Nvidia Inspector & Skyrim - Antialiasing Compatibility Setting Which on should I select?
As the Topic Title says...

... I am using Nvidia Inspector. There does not appear to be an actual option to select Elder Scrolls - Skyrim in the program and I was wondering which to choose. In the Nvidia tweak guide they have the option listed for "Need For Speed: Prostreet: Fallout - New Vegas..." and so on. If you look you'll see the list I am referring to.

There is also a listing for the previous Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion. But I do not see Skyrim. Am I missing it?

Could someone tell me if that Fallout - New Vegas listing is the correct selection, or direct me to the optimal choice?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
As the Topic Title says...

... I am using Nvidia Inspector. There does not appear to be an actual option to select Elder Scrolls - Skyrim in the program and I was wondering which to choose. In the Nvidia tweak guide they have the option listed for "Need For Speed: Prostreet: Fallout - New Vegas..." and so on. If you look you'll see the list I am referring to.

There is also a listing for the previous Elder Scrolls game, Oblivion. But I do not see Skyrim. Am I missing it?

Could someone tell me if that Fallout - New Vegas listing is the correct selection, or direct me to the optimal choice?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Posted 05/06/2012 05:16 AM   
Version 1.9.5.11 of Nvidia inspector has an Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim profile.
I can't comment on Nvidia Inspector other than to say it is third party software and any settings not already in NV Control Panel should be viewed as experimental, or BETA - imo.

Your system specifications determine what the optimal settings are. Beyond that the determination of which settings to turn down, if necessary, depends on the viewer.
Most people, I think, push their settings beyond optimal and into quality at any costs, including potential for crashes (I no I do).

For AA, I reckon you do just as well using in game settings, when available. The exception being with CSAA in which case you 'enhance' the in game setting with CSAA in NV Control Panel
( and possibly the other new AA's, don't know).
Some games will do AA when there is no in game option, but others not will respond to forced AA settings via NV Control Panel.
Version 1.9.5.11 of Nvidia inspector has an Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim profile.

I can't comment on Nvidia Inspector other than to say it is third party software and any settings not already in NV Control Panel should be viewed as experimental, or BETA - imo.

Your system specifications determine what the optimal settings are. Beyond that the determination of which settings to turn down, if necessary, depends on the viewer.

Most people, I think, push their settings beyond optimal and into quality at any costs, including potential for crashes (I no I do).

For AA, I reckon you do just as well using in game settings, when available. The exception being with CSAA in which case you 'enhance' the in game setting with CSAA in NV Control Panel

( and possibly the other new AA's, don't know).

Some games will do AA when there is no in game option, but others not will respond to forced AA settings via NV Control Panel.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 05/09/2012 02:17 PM   
Hmm. Well, I just updated the the most recent version and if there is a Skyrim profile for Antialiasing Compatibility I am not seeing it.

I have looked several times, how am I missing this? Is it there as part of a large list or seperately?
Hmm. Well, I just updated the the most recent version and if there is a Skyrim profile for Antialiasing Compatibility I am not seeing it.

I have looked several times, how am I missing this? Is it there as part of a large list or seperately?

Posted 05/09/2012 07:12 PM   
All three Elder Scrolls are in the Profiles drop down list box at the top left of the Profiles page that opens when you click the tool box icon next to [i]'Driver Version'[/i] on the main page.
All three Elder Scrolls are in the Profiles drop down list box at the top left of the Profiles page that opens when you click the tool box icon next to 'Driver Version' on the main page.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 05/10/2012 01:15 PM   
Yes, I see the basic profile.

When you open the profile there is a catagory called Antialiasing Compatibility - I don't see Skyrim there and I was wondering what to select in its place.
Yes, I see the basic profile.

When you open the profile there is a catagory called Antialiasing Compatibility - I don't see Skyrim there and I was wondering what to select in its place.

Posted 05/11/2012 03:52 AM   
BUMPSKI -

Still wondering about this.
BUMPSKI -

Still wondering about this.

Posted 05/15/2012 04:27 AM   
Scroll To Top