computer no longer recognizes my NVIDIA GeForce 310m
Hi,

I have a ASUS U30JC A1 notebook with a GeForce 310m (with optimus) and an intel i3 processor with integrated graphics. I have windows 7 64
A few months ago my computer crashed and when I rebooted all the drivers were gone. I reinstalled everything with relative ease except the nvidia drivers. Every time I tried to install the latest nvidia drivers I got the following error:
"[b]NVIDIA Installer cannont continue
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware[/b]"
I have tried downloading the drivers from both the nvidia website and the asus website.
I found other threads that fixed this issue by hacking .inf files of the drivers. But these threads involved finding the device id in the device manager, but the nvidia card was not in the device manager. After some tinkering I got the device manager to display the nvidia adapter, but it said it was disconnected (please see screenshot).
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. the reason I never bothered fixing this when the problem first occurred is because I never really needed dedicated graphics, but I'm pretty sure the integrated graphics won't be able to play Diablo III so I'm trying to fix it before Diablo is released.
[attachment=25507:device manager.png]
Hi,

I have a ASUS U30JC A1 notebook with a GeForce 310m (with optimus) and an intel i3 processor with integrated graphics. I have windows 7 64

A few months ago my computer crashed and when I rebooted all the drivers were gone. I reinstalled everything with relative ease except the nvidia drivers. Every time I tried to install the latest nvidia drivers I got the following error:

"NVIDIA Installer cannont continue

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware
"

I have tried downloading the drivers from both the nvidia website and the asus website.

I found other threads that fixed this issue by hacking .inf files of the drivers. But these threads involved finding the device id in the device manager, but the nvidia card was not in the device manager. After some tinkering I got the device manager to display the nvidia adapter, but it said it was disconnected (please see screenshot).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. the reason I never bothered fixing this when the problem first occurred is because I never really needed dedicated graphics, but I'm pretty sure the integrated graphics won't be able to play Diablo III so I'm trying to fix it before Diablo is released.

[attachment=25507:device manager.png]
Attachments

device manager.png

Posted 05/06/2012 12:36 AM   
hey, i have the same problem as u...

and i wan't to play diablo 3 as well.

have you solved this? i've read you need to go to your BIOS settings and change some VGA option from adaptive to WIN7 or something like that.
the thing is that i don't have that option, i've tryed updating the bios to version 216, but still can't find that option.

could you please check this? and if you have that option, could you tell me your BIOS version?

Thanks, and hope we can solve this so that we can both play diablo 3 :)
hey, i have the same problem as u...

and i wan't to play diablo 3 as well.

have you solved this? i've read you need to go to your BIOS settings and change some VGA option from adaptive to WIN7 or something like that.

the thing is that i don't have that option, i've tryed updating the bios to version 216, but still can't find that option.

could you please check this? and if you have that option, could you tell me your BIOS version?

Thanks, and hope we can solve this so that we can both play diablo 3 :)

Posted 05/15/2012 06:46 PM   
I'm on a Samsung QX410 and have been having the exact same problem as of yesterday. You've gotten one step ahead of me by being able to see the card in Device Manager - may I ask what sort of tinkering you did to achieve this?
I'm on a Samsung QX410 and have been having the exact same problem as of yesterday. You've gotten one step ahead of me by being able to see the card in Device Manager - may I ask what sort of tinkering you did to achieve this?

Posted 05/16/2012 12:07 AM   
Having the same issue!!! My BIOS does not have a option for changing VGA option from adaptive to WIN7.

Any help appreciated.
Having the same issue!!! My BIOS does not have a option for changing VGA option from adaptive to WIN7.

Any help appreciated.

Posted 05/21/2012 02:52 AM   
Scroll To Top