Could not install 296.10 Driver
Hi,

I had a strange problem with my GTX 460 Graphic Card. My OS is Windows XP SP3. In the last time I couldn't install the new 296.10 Driver. The Installation crashed with "Error". Only the 270.61 Driver did work for me. I just uninstalled the old Driver, deleted the Nvidia Directory and cleaned my System with Driver Cleaner Pro. After a restart, the Installation with the new Driver just crashed again. Than I wanted to install the new driver manuel with the Hardware Manager for Windows. But my System was looking for the File "Nvdata.bin". I searched everywhere but I couldn't find it. In the Nvidia Installation Directory there was a file called "Nvdata.data". I renamed it to "Nvdata.bin" and now I could install the new Driver!!!

??????

I downloaded the new Driver from the Original Nvidia Webside and I can't believe this. Am I the only one with this problem???
Hi,

I had a strange problem with my GTX 460 Graphic Card. My OS is Windows XP SP3. In the last time I couldn't install the new 296.10 Driver. The Installation crashed with "Error". Only the 270.61 Driver did work for me. I just uninstalled the old Driver, deleted the Nvidia Directory and cleaned my System with Driver Cleaner Pro. After a restart, the Installation with the new Driver just crashed again. Than I wanted to install the new driver manuel with the Hardware Manager for Windows. But my System was looking for the File "Nvdata.bin". I searched everywhere but I couldn't find it. In the Nvidia Installation Directory there was a file called "Nvdata.data". I renamed it to "Nvdata.bin" and now I could install the new Driver!!!

??????

I downloaded the new Driver from the Original Nvidia Webside and I can't believe this. Am I the only one with this problem???

Posted 05/05/2012 05:46 PM   
just don't install 296 drivers,they are full of issue's so instead do install the 301 drivers,not had any install problems with those and am running xp sp3 as well.
just don't install 296 drivers,they are full of issue's so instead do install the 301 drivers,not had any install problems with those and am running xp sp3 as well.

To Life Immortal !!!

Posted 05/05/2012 06:06 PM   
Yeah! Today the 296.10 Driver is gone and i can't install it anymore. Neither with the installler or manually. The 301.24 Driver is the same **** and the installation just crashed with error too. I've feel like back in the 90's with Windows 95 and a Soundblaster 16 from Creative. That's it!!! My next Grapic Card is from ATI!!! My Life is just to short for this crap...

Bye, NVIDIA...!
Yeah! Today the 296.10 Driver is gone and i can't install it anymore. Neither with the installler or manually. The 301.24 Driver is the same **** and the installation just crashed with error too. I've feel like back in the 90's with Windows 95 and a Soundblaster 16 from Creative. That's it!!! My next Grapic Card is from ATI!!! My Life is just to short for this crap...

Bye, NVIDIA...!

Posted 05/06/2012 02:38 PM   
Scroll To Top