Diablo III with my GeForce 8400 GS Will this do or do I need to upgrade?
Hello all, and let me first start off by saying I am not very knowledgeable about video cards and what is top of the line or out of date. I haven't done much gaming in the past years, but Diablo 3 is coming out in 10 days and I am planning on getting it. On the site it recommends a NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better, and my computer is using a GeForce 8400 GS. So my question is, will this be enough to operate the game, or am I due for an upgrade? If I am due for an upgrade, what would you suggest? Thank you!
Hello all, and let me first start off by saying I am not very knowledgeable about video cards and what is top of the line or out of date. I haven't done much gaming in the past years, but Diablo 3 is coming out in 10 days and I am planning on getting it. On the site it recommends a NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better, and my computer is using a GeForce 8400 GS. So my question is, will this be enough to operate the game, or am I due for an upgrade? If I am due for an upgrade, what would you suggest? Thank you!

Posted 05/04/2012 09:11 PM   
Hi there, and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Your graphics card would barely meet the minimum specs they have posted now, So that would most likely leave you playing at some really low settings with possibly some low performance.

I would recommend an upgrade to your graphics card, but it would be entirely dependent on the wattage of the power supply currently in your computer, On the side of the power supply it should say what the wattage output is for your power supply.

Or if this was a prebuilt Dell/HP type machine, the make/model will allow me to find it online.

As for Graphics card recommendations, depending on your budget I would stick with something in the 500 series, 550/560/570, any "flavor" base model or "Ti" version would bring you up to speed hardware wise.
Hi there, and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

Your graphics card would barely meet the minimum specs they have posted now, So that would most likely leave you playing at some really low settings with possibly some low performance.

I would recommend an upgrade to your graphics card, but it would be entirely dependent on the wattage of the power supply currently in your computer, On the side of the power supply it should say what the wattage output is for your power supply.

Or if this was a prebuilt Dell/HP type machine, the make/model will allow me to find it online.

As for Graphics card recommendations, depending on your budget I would stick with something in the 500 series, 550/560/570, any "flavor" base model or "Ti" version would bring you up to speed hardware wise.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 05/04/2012 09:46 PM   
My spare PC (a 8 year old pc used for internet surfing) has a 8400 and it plays (alright....) at the lowest settings
My spare PC (a 8 year old pc used for internet surfing) has a 8400 and it plays (alright....) at the lowest settings

Posted 05/23/2012 02:37 PM   
Scroll To Top