GTX 590 Crashing / Stuttering
For about two months now I've been having issues with my desktop crashing. I have tried removing and re-installing drivers as well as re-installing windows. The system is somewhat stable now, I just can't play about half of my games without it crashing. With BFBC2 I will get nothing but a black screen and cannot do anything without killing my box unless I force DX9. With COD: MW3 I can play for a little bit usually, but will eventually crash with iw5sp.exe failing. I have also tried running some benchmarks and those will kill my computer (usually stuck at a black screen) as soon as the GPU portion kicks in (Temps look fine up till it blacks out/crashes). I have also noticed a lot of stuttering (random lock ups and freezing) with just standard daily use, nothing that should be pressing the GPU at all.

I have tried re-installing windows and everything from scratch. This does not help. Also, I have not overclocked anything.

I have opened up a trouble ticket already with the manufacturer.

Here are my system specs:

Antec HCP-1000 PSU
ASUS Sabertooth X79
Intel 3930K
G.Skill Ripjaw Z 32GB DDR3
ASUS GTX 590 (296.10)
Soundblaster Titanium HD
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
Seagate 1TB HDD
Lite-On DVD-Rom

I have also attached my DxDiag.
[attachment=25436:DxDiag.txt]
For about two months now I've been having issues with my desktop crashing. I have tried removing and re-installing drivers as well as re-installing windows. The system is somewhat stable now, I just can't play about half of my games without it crashing. With BFBC2 I will get nothing but a black screen and cannot do anything without killing my box unless I force DX9. With COD: MW3 I can play for a little bit usually, but will eventually crash with iw5sp.exe failing. I have also tried running some benchmarks and those will kill my computer (usually stuck at a black screen) as soon as the GPU portion kicks in (Temps look fine up till it blacks out/crashes). I have also noticed a lot of stuttering (random lock ups and freezing) with just standard daily use, nothing that should be pressing the GPU at all.

I have tried re-installing windows and everything from scratch. This does not help. Also, I have not overclocked anything.

I have opened up a trouble ticket already with the manufacturer.

Here are my system specs:

Antec HCP-1000 PSU

ASUS Sabertooth X79

Intel 3930K

G.Skill Ripjaw Z 32GB DDR3

ASUS GTX 590 (296.10)

Soundblaster Titanium HD

OCZ Vertex 3 240GB

Seagate 1TB HDD

Lite-On DVD-Rom

I have also attached my DxDiag.

[attachment=25436:DxDiag.txt]
Attachments

DxDiag.txt

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ASUS Sabertooth X79
i7 3930K @ 4.2GHz
32 GB G.Skill DDR3
GTX 670 SLI
Soundblaster Titanium HD
Antec HCP-1000 PSU

Posted 04/29/2012 03:18 AM   
If your card is not overheating and shutting itself down......Next thought would be your power supply is going out and when under pressure shutting off.
If your card is not overheating and shutting itself down......Next thought would be your power supply is going out and when under pressure shutting off.

Posted 04/29/2012 03:43 AM   
[quote name='meade95' date='29 April 2012 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1335671007' post='1402123']
[/quote]

That was my thought too, that's why I purchased a new PSU last week (Antec HCP-1000) and installed it. Before having the 1000W Antec I had an 800W Tagan. Currently the oldest piece of hardware in my computer is the GTX 590. Everything else is new as of Dec. 2011 up till now.
[quote name='meade95' date='29 April 2012 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1335671007' post='1402123']

That was my thought too, that's why I purchased a new PSU last week (Antec HCP-1000) and installed it. Before having the 1000W Antec I had an 800W Tagan. Currently the oldest piece of hardware in my computer is the GTX 590. Everything else is new as of Dec. 2011 up till now.

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ASUS Sabertooth X79
i7 3930K @ 4.2GHz
32 GB G.Skill DDR3
GTX 670 SLI
Soundblaster Titanium HD
Antec HCP-1000 PSU

Posted 04/29/2012 04:16 AM   
Scroll To Top