3D capable or not?
I check the features list of 9500GT, it [url="http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-9500-gt/features"]doesn't say[/url] that the GPU is 3D capable. But it has a 3D wizard in control panel which lets you select a 3D glass type and it can re-draw the image on the screen as 3D according to the glass you are using.

What I want to learn is; a customer of mine wants to buy a 610M powered notebook. Will this have the same wizard? In [url="http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-610m/features"]product page[/url] it says 610M is "Blue-Ray 3D ready", but this is not really a sufficient explanation. There is also a forum post saying that 610M is not 3D capable. So how comes it says 9500 GT is not either capable but it can do the trick? :)
I check the features list of 9500GT, it doesn't say that the GPU is 3D capable. But it has a 3D wizard in control panel which lets you select a 3D glass type and it can re-draw the image on the screen as 3D according to the glass you are using.

What I want to learn is; a customer of mine wants to buy a 610M powered notebook. Will this have the same wizard? In product page it says 610M is "Blue-Ray 3D ready", but this is not really a sufficient explanation. There is also a forum post saying that 610M is not 3D capable. So how comes it says 9500 GT is not either capable but it can do the trick? :)

Posted 05/01/2012 07:57 AM   
It's because you installed the nVidia drivers along with the 3D Vision drivers, so the options for 3D Vision appear in the control panel. The option you probably are seeing/using is 3D Vision Discover, which is just the old style red-cyan glasses type of 3D.
About the notebook, which I don't anything about (apart from the gpu), saying something is Blu-Ray 3D ready mainly means that either the blu-ray player in the notebook is capable of playing 3D blu-rays or it's an nVidia 3DTV Play capable notebook (you need to buy a separate 3D Vision Play Software), for which you can get more information [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html"]HERE[/url].

Also see if that notebook is in the 3D Vision supported list of notebooks [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-notebooks.html"]HERE[/url].
It's because you installed the nVidia drivers along with the 3D Vision drivers, so the options for 3D Vision appear in the control panel. The option you probably are seeing/using is 3D Vision Discover, which is just the old style red-cyan glasses type of 3D.

About the notebook, which I don't anything about (apart from the gpu), saying something is Blu-Ray 3D ready mainly means that either the blu-ray player in the notebook is capable of playing 3D blu-rays or it's an nVidia 3DTV Play capable notebook (you need to buy a separate 3D Vision Play Software), for which you can get more information HERE.

Also see if that notebook is in the 3D Vision supported list of notebooks HERE.

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB
nVidia GTX 660 SLI + nVidia 3D Vision
Asus Xonar Essence ST with AKG K601/Sennheiser HD 595
Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD + 5TB HDD Storage
Corsair AX 850 PSU
Coolermaster HAF 932 Case

HELIX MOD - A must for any 3D Vision gamer

Posted 05/01/2012 09:27 AM   
Nope, not only the red-cyan glasses. It has 4 different glass options which also include glare ones. "Blue-Ray 3D" ready is not a notebook feature; so it cannot be about the player on the notebook. Its a feature of the GPU.

I don't want to buy a notebook that is listed in the site; I just ask a feature about a product of nvidia. :)
Nope, not only the red-cyan glasses. It has 4 different glass options which also include glare ones. "Blue-Ray 3D" ready is not a notebook feature; so it cannot be about the player on the notebook. Its a feature of the GPU.

I don't want to buy a notebook that is listed in the site; I just ask a feature about a product of nvidia. :)

