My graphics card isn't delivering what it's suppossed to
I have a Packard Bell Easynote TJ65. And it is brought with a Nvidia Geforce GT240M Cuda Card. But now it seems like the graphics card isn't working at all. I watched a video where a person played GTA IV with the exact same graphics card. And on his computer the FPS were really great. Even with the highest settings. But on mine the FPS is really crappy. Even with the lowest settings. It's really frustrating to see that the graphics card really is a good card but that it won't work on my computer.

So what could cause a supposed to be good card to perform like a win 95 graphics card?
I have a Packard Bell Easynote TJ65. And it is brought with a Nvidia Geforce GT240M Cuda Card. But now it seems like the graphics card isn't working at all. I watched a video where a person played GTA IV with the exact same graphics card. And on his computer the FPS were really great. Even with the highest settings. But on mine the FPS is really crappy. Even with the lowest settings. It's really frustrating to see that the graphics card really is a good card but that it won't work on my computer.

So what could cause a supposed to be good card to perform like a win 95 graphics card?

Posted 05/01/2012 12:14 PM   
Sorry to say that card is pretty low end laptop card and also GTA4 is very CPU heavy so his cou might be leaps and bounds ahead of yours. It takes many parts of the pc/laptop to run the game not just the gpu....

The card you got tho is more for say youtube videos and playing browser games and maybe warcraft maybe.....not gta4 tho srry
Sorry to say that card is pretty low end laptop card and also GTA4 is very CPU heavy so his cou might be leaps and bounds ahead of yours. It takes many parts of the pc/laptop to run the game not just the gpu....

The card you got tho is more for say youtube videos and playing browser games and maybe warcraft maybe.....not gta4 tho srry

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 05/01/2012 02:10 PM   
[quote name='MontyQ' date='01 May 2012 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1335881430' post='1403020']

[/quote]

No you're wrong! The graphics card can play heavy games! Check these videos out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2nKGnimoJE and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4CnLDW8nE

As you can see GTA IV runs great on the pc...

So what is wrong with MY computer?
[quote name='MontyQ' date='01 May 2012 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1335881430' post='1403020']

No you're wrong! The graphics card can play heavy games! Check these videos out: and

As you can see GTA IV runs great on the pc...

So what is wrong with MY computer?

Posted 05/01/2012 08:50 PM   
Unlike what MontyQ said, the GT 240M is indeed a midrange GPU, capable of playing many 3D intensive games. Although, he did have a point regarding the CPU, especially with GTA IV, which uses more CPU resources than it was meant to due to a bad case of porting.

Which drivers are you using? Also, check if setting the Power Management Mode to maximum on the Nvidia Control Panel works.

And are you having low performnce on GTA IV alone or on other games as well?
Unlike what MontyQ said, the GT 240M is indeed a midrange GPU, capable of playing many 3D intensive games. Although, he did have a point regarding the CPU, especially with GTA IV, which uses more CPU resources than it was meant to due to a bad case of porting.

Which drivers are you using? Also, check if setting the Power Management Mode to maximum on the Nvidia Control Panel works.

And are you having low performnce on GTA IV alone or on other games as well?

Posted 05/01/2012 09:53 PM   
Scroll To Top