem is a common one that I have seen posted under the driver section of the forums here, i myself have not had that problem so i have no suggestions for you but you might find some help in the nvidia driver forum as it is a driver problem. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Corsair C70 case, ASUS Sabertooth X58,Intel i7 970 6 core cpu, 24gigs Avant memory, PNY GTX 680 4GB, Corsair AX1200 psu with sleeved cables, Sound Blaster Z, 2 LG Blu-Ray, 2 Crucial M500 120GB SSD, 1 Seagate 500GB HDD, 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB HDD, Microsoft SideWinder X4 keyboard, Corsair M65 mouse, Xbox 360 controller, Logitech 5.1 speakers, LG 27" IPS LED monitor, 3 Noctua 120mm fans, 2 Noctua 140mm fans, 1 Noctua 92mm fan, Noctua NH-C12P SE14 140mm SSO cpu cooler. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. GPU has a small overclock by me.

Posted 05/08/2012 03:04 AM   
SLi is once again alive.

Get the v.301.24 beta drivers.

The v.290~ drivers are basically junk.
SLi is once again alive.

Get the v.301.24 beta drivers.

The v.290~ drivers are basically junk.

Posted 05/08/2012 04:58 PM   
Scroll To Top