Posted 05/01/2012 01:38 PM   
And I told you about many features about nVidia. I didn't say you should buy a notebook listed in the site. I said to see if the specific notebook your client is interested in is supported by 3D Vision. If you actually cared to read my message, I told you check out the 3DTV Play and 3V Vision software to play 3D Blu-rays. The very link you provided says exactly this:[i] HDMI and Blu-Ray 3D support
Connect your GeForce-powered notebook to any 3D enabled TV via HDMI and stream the latest Blu-Ray 3D titles at stunning 1080p resolutions[/i]. So your client will need a 3D capable 3D TV and 3DTV Play software to play 3D Blu-rays, and yes once he installs the proper drivers and makes the right connections from the computer to the 3DTV, the wizard will be there. Your 9500gt, however will not play any 3D content (aside from maybe red-cyan) as I already told you, the options for different types of 3D are there because of what I already told you in my previous message. Maybe your client should turn to some other "expert" to help him with his computer related stuff.
And I told you about many features about nVidia. I didn't say you should buy a notebook listed in the site. I said to see if the specific notebook your client is interested in is supported by 3D Vision. If you actually cared to read my message, I told you check out the 3DTV Play and 3V Vision software to play 3D Blu-rays. The very link you provided says exactly this: HDMI and Blu-Ray 3D support

Connect your GeForce-powered notebook to any 3D enabled TV via HDMI and stream the latest Blu-Ray 3D titles at stunning 1080p resolutions
. So your client will need a 3D capable 3D TV and 3DTV Play software to play 3D Blu-rays, and yes once he installs the proper drivers and makes the right connections from the computer to the 3DTV, the wizard will be there. Your 9500gt, however will not play any 3D content (aside from maybe red-cyan) as I already told you, the options for different types of 3D are there because of what I already told you in my previous message. Maybe your client should turn to some other "expert" to help him with his computer related stuff.

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB
Corsair AX 850 PSU

Posted 05/02/2012 11:18 PM   
Thanks for your effort at posting a reply to my question. But there are things certainly misunderstood.

1. That list nVidia gives is just a list of a very little number of notebook models which won't solve my issue and which is totally regardless of topic.

2. Notebook is NOT important here; I just want to learn [b]if 610M is capable of what 9500GT is[/b]

3. 3D TV is again regardless of the topic; because 9500GT on a desktop PC can re-draw screen according to the glass you use. You don't have to connect to a TV or something is very unspecific in nVidia web-site (which is I am struggling to learn here)

4. 3D Blue Ray is also regardless of topic; because I just pointed out what nVidia says in feature list; I didn't say I want to watch any blue-ray (anyways blue-ray is not the only 3D technology itself).

As you state it again; you are just copying what the link I already pasted here. This means; I bothered to read all of that feature list and explanations and I already complained that its not explanatory enough.

So; copying this info here really won't help. If this is the only "expertise" you have; then you should leave the responsing to someone else.

What I asked is as very simple as:

"Is nvidia 610M capable of drawing 3D or not"? Isn't it very clear?

Actually, the customer wants to use old-style red-blue (or similar) glasses to see the images 3D right on the monitor or on a projection. I don't know if any nvidia mobile GPU is able to do this and [b]before marketing an nvidia powered notebook to my customer; I need to learn this and I thought it would be the best place to ask in nvidia official site[/b] but what I get is I think "[b]do not market notebooks with nvidia, use other products[/b]". Is it?
Thanks for your effort at posting a reply to my question. But there are things certainly misunderstood.

1. That list nVidia gives is just a list of a very little number of notebook models which won't solve my issue and which is totally regardless of topic.

2. Notebook is NOT important here; I just want to learn if 610M is capable of what 9500GT is

3. 3D TV is again regardless of the topic; because 9500GT on a desktop PC can re-draw screen according to the glass you use. You don't have to connect to a TV or something is very unspecific in nVidia web-site (which is I am struggling to learn here)

4. 3D Blue Ray is also regardless of topic; because I just pointed out what nVidia says in feature list; I didn't say I want to watch any blue-ray (anyways blue-ray is not the only 3D technology itself).

As you state it again; you are just copying what the link I already pasted here. This means; I bothered to read all of that feature list and explanations and I already complained that its not explanatory enough.

So; copying this info here really won't help. If this is the only "expertise" you have; then you should leave the responsing to someone else.

What I asked is as very simple as:

"Is nvidia 610M capable of drawing 3D or not"? Isn't it very clear?

