Battlefield 3 freezing at random moments
Hello guys,

Recently I have bought Battlefield 3 and it runs very very smoothly, 60fps at least. At what appear to be random moments, the screen freezes and i have to alt+ctrl+del to close the game. I have tried updating my graphics card driver but that didnt matter much either. I have an Asus N75S laptop with an I7 processor, GT555M videocard, 6GB RAM. I haven't gotten this problem with other games.

I don't know much about this, but someone told me that it could freeze because of a function the videocard has to avoid overheating. The function would be 'slowing down' when the game allows it, resulting in BF3 to freeze. I don't know if this is true though.

Recently I have adjusted my 3D-configuration. I have adjusted the bar to 'performance', where it was first on 'quality'. It seems to freeze slightly less after this configuration, but it still freezes.

Could someone give me some advice on this please?

Thanks in advance
Hello guys,

Recently I have bought Battlefield 3 and it runs very very smoothly, 60fps at least. At what appear to be random moments, the screen freezes and i have to alt+ctrl+del to close the game. I have tried updating my graphics card driver but that didnt matter much either. I have an Asus N75S laptop with an I7 processor, GT555M videocard, 6GB RAM. I haven't gotten this problem with other games.

I don't know much about this, but someone told me that it could freeze because of a function the videocard has to avoid overheating. The function would be 'slowing down' when the game allows it, resulting in BF3 to freeze. I don't know if this is true though.

Recently I have adjusted my 3D-configuration. I have adjusted the bar to 'performance', where it was first on 'quality'. It seems to freeze slightly less after this configuration, but it still freezes.

Could someone give me some advice on this please?

Thanks in advance

Posted 05/04/2012 06:47 PM   
There are a few game issues with BF3 that are similar to this, that I still haven't found fixes for.

One of the machines we used internally to reproduce/test BF3 specifically now crashes after 30 minutes or so of play, after i took it home. When we had the machine here it never crashed, and nothing changed on the system at all.

Im just assuming its a game issue that I was having so I was hoping a update would get it fixed. The crash i get is a system hard lock.
There are a few game issues with BF3 that are similar to this, that I still haven't found fixes for.

One of the machines we used internally to reproduce/test BF3 specifically now crashes after 30 minutes or so of play, after i took it home. When we had the machine here it never crashed, and nothing changed on the system at all.

Im just assuming its a game issue that I was having so I was hoping a update would get it fixed. The crash i get is a system hard lock.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 05/04/2012 06:55 PM   
Scroll To Top