gtx 590 not fully recognized
I'm not so good with english language, so please have patience.

Hello to all and thanks for your time, my problem is simple: from 6 month i am an happy owner of a zotac gtx590, since one month the gpu is not recognised as a dual-gpu and the nvidia control panel, the windows device manager and GPUZ say that is a simple single gpu (see the pic). Usually i solved this with a reboot but from a couple of days im not longer able to fix it with the reboot.

PLEASE HELP ME.

I have formatted and reinstalled the OS and i have try different drivers, both beta and whql but still dont work, i really don't know what else i can do.
I didn't change anything in my spec./win settings ecc. ecc.

My spec:
Core i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
Corsair 850W
Asus P6T
Win7 home premium 64bit fully upgraded (not the service pack one)
logitech g35 headset (i've disabled from bios the integrated audio card years ago)
WD velociraptor in raid 0

As i already told it worked fine for almost 6 month with different drivers and i didn't change anything of my usual system settings, just dont start with format/wipe/clean/change drivers.
IT will be ok for me install the service pack 1 but i prefer not do it (im just afraid that will impact on performance and some technical blog suggest to not install it if the PC work fine already) and as i said the gpu also worked without it.

Im just afraid that this beauty is dying :_(

Thanks for all the help that you can give me.
I'm not so good with english language, so please have patience.

Hello to all and thanks for your time, my problem is simple: from 6 month i am an happy owner of a zotac gtx590, since one month the gpu is not recognised as a dual-gpu and the nvidia control panel, the windows device manager and GPUZ say that is a simple single gpu (see the pic). Usually i solved this with a reboot but from a couple of days im not longer able to fix it with the reboot.

PLEASE HELP ME.

I have formatted and reinstalled the OS and i have try different drivers, both beta and whql but still dont work, i really don't know what else i can do.

I didn't change anything in my spec./win settings ecc. ecc.

My spec:

Core i7 920 @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair 850W

Asus P6T

Win7 home premium 64bit fully upgraded (not the service pack one)

logitech g35 headset (i've disabled from bios the integrated audio card years ago)

WD velociraptor in raid 0

As i already told it worked fine for almost 6 month with different drivers and i didn't change anything of my usual system settings, just dont start with format/wipe/clean/change drivers.

IT will be ok for me install the service pack 1 but i prefer not do it (im just afraid that will impact on performance and some technical blog suggest to not install it if the PC work fine already) and as i said the gpu also worked without it.

Im just afraid that this beauty is dying :_(

Thanks for all the help that you can give me.

Posted 05/05/2012 07:48 PM   
I have exactly the same problem a Zotac GTX 590, which I have for over 6 months now, stopped being recognized in Device Manager as 2xGTX 590 (only one GTX 590 shows in Device Manager).

The motherboard is Gigabyte G1 Sniper v2, CPU - Core I7-2700. The OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

Please assist.
I have exactly the same problem a Zotac GTX 590, which I have for over 6 months now, stopped being recognized in Device Manager as 2xGTX 590 (only one GTX 590 shows in Device Manager).

The motherboard is Gigabyte G1 Sniper v2, CPU - Core I7-2700. The OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

Please assist.

Posted 06/17/2012 08:29 AM   
Scroll To Top