Actually, the customer wants to use old-style red-blue (or similar) glasses to see the images 3D right on the monitor or on a projection. I don't know if any nvidia mobile GPU is able to do this and before marketing an nvidia powered notebook to my customer; I need to learn this and I thought it would be the best place to ask in nvidia official site but what I get is I think "do not market notebooks with nvidia, use other products". Is it?

Posted 05/03/2012 09:30 AM   
If you would have asked that is 610M capable of drawing red-cyan 3D, why didn't you just do so? You obviously are not aware that there are many different types of 3D out there. You must be really daft if you cannot read the simple specs of the different gpu's you are trying to compare. And also your first question was so poorly laid out that not at anytime was I thinking if you wanted to compare the two gpu's, instead you were asking if the 610M is 3D capable (to which I provided an answer) and you also failed to mention that your customer only wants to use the old style red-cyan type of 3D. But to answer your question (which would have been obvious if you actually bothered to read the stuff on nVidia's page, yes, both gpu's can output old style red-cyan 3D, it's called 3D Vision Discover (which is also mentioned at nVidia's site) and in this case the type of display doesn't matter. Other than that the gpu's are totally different and the 9500 is a very low end gpu, so the 610M is capable of everything the 9500 is and thensome.
If you would have asked that is 610M capable of drawing red-cyan 3D, why didn't you just do so? You obviously are not aware that there are many different types of 3D out there. You must be really daft if you cannot read the simple specs of the different gpu's you are trying to compare. And also your first question was so poorly laid out that not at anytime was I thinking if you wanted to compare the two gpu's, instead you were asking if the 610M is 3D capable (to which I provided an answer) and you also failed to mention that your customer only wants to use the old style red-cyan type of 3D. But to answer your question (which would have been obvious if you actually bothered to read the stuff on nVidia's page, yes, both gpu's can output old style red-cyan 3D, it's called 3D Vision Discover (which is also mentioned at nVidia's site) and in this case the type of display doesn't matter. Other than that the gpu's are totally different and the 9500 is a very low end gpu, so the 610M is capable of everything the 9500 is and thensome.

Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
Asus P8P67 PRO
Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8GB
Corsair AX 850 PSU

Posted 05/03/2012 03:38 PM   
You don't really mind to read that I already said in my first post: "[b] ... lets you select a 3D glass type ... [/b]" So this already shows that you are not aware even of the language and the words.

I don't understand why do you bother yourself to show this rude attitude to people needing an answer.

I am [b]not[/b] asking any help or any expertise from you or any other individual. I am just asking a specification of a product to its producer. Which is a very natural thing for the market. Like this:

- Hey I am selling this product!
+ OK, does it have this feature?

This is a very normal and simple dialogue. But hey, you are very fast to scam at people and speak instead of others; very surprised of this unnecessary rudeness and personal attacks.

There is really no need for this; you should calm down a bit friend.

My first question was very very clear as saying; "It can be done in 9500 and could it be done in 610m too?". So is that you couldn't understand? Or you could understand but giving that simple answer took you a long time questioning other people's knowledge? Did you really bother to read features list of 9500 GT? Because there is nothing mentioning about 3D in its features page which I already gave a link in my first post! But in contrast to what it doesn't specify in its features page; it has this feature! That's why I instantiated that GPU especially.

You claim to having a very big knowledge and saying according to nvidia's site; 9500 GT has "3D Vision Discover" feature which nvidia never mentions neither in product page nor in features and never in specs list. So, I wonder how you read the pages. For a reference, check my very first post again and click the link I provided to 9500 feature list and do please tell me how you could exract the info of "it could draw red-cyan 3D" from that page.

Btw, what my customer needs is not my [b]only[/b] question. You should widen your perspective a bit. Because I wanted to learn if 610M could output other types of 3Ds like 9500 which I instantiated.

Wow! Its very surprising! Really! How could you bring this simple thing up here.. :)

Anyhow.. Any other ideas? But please not a super high knowledge like this guy's.. Because simple people like me cannot understand his kind of wisdom.
You don't really mind to read that I already said in my first post: " ... lets you select a 3D glass type ... " So this already shows that you are not aware even of the language and the words.

