GeForce Quadro 3700M might be failing? Help. Card may be shot
I use my computer mostly for school work and miscellaneous internet surfing, but occasionally I play Startcraft II. Recently, my computer just started shutting down in the middle of games. More or less, the entire thing would freeze and the screen would go blank. I uninstalled and re-installed the game, did the same for the graphics driver, cleaned my entire computer hardware with compressed gas, and recently ran the Dell hardware diagnostic test. 60% Through the GPU test, the same shutdown happened. Am I to presume that my graphics card overheated one too many times and is shot? I have a Dell Precision M6400 that is about two years old and used daily.
I use my computer mostly for school work and miscellaneous internet surfing, but occasionally I play Startcraft II. Recently, my computer just started shutting down in the middle of games. More or less, the entire thing would freeze and the screen would go blank. I uninstalled and re-installed the game, did the same for the graphics driver, cleaned my entire computer hardware with compressed gas, and recently ran the Dell hardware diagnostic test. 60% Through the GPU test, the same shutdown happened. Am I to presume that my graphics card overheated one too many times and is shot? I have a Dell Precision M6400 that is about two years old and used daily.

Posted 04/28/2012 03:36 PM   
yes will either be the graphics card is on it's way out or the power supply is failing.
yes will either be the graphics card is on it's way out or the power supply is failing.

To Life Immortal !!!

Posted 04/28/2012 04:21 PM   
Scroll To Top