I don't understand why do you bother yourself to show this rude attitude to people needing an answer.

I am not asking any help or any expertise from you or any other individual. I am just asking a specification of a product to its producer. Which is a very natural thing for the market. Like this:

- Hey I am selling this product!

+ OK, does it have this feature?

This is a very normal and simple dialogue. But hey, you are very fast to scam at people and speak instead of others; very surprised of this unnecessary rudeness and personal attacks.

There is really no need for this; you should calm down a bit friend.

My first question was very very clear as saying; "It can be done in 9500 and could it be done in 610m too?". So is that you couldn't understand? Or you could understand but giving that simple answer took you a long time questioning other people's knowledge? Did you really bother to read features list of 9500 GT? Because there is nothing mentioning about 3D in its features page which I already gave a link in my first post! But in contrast to what it doesn't specify in its features page; it has this feature! That's why I instantiated that GPU especially.

You claim to having a very big knowledge and saying according to nvidia's site; 9500 GT has "3D Vision Discover" feature which nvidia never mentions neither in product page nor in features and never in specs list. So, I wonder how you read the pages. For a reference, check my very first post again and click the link I provided to 9500 feature list and do please tell me how you could exract the info of "it could draw red-cyan 3D" from that page.

Btw, what my customer needs is not my only question. You should widen your perspective a bit. Because I wanted to learn if 610M could output other types of 3Ds like 9500 which I instantiated.

Wow! Its very surprising! Really! How could you bring this simple thing up here.. :)

Anyhow.. Any other ideas? But please not a super high knowledge like this guy's.. Because simple people like me cannot understand his kind of wisdom.

Posted 05/03/2012 04:19 PM   
It would appear that english is not your first language. There's nothing wrong with that, but the fact is that your situation/questions/whatever are not very clear, despite what you may think. The answer to your question is not easy because A) You didn't mention you were only interested in 3D Vision DISCOVER (red/cyan glasses) until the end of your 2nd post, and B) There are many different types of 3D rendering. You are on a 3D Vision forum, therefore it is assumed your question is about 3D Vision.

I'll try to answer best I can.

A)3D Vision Discover (Red/Cyan glasses) does not appear to be a technology that Nvidia actively promotes any longer, however a quick search using "3D + Discover" yielded the following page, which should answer your question: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d_vision_discover_requirements.html

B) 3D Vision (not Discover) requires special glasses AND a special screen. The reason Joohan included a link to 3D Vision ready notebooks is because they have that special screen, AND there's a drop down list showing the different GPUs that are optional. Please notice that the 610M is not listed, therefore it appears that the 610M is NOT capable of displaying 3D Vision. You can also refer to here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-system-requirements.html for a list of GPUs including notebook GPUs that are compatible with 3D Vision.
You did not mention you were only interested in 3D Discover (Red/Cyan lensed glasses) in your first post at all.
It would appear that english is not your first language. There's nothing wrong with that, but the fact is that your situation/questions/whatever are not very clear, despite what you may think. The answer to your question is not easy because A) You didn't mention you were only interested in 3D Vision DISCOVER (red/cyan glasses) until the end of your 2nd post, and B) There are many different types of 3D rendering. You are on a 3D Vision forum, therefore it is assumed your question is about 3D Vision.

I'll try to answer best I can.

A)3D Vision Discover (Red/Cyan glasses) does not appear to be a technology that Nvidia actively promotes any longer, however a quick search using "3D + Discover" yielded the following page, which should answer your question: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d_vision_discover_requirements.html

B) 3D Vision (not Discover) requires special glasses AND a special screen. The reason Joohan included a link to 3D Vision ready notebooks is because they have that special screen, AND there's a drop down list showing the different GPUs that are optional. Please notice that the 610M is not listed, therefore it appears that the 610M is NOT capable of displaying 3D Vision. You can also refer to here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-system-requirements.html for a list of GPUs including notebook GPUs that are compatible with 3D Vision.

You did not mention you were only interested in 3D Discover (Red/Cyan lensed glasses) in your first post at all.

|CPU: i7-2700k @ 4.5Ghz
|Cooler: Zalman 9900 Max
|MB: MSI Military Class II Z68 GD-80
|RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR3
|SSDs: Seagate 600 240GB; Crucial M4 128GB
|HDDs: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Seagate Barracuda 500GB
|PS: OCZ ZX Series 1250watt
|Case: Antec 1200 V3
|Monitors: Asus 3D VG278HE; Asus 3D VG236H; Samsung 3D 51" Plasma;
|GPU:EVGA 690GTX
|OS: Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 05/03/2012 06:07 PM   
Interesting. Lets check my first post again. The main idea was:

- There is a 3D wizard in 9500GT driver (which lets you select your 3D glass type). Is it the same for 610M?

Is this a language concern really? Is this sentence very hard to understand because it is not clear in your opinion? This was really a very easy type of question and it could even be answered as "yes" or "no".

Again this is what you say:

[quote]You did not mention you were only interested in 3D Discover [/quote]

But what I had said before your message:

[quote]Btw, what my customer needs is not my [b]only[/b] question[/quote]

But you still prefer talking about my native language rather than yours? OK, I understand you would like to help people answering questions; but this is not the right way. I already instantiated 9500GT for its capabilities; so it would be easy to compare for those who know.

You seem to support Joohan, but he said 610M is capable of everything 9500GT is whilst it is actually not according to what you say. Looks like you are not speaking the same language with him, are you? In the page you linked, it doesn't list 9500GT as 3D Vision Discover capable. But it actually is! According to the driver which was installed from its original CD..

Well; I asked in 3D Vision forum, because this is the only place about 3D in this forum. So it won't matter how many 3D rendering types there are; because there is only one place in this forum for all the 3D technology. That's why this topic is very likely be expected to be opened in this board.

Whatever.. Thanks for your efforts in trying to understand this hard language of mine.
Interesting. Lets check my first post again. The main idea was:

- There is a 3D wizard in 9500GT driver (which lets you select your 3D glass type). Is it the same for 610M?

Is this a language concern really? Is this sentence very hard to understand because it is not clear in your opinion? This was really a very easy type of question and it could even be answered as "yes" or "no".

Again this is what you say:

You did not mention you were only interested in 3D Discover

But what I had said before your message:

Btw, what my customer needs is not my only question

But you still prefer talking about my native language rather than yours? OK, I understand you would like to help people answering questions; but this is not the right way. I already instantiated 9500GT for its capabilities; so it would be easy to compare for those who know.

You seem to support Joohan, but he said 610M is capable of everything 9500GT is whilst it is actually not according to what you say. Looks like you are not speaking the same language with him, are you? In the page you linked, it doesn't list 9500GT as 3D Vision Discover capable. But it actually is! According to the driver which was installed from its original CD..

Well; I asked in 3D Vision forum, because this is the only place about 3D in this forum. So it won't matter how many 3D rendering types there are; because there is only one place in this forum for all the 3D technology. That's why this topic is very likely be expected to be opened in this board.

Whatever.. Thanks for your efforts in trying to understand this hard language of mine.

Posted 05/04/2012 08:12 AM   
On some laptop drivers the 3DVision menu is disabled, by the OEM's request apparently.
So even if the chip can support 3D Vision discover, the 3D menu may not appear in the control panel.
On some laptop drivers the 3DVision menu is disabled, by the OEM's request apparently.

So even if the chip can support 3D Vision discover, the 3D menu may not appear in the control panel.
Posted 05/04/2012 05:45 PM   
[quote name='ERP' date='04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1336153512' post='1404320']
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this interesting information. Do you think it is possible to use any kind of 3D techs in a projection? Or what do I need to basicly see any kind of video in red-cyan format on a projection?
[quote name='ERP' date='04 May 2012 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1336153512' post='1404320']

Thanks for sharing this interesting information. Do you think it is possible to use any kind of 3D techs in a projection? Or what do I need to basicly see any kind of video in red-cyan format on a projection?

Posted 05/05/2012 05:44 AM   
Scroll